Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where to buy ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chucksdart, Jul 1, 2010.

1. chucksdart

chucksdart
    from Mo.

Window channel felt ? Any dealers on the HAMB ? I found one place on the web , restoration specialties , but $110 per 96" piece :eek: seems a bit too rich for my blood . My channel is 5/8" wide and 3/8" deep . Any home made solutions ? Ain't building a show car , just need my windows to work . Thanks .

2. ajwhiskey51

ajwhiskey51

What kind of car is it for?

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Kits are available for most Chevrolet and Ford cars and pickups from the 30s-60s.

4. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

JC Whitney. Seriously, they have about any size you need and it is good stuff. Give em a shot.

-Abone.

5. chucksdart

chucksdart
    from Mo.

It's for a 1926 Essex 3 window coupe that the doors/window channels no longer resemble anything close to original . I'll check with JC Whitney . I forgot all about them . Thanks

6. chucksdart

chucksdart
    from Mo.

JC Whitney said they don't have it but they'll check around .For now I'm still looking unless or until they come through . I'm sure this size channel was used on many others but the hard part is figuring out whuch ones .

7. falfas55

falfas55

Check out a place called C.R.Lawrence Co.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  8. Anderson

Anderson

9. chucksdart

chucksdart
    from Mo.

Thanks guys . Sach's and CR Lawrence both have exactly what I need . Sach's actually sells the CR Lawrence stuff . I knew I would get the info on here . Sach's wants $30 per 96" piece and CR Lawrence wants only $6.50 for the same item :eek:. BUT , CR Lawrence only sells wholesale , which I understand . So either way , I get the parts I need at a 1/3 of the price of what I found . Thanks again guys .