Register now to get rid of these ads!

Small cars of the past

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CarCrazedDoss, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Chuck R

Chuck R

Here's the money shot of the Isetta.
    [​IMG]

2. Chuck R

Chuck R

I love the sound of the GT 6.
    Great looking car. Excellent resto.
    Chuck

3. Chuck R

Chuck R

How about a 67 Mini Moke
    [​IMG]

4. Chuck R

Chuck R

If your planning on some pizza for dinner you might want to arrive in this .
    [​IMG]

5. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Don't forget the Berkeley. Not a big seller in the U.S. but a few have survived. If you were to find one, rust wouldn't be a issue as they were all fiberglass construction . M/C powered FWD.

Attached Files:

6. I just scored a bunch of 50s and 60s Hot Rod Mags................GM was REALLY pushing the Corvair, Tempest,F85 etc when they first came out! I think it is a 61 issue that has 4 or 5 pages of advertising with the Tempest, glossy! The rest of the mag is still newsprint!

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Around here Crosleys were being horded or collected in the early 60's and you very seldom saw one on the road around here except the one wagon that someone locally drove for years until either it or they died.
    Nash Metropolitans were sold by Nash but were made in UK. I had a 55 ragtop that we had a blast with when I was in high school. My buddys loved it because we could kick in .50 each and cruise all night in it. There are plenty of them around but they aren't cheap anymore.

8. JackdaRabbit

JackdaRabbit
    from WNC

Late 50's thru mid 60's Volvos have a good look in a downsized package.

Attached Files:

9. Ralph

Ralph

Two old ladies living next door to me had near identical 1965 "Ford" Anglias. One yellow, one green, I think. Both fit in their one car garage.

Attached Files:

10. ken bogren

ken bogren

The 1950 - 1959 Nash Rambler/AMC Rambler American might fit the bill.

Attached Files:

11. a bloke

a bloke

Here's one that is more like a motorised jacket - a Messerschmitt bubblecar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Hotrodtoms

Hotrodtoms

My small car in progress ...

[​IMG]

13. Speaking of Crosley's..this was taken at Maxton ECTA meet in May '10...This car set several records ...one was 78+ MPH...not too shabby considering how few cubic inches...and...running the original 5.17 rear gear (according to the owner . Thats him on the right..his name is Freshley & has a ton of Crosley's)

Stan

Attached Files:

14. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

Crosley Hot Shot
    [​IMG]

15. 21tat

21tat

Small cars rule!

16. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

How about theese, had them saved on my pics from a while back.

Buzz Bomb

Attached Files:

17. <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dJfSS0ZXYdo&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dJfSS0ZXYdo&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

18. Here's a small car.........you'd not know if you were coming or going.:D

[​IMG]

You could even get a small boat to pull behind your small vehicle in
    the 50s......a King Midget, I think.

[​IMG]

Lots of small cars, mainly European, at the Lane Auto Museum in
    Nashville, TN.

[​IMG]

19. I guess you don't know about Crosleys, then??? At one time, they made more station wagons than any other US automaker.

20. Metropolitans were built by Austin in England exclusively for the newly-merged Hudson and Nash, sold as Nash and Hudson Metropolitans from 1954 through 1957, then as a stand-alone Metropolitan nameplate from 1958 through 1962 at AMC dealers. A 1958-newer Met is NOT a Nash Met, BTW...just a Metropolitan.

Sold in the US and Canada, designed by an American, but all were built in England. Over 102,000 built between May 1954 and January 1960. Leftover 1960 inventory were sold as '61 and '62 models.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  21. DE79

DE79
    from Austin,Tx

If you want a small car then go for a 122 Volvo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

I always thought that Hudson Jets were cool. Kinda like a little '52 Ford.

Attached Files:

23. Beach Bum

Beach Bum

One advantage of small cars is that they don't take up much space in the garage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. "One advantage of small cars is that they don't take up much space in the garage."

You can say that again...:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

25. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Yo Beach Bum,
    I'm a big fan of TR 2s and 3s and it's cool to see yours...but I don't recognise the car on the bottom. What is it?

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

rottenpop - Thank you sir! That is one of my favorite Top Gear bits ever!!! Doesn't matter how many times I see it I end up laughing so hard I cry a little... I miss BBC America and Monday nights are not the same around my house... Gentlemen, An O/T word to the wise - never let your female control the cable bill... Mine decided it was too much, and now I have two channels I watch, and about 200 i don't! Funny, seems she can still see "Housewives of New York City" though...

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya but just like VWs, they seem to multiply!

28. This is my 57 Lloyd, made by the german Borgward company. Has a 79 inch wheelbase.....a 301 chevy will make this car scream

Attached Files:

29. imnezrider

imnezrider

1969 Javalin

Attached Files:

• jav.jpg
      jav.jpg
      File size:
      63.6 KB
      Views:
  30. Saw these two Vespas at the World Of Wheels show at Indy a couple years ago. I think they fell off of somebody's charm bracelet. (Had to say that since the "motorized jacket" comment had already been used.) :rolleyes:

Click the thumbnails to see them at ACTUAL SIZE! :eek:

IMG_5095.JPG

IMG_5097.JPG