Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats a guy to say ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kdtjb, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

tell him youre tired of walking everywhere! haha

2. LUMBERJACK 50

LUMBERJACK 50
    BANNED
    from upland ca.

put'n a sbc in your old ford is the easy way out for the less skilled among us.....

3. i agree. rebuilding the stock drivetrain requires much more skill than a full drivetrain swap. hmmmm.......

4. skoh73

skoh73

Don't matter what it is...it's YOUR CAR!!! they can go to hell!

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I think people only bitch about someones Chevy in a Ford on the interweb.

6. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

takes more skill to rebuild an engine that already FITS in the car??? how about fabricating the mounts to fit the chevy engine?

7. LUMBERJACK 50

LUMBERJACK 50
    BANNED
    from upland ca.

child's play.....and you missed the point..

8. uncle buck

uncle buck

I just tell em my daily drivers are all Fords and I put a lot of miles on em and that makes a lot of dirty oil. With the 2 chevy's in my fleet I have someplace to burn that dirty oil.

9. fergusonic

fergusonic
    from Kokomo, In

I tell 'em " have a nice day". or " do you like my door handles"?

10. How about "Pull beside, and I'll SHOW you why"...

11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I personally dont say a thing but in my mind I am thinking what a cheap ass moron that cant think outside the box and has to be like everyone else,if I am doing a participant judging show any non chevy with a sbc wont get my vote. I will put money on that most who complains that someone is bitching about the sbc in their car will be the first one to complain if a chevy with a non chevy motor shows up and probably will be a bigger jackass about it then the one they are complaining about.

12. Ask them what motor they have in their rod. Expect a story about about their friend's car... People who say crap like that don't own a rod.

13. Ask them for their phone number. When they ask why, say "so I can call you instead of my mommy for advice".

or

Act surprised and say "the guy I bought the engine from said it was a Ford".

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bingo! we have a winner. I always wonder if the guys on here or who show up and give guys a ration of crap about their cars or choices of engines even have cars outside of the rice burners or Tarus they have sitting in the parking lot.

15. frankly, i think there are way too many sbc's out there, even though i know the reasons why. i would have told the guy, thanxs for your opinion and when you get YOUR CAR, you can put whatever you want in it.

16. kdtjb

kdtjb
    from Idaho

I think what you are saying is there are those that go to the buffalo and then there are those that talk of going, and the guys that make remarks like that are more than likely the ones that talk of going to the buffalo there whole lives, but never do, right?

17. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

And then it would go from bad to worse as you would quickly lose some teeth, do a little bleeding and falling down and then lie there without moving :D

18. Tell him to please refer to it as the GOAT. A why with a dumb look on their face will result. Next explain that means it is the Greatest Of All Time because the SBC has won every concievable motorsports championship known to man. And for 55 years the SBC in countless configurations has kept its winning tradition. (Proof is at the local drag strips and roundy-roundtracks) That is why it is your POWERplant of choice : )

Dumping on the SBC is fine, but the only rational that isn't complete BS is they are everywhere. (SO what, so are people with opinions like the guy in question) SMC's bulletproof reliability and typical GM interchangability benefits make/made it a wise early traditional swap since 1956 or so.

19. Thumper

Thumper

I just laff at the fucktards....:D and tell them......ok next time I'll use YOUR money.

20. ...is there such a thing as positive shit?

21. Piewagn

Piewagn

Yeah........when you've been constipated for about a week!!!

23. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

Tell them, that there wife don't think it's small.

24. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Just tell them the truth, that your'e not happy with it either and that your'e building a Desoto Hemi or an Ardun Headed Flatty as funds come along.

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

A little O/T but - I have the opposite problem. I was dumb enough to build and stick a small block Chrysler in my '48 Plymouth... A healthy one at that... Now IF I pop the hood at a cruise or show, I have a crowd of weird Chrysler people that want to be my friend for life! Uck, get away!!!

26. selohssa

selohssa

I love this thread. Guys are always saying that hot rodding is a personal expression of their automotive desires. A lot of the "rodders" that complain about the sbc vs others are also the same people that would say the same type of remark if you were to comment about their choice of color, acssesories, upholstery, wheels, or body mods. I just painted a model A for a customer in a color that was very controversial. People in the shop asked me what I thought of the color and my reply was that it is not my car, so my opinion is irrelivant. If the owner likes it then that is all that matters.

As for the comments about a sbc being the easy way out, the sbc in my 57 Ranchero was a very complicated swap being that it was done in the early 60's prior to the Chevy 2 parts being available.

If we all did things to make other people happy, this would not be much of a lifestyle at all. I may not use any of the remarks in this thread but I sure am getting a chuckle out of them. Keep them coming.

27. 33_chevy

33_chevy
    from TX

now that's funny right there, i don't care who you are.

28. 33_chevy

33_chevy
    from TX

Tell them i didn't stick this sbc in it,i built the car around it..

29. "It's NOT a Ford coupe, dumbass. It's a HIGHLY modified Camaro...bet you couldn't even tell!" :D

30. cigarcaptain

cigarcaptain

I telL em it's a HOTROD not a LAWNMOWER !!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.