Register now to get rid of these ads!

I found this car and thought...I'd keep it forever. That's a first.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by playin' hookie, Jul 15, 2010.

1. I's saying it's already got a number on the door, as seen in one of the sneak peek pics.

And, what does the badge above the missing trim piece say? It looks like "OLDSTREAM".

2. RacerRick

RacerRick

Gasser! I know where there is a rebuilt nailhead for cheap!

3. Abone29

Abone29

Neat story and a great car.Ain't it neat that deals can still be done with a handshake? Thats rare in this day and time.Like my dear ol' daddy used to say "If a man's word is no good then he's no good".Great find ,congrats.

4. Great catch and even better story telling. I like the idea of a simple build - I could see it with a later model 270 hp Rambler 327/twin stick 3/5 spd, gently lowered, painted steelies, simple single stage solid color, mild trim cleanup, shaved bumper bolts, that sort of thing.

Steve

5. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

If I see one more frikin "GASSER" I think I will puke. I mean I love em ..a lot but shit come on only a few really get it right. if they arent right then they arent right. but a nice period "classy" custom that car is begin for.

6. playin' hookie

playin' hookie

Hit the MTO office today and now have the title in my name, took a bit a chatting up the lady and a confirmation call to the head office. Went TOO smooth, let the goodluck continue to roll!

Rick, Whatcha got?

I won't be doing anything to radical with this one. A little here and there but I'm seeing her low, clean and loud. Keeping all the trim. keeping the bumperettes but no bolts perhaps.An inch and a half off the a posts for a little angle chop would be it. MAYBE.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  7. playin' hookie

playin' hookie

The "oldstream" is kinda funny, only on oneside by the way. I was searching and searching for this "oldstream" thing. Got nothing after nothing. Started digging through a few boxes in the back and found a chrome peice that had "Cold" put the two over top of eacholther. How about Coldstream? I'm thinking it was the dealer name. I found a website that is complying a list of old nash dealers. I'm sure that's it.

Anyone live in Coldstream and know where the Nash dealer was?

8. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

did you say sportster? Nash is gooder.
    sweeeeeet.