Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Well the New 235 is Almost Ready to Drop (pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dimebag, Jul 4, 2010.

1. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

Well it's been a lot of work and sweat and thrown tools...but it's just about ready to drop in!! I am figuring 2 weeks from today (July 18) if anybody in the Joliet area is willing to help please let me know!! Sorry for the quality of the pics, they are cell phone as my nice camera is in the shop for God only knows how many more weeks!! Thanks again for all the help and the kind words, without you guys I would still be lost!!!

Attached Files:

2. hotdamn

hotdamn

looks killer!!

I can tell you when I put my 235 in my 54 it is a hella lot easier with
    A: hood off
    and
    B:go to harbor freight and get one of those fancy engine leveler thingies...

also as much as it makes it easier with the hood off, if you still have the springs on yours just go ahead and leave it on.

it is probably waaay harder to get those springs back on than to set the engine in with the hood on.

the leveler will help you keep the engine from wanting to dump on its side.

oh yeah one other thing,

I personally found it to be rather difficult to put everything in with the intake on...

food for thought...

3. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

Hood springs are still intact and we pulled the motor with the hood on, and found out that it's a nightmare to put them back on. As far as the intake is concerned I am going to try and leave it intact, 'cause as you all know these things are a pain in the ass to put on with the motor outside of the car....and damn near impossible once in the car!!! Thanks for the kind words!!!

4. Loooking goood dude.... X2 about the leveler.

I can say from experience, after you take those manifolds on and off about 17 times while its under the hoood...... It actually becomes a piece a cake!

5. Gabriel Howard

Gabriel Howard
    from OKC
    1. Okie Hambers

6. GhostMN

GhostMN

Looking real good.

7. if you check out www.chevytalk.com you will find easy to make tool for hood spring removal.

8. markjenks

markjenks

I'm getting ready in the next week or so to put the 235 back into the '53. I left just about everything off externally, since it will be easier to get it into place. Intake/exhaust are off and will go on when it's inside, as well as all of the linkage and the starter.

9. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

thats a beautiful engine , keep up the good work

10. Ace50coupe

Ace50coupe
    from Indiana

11. robleticia

robleticia

you got that damn thing runnig yet?? HAHA! Looks great!

12. I'd leave the engine on the stand and charge people $5 a head to see it, you'll get all your $$ back in no time.

Bob

13. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

I wish somebody had told me that before I put that damn thing in....but the good news is it should get started in the next day or 2!!!! I freakin hope.

14. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool, dimebag. Hey...did you get your shifter working properly?

15. chaddilac

chaddilac

Nice .10bag!!!! :D

16. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

Sadly no the shifter is better but still binding, but my Dad and I have been brainstorming some ideas about making it perfect. That and a couple other odds and ends and it will be back on the road.