Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 23rd ANNUAL GUNNISON COLORADO CAR SHOW

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fivewindow Johnnie, Feb 18, 2010.

1. axle

axle
    from Drag City

I second that

2. 1931av8

1931av8

I would also vote in favor of that motion. Can't think of anything better for the "day after". Some of you may look a little worse from the libations at Johnnie and Laura's party the night before. But a good breakfast might make you road worthy again.
    Speaking for myself...might have a hankering for a grilled cheese sandwich....:D

3. M.Edell

M.Edell

LOL...Sunday morning The RevTones are headin back to the Bay area.My wife will be super preganant and she wants me home ASAP.

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Hmmmmmmm...does that mean she'll get pregnant in Gunnison, cuz of Johnnie's libations...or...naw, I'd better not say anything more...!!!

R-

5. axle

axle
    from Drag City

I shouldn't laugh but i can't help it. That was funny

6. I suppose we can contact the W and see what they say......OR.......we could all sign up and go on the Breakfast Crusie to Crested Butte. I've never been, can't imagine why ???????? It's a gorgeous ride up the valley, even with a pounding headache !

Well boys, would you like to man-up for that one ?

Johnnie.

7. M.Edell

M.Edell

Axle my wife said its your baby!

8. DAMN, possibility of Dumb AND Ugly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. I mean this sumbitch is homely..............

Attached Files:

10. Happy Fourth of July boys !!

11. Studely

Studely
    from Pueblo, CO

Happy Belated Independence Day to you, too! For what it's worth, Lindsay and I are all for the Crested Butte breakfast run... Hangover? What's that? Man I don't miss those days at all...

12. M.Edell

M.Edell

Hell Im Forest gump...people call me Forest Gump..:rolleyes:

13. Scott,

Yeah, or we could go shoot Skeet over at the Gun Club Sunday morning. That's where I'm going tomorrow morning.

Johnnie.

14. crossroads

crossroads

Gonna check this show out as we're passing through town.

15. M.Edell

M.Edell

Its comin up fast!! I know I cant wait to perform for you all!! Gonna be a Party!

16. Plan on spending some time, rather than a hit & run. You're gonna like it !

Johnnie.

17. Studely

Studely
    from Pueblo, CO

Greetings from Thompson, North Dakota! The Gunnison car show is definitely worth your time if you can find a way to spend at least the afternoon there! Like several worthwhile car shows I've been to in the last four or five years, this one just keeps getting better! Not only is the car show an excellent time, but Gunnison's a cool little burg worth prowling around a little, and Casa de Walkers is truly the icing on the cake. By the way, Johnny, I've included a link to this old cartoon that was totally made for you, only before you were born! See you soon!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v<WBR></WBR>=-rnjXdj9-LI

18. Studely

Studely
    from Pueblo, CO

Man, THAT sure sounds like a blast! Let's do it!

19. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

Hey Johnnie,
    I met a few people in Salina who are coming to Gunnison. They heard about it on the Hamb. Getting close, cant wait!!!!

Big Rich

20. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Turn Right and head east to the HAMB Drags or turn Left and head to Gunnison??? Lets see 72 degrees and dry in Gunnison or 97 degrees and feels like you are wearing a wet blanket................Hmmm?

Besides I should hang out with my buddy Axle, it has been at least two weeks since I have seen him.

Johnie,

Need a real deal vintage '56 chevy gasser barn find for your Race car display? I could bring up the "Rug Rat"

Tex

21. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

After all that heat and humidity in Salina, I am really looking forward to the nice Colorado weather in Gunnison. Hope to see all the Knights at our western slope headquarters. (the Walker's house)

Big Rich

22. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

Not sure if I'll make it, but its still a great show!

23. Tex,

Bring it, we'd love to see it !

The display this year has turned into a Corvette thing, which is cool. The Lee Iaccoca award is being presented to Wil Cooksey, who was involved with the Vette plant in Bowling Green for many years. He's doing a workshop on Corvettes so we're giving him some examples to work with.

Hope to see you there.

Johnnie.

24. Rich,

If they're coming, I need to know so put them in touch with me........JW.

WTF ? You've been hidin' long enough..........get your ass to Gunnison !

Johnnie.

25. THE SHOW IS THREE WEEKS FROM TODAY ! !

If anybody has thoughts of hitting the Lonely Knights after party, I have to know this weekend. Have to tell the Caterer Monday how many people.

Get you Hotel rooms too, if there are any at this point.

See everybody in Three weeks.

Johnnie

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  26. I've got a lot of work to do to the Edselero after the whole Salina experience, but I'll be there even if I have to drive something else!

27. 1931av8

1931av8

Curt - heard that you had to do a little work on it in Salina. Not as easy wrenching in a parking lot as it is in your own garage. Especially when it is about 100* on that asphalt.

I have faith that you will be able to pull it off.

Here is where I stand as of this morning:

[​IMG]

:eek: Needless to say, I may have a little more work than you have remaining to be mobile in Gunnison. Stay tuned!!

Tom

28. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Aww hell Tom, that looks like only a days work...!!! You've got three weeks...

R-

29. 1931av8

1931av8

Yea...for a pro like you. I am but a rank amateur! Took me my entire lunch hour to refab my alternator mount for the third time. Actually my lunch "hour" plus 20 minutes! :cool:

30. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Wait...an "alternator" is not trad...lunch is tho...

R-