Register now to get rid of these ads!

Driving to KKOA show From Sac Ca (With pictures)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blue collar guy, Jul 16, 2010.

1. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

So I have been planing to go to the KKOA show for about two weeks. Just like me I waited to the last second to get my plane ticket. It went up over $200 in the last week to over $650. And I hate planes anyway.

I so called my friend Phill this morning to see if he wanted to drive to Kansas with me in my 50 chevy. Always down for a road trip Phill said yes. My goal is to meet up with a few more cars along the way. We are planning to leave Reno Tuesday morning and get to Salt Lake City that night. Wednesday leave Salt Lake City and drive to Denver. Thursday go from Denver and go to Mcphail's shop in Kansas that night and meet up with some more cars and drive up to Salina with them.

Let me know if anybody is down to drive part of the way togther.

also I need a couple parts to cut down on the rattels on my car. If any body around Sac has a good driver door stiker or hood springs for my 50 Chevy. let me know Thanks Scott

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  2. JOHNNYSCAT

JOHNNYSCAT
    from Kansas

cool man, glad you decided to come. Have a safe drive see you in salina

3. HRod 50

HRod 50

Thats awesome.. IN a 1950 Pick Up, brutal.. You Sir, are my hero..

4. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

It's a choped 50 chevy coupe. But thanks

Attached Files:

5. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

Kool scott, see you here. Jeff

6. #### You will have more fun driving instead of flying !! And I promise you'll have way cool stories to tell about your trip !!! >>>>.

7. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

We will be leaving from Denver on Thursday morn...usually about 6 AM cuz none of us have A/C in the car (once past Goodland, KS, it gets warmish ...and we usually meet some Lonely Knights, or others, in Limon, CO, 80 miles east of Denver...

Shoot me a PM and I'll give you my phone number, you can call me when you get into Denver.

R-

8. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

--- You will see a bunch of customs going to Salina from Denver and Colorado Springs.Make sure you stop at the huge OAISIS truck stop on I-70 at Colby Kansas.It is a great place to rest up,good food ,Air conditioning and you will most likely hook up with other cars there going to Salina.We are leaving Denver around 7:eek:o Am.Let me know when you plan on heading out, maybe we can hook up.

9. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

Sounds good. We have no AC also. How hot is it going to be out there? It has to be cooler than Sac it's been over 100 here. I will Pm both you guys my number also. Thanks see you guys on the road. Scott

10. BCR

BCR

Temp can be anywhere from 85 to 105. Humidity ain't too bad in Salina usually.

I'm in Ellis Ks if any of you guys break down(hopefully you won't)

I am heading down Friday morning.

11. McPhail

McPhail

hey scott, I thought your car only drove on and off a trailer..........

12. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

OUCH! I hope you guys are friends,LOL.

13. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

Ouch. But I all ready drove that thing to four shows in So Cal this year. Thats why it still looks the same since Pomona. Because I have not wanted to pull it off the road to finish it. So no side glass or rear wheel wells and I'm driving to Kansas. See you there

14. wizzard23

wizzard23

Blue Collar, you are a Hell of a man! see ya in Salina!:cool:

15. See you down there good luck on the drive!

16. doctorZ

doctorZ

good luck, scott! going with phill from up the hill?

17. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

He is Phill from over the hill now he bought a place in Reno. But yes

18. beatnik shoe

beatnik shoe
    from new jersey

hey brohamb,
    im leavin jersey monday night to make kansas by wends night. if al goes well that is. Drivin my 38 out to see the progress jeff is makin on my chevy. Cant wait to hang with all the purple gang, i think we are gonna see ALOT of purple in kansas this weekend. Im on the road to koolsvile daddio.FBBF Shoe

19. dmackustom

dmackustom
    from wichita ks

Good luck Holmez, hope it is a great trip! Whose coming with you Shoe? See you S.O.Bs in a few days. Weather will be close to horrible. It usally is

20. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

That means between the both of us we are almost driving across the whole country. We are leaving Monday also. Thats Kool see you there. Scott

21. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Man... You guys are lucky. I live in Kansas but my parents dont want to go because its a 4 hour drive and something might happen to one of the rides.... And heck. Look at what you are driving blue collar. (Not saying its a bad car!) Dang. This looks like a wicked carshow..

22. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

Just got done with doing a bolt check and changing my oil. I'm glad I did one of my front shock mounts had ripped off. It must have happened coming back from Alex's show last week end. Also I want to thank Bryan Rusk for hooking me up with some hood springs and loaning me the door stiker off his car until I get back. It cut the rattels down so much, it's like a new car.

23. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Verbal Kint and I will be leaving from Montana on Thursday evening. Should hook up with some one along the way.

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yep, I'd be down for traveling together....how about Wichita to Salina.;):D

You gonna where your nametag so he knows its you???:p

Who you trying to kid??? Two years ago Salina had the worst humidity I've ever experienced, ever.:eek:

You got that right sweetie, I'll see ya there. Travel safe.:cool:

25. BCR

BCR

Who you trying to kid??? Two years ago Salina had the worst humidity I've ever experienced, ever.

I said usually, not always!

26. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

Hey BlueCollar, Hope your trip is as smooth as a California Kustom. Awesome that you and a buddy are driving out. The airplane thing wouldn't have worked out anyway. Don't you know we are "fly over country" around here? The airplanes just leave contrails as they go coast to coast.

See you in Salina! I'm in a red/white 54. I also second your props to Bryan Rusk. He helped me out several years ago over on ChevyTalk.com with some small, but needed, parts.

Bill

27. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Hell drive a daily driver if you have to, just make it up here! And from Ark City it's barely over 2 hours away! Drive up 77 to 54, shoot over to old 81 highway and head north!

28. studhud

studhud

Last year wasnt that bad It was my first time I had imagined it being worse. This year will probably be nasty?

Thats a good one Holmes! Cya at the shop arent we going to see some real country wed nite in Witchita?

Dave Hitch

29. blue collar guy

blue collar guy

30. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Thanks man. Ill tell my p[arents