Register now to get rid of these ads!

sarasota sven

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by mosquito13, Sep 12, 2009.

1. mosquito13

mosquito13
    from sarasota

howdy hi, just took the plunge into 4 wheels. bought a 1947 dodge straight 6 . pretty complete and a bunch of reciets for work done. i dont know nuthing about the car or restoring/build cars. i have been restoring and building 70's motor cycles 4 and two stroke for over thirty years. so not going in totally blind but know i will need alot of advise to do this car right. its totally stock and complete so dont think i got it in me to mod the car beyond paint and interior. 62 years old and the radio even still works! my plan is brakes first. after that i will be calling on those more in the skinny to point me in the right direction. hope tags are meaning pics if not feel free to let me know and i will delete. <a href="http://s543.photobucket.com/albums/gg454/sdynna/?action=view&current=47dodge006.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> <a href="http://s543.photobucket.com/albums/gg454/sdynna/?action=view&current=47dodge004.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> <a href="http://s543.photobucket.com/albums/gg454/sdynna/?action=view&current=47dodge004.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    i do a rockabilly show on our comunity radio station wslr on mondays 3-5pm eastern its streamed live on www.shoutcast.com do a search for wslr under staions, show name is hot rod rock radio with sven and stella

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. wristpin

wristpin

cool ride, i noticed in that rear door shot that it dosen't have suicide doors. is it a D24 model? i have same type dodge ie. grille, dash, bumpers, but mine has suicide rear doors. as far as brakes i went and rebuilt wheel cyls. front has 2 pr. side one for front shoe and one for back shoe, make sure the flex lines are in good shape, if in question then replace. as far as master cyl. up date w/ new. i went w/ one from a 75 chevy and modified bracket so that it still remaines under floor where original was.
    looks good and works better. i redid drive line so have many old stock parts. let me know, would rather have them be reused than junk them.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    beutify America, restore something!

3. mosquito13

mosquito13
    from sarasota

thanks wrist pin for the suggestion to update the master . i bled the brakes this weekend and it help a great deal but i still want more stop'in. all lines look new and it looks like s/s pipe was used . need to go through the receipts again and see if the slaves were done in 04. the previous owner paid for a bunch of work in 04 then died . car sat in garage till now . got a spare set of keys made so just waiting on the shop manual and after a couple reads the questions will flow i am sure.

4. mosquito13

mosquito13
    from sarasota

ok that was a fun car . sold it and got another dodge. 1964 440 318 poly .

Attached Files: