Register now to get rid of these ads!

Advice on some trim pieces

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fleetmaster, Jul 12, 2010.

1. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

so I know it's been a while since I've posted on here...but as always..I've come back with a question. I've got all the trim pieces for my 47 Chevy Coupe, but the trouble is, I don't have any of the clips to attach them, specifically for the belt line trim and the trim around the side windows. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a vendor or company that would have what I was looking for? I've done some searching on my own but I have come up empty handed. Any help would be great. Thanks!

2. F&J

F&J

Take a look on web for Auveco. I think that's the spelling. They made the clips for most cars since...... forever

3. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

okay great. i just put a call in and am waiting to hear back. thanks!

4. Fleetmaster do you have a Wesco over there? They may have what you need or can point you in the right direction for something local.

5. Tinbasher

Tinbasher

Here's some tries!! Restoration Specialties.com 814-467-9842 PA.
    Steel Craft Canada 905-838-3513 (Clips since 1961)

I've gone further to get the bits!!

The Old Tinbasher

6. fleetmaster

fleetmaster

sammamishsam, the only wesco we've got here is an industrial manufacturing distributor..is that the one you are talking about? and thanks for the numbers Tinbasher! I had already tried restoration specialties and came up empty. they needed some of the original clips to match and the trouble is, i don't have the original clips or even know for sure what they look like. I'll give steel craft a call though.

7. Milhouse

Milhouse
    from RI

8. Milhouse

Milhouse
    from RI

9. tecolote14

tecolote14

10. That's a Hell of a guarantee right there. I about pissed my pants when I read that!

11. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

One of my "go to" resources is Rick's Automotive Hardware. He's not the biggest,but you'll get honest service and a killer deal.
    Bookmark this for future reference: http://automotive-hardware.com/index.php