Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Hospital Stay for Wifie & Bambino

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Salty, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Ob1

Ob1

More prayers for that lil strawberry blonde...

2. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

we will keep your family in our prayers.

3. Man, my thoughts and prayers go out to you. I just stumbled on this thread. My youngest was born premature. My wife spent 4 weeks in the hospital. We toured the neo-natal ward, preparing for the worst. I know how tough this is. My daughter is now 8 years old, and one of the tallest in her class. I hope one day you will look back in amazement at how far your daughter has come. My daughter? Her name is Emma too!

4. Emma, what a beautiful name for your little girl. Prayers and best wishes your way. Nothing beats the joy of your children. Mine are getting older and I can't wait for the grandkids to come along to spoil.

God Bless

5. chaddilac

chaddilac

sent on up.... :)

6. Good happy and healthy thoughts for your family Iam sure little Emma is a fighter.
    The support is always here if you need it. Rob

7. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I'm keeping the thoughts going out to your little one (you guys too) - hope all improves soon .

8. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

God bless your daughter, wife, and you. I was born at 25 weeks in March of 1950 at 4.3 pounds. I recently turned 60, things have progressed somewhat since then. I am sure you will all prosper. It is a very good time of life, enjoy.

9. fbama73

fbama73

Prayers sent. Keep us posted when you can.

10. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

I have four babies and one on the way. The hardest thing I have done in my life was to watch my first spend time in neo-natal due to suspected heart issues. Prayers go out for your little girl and parents too!

11. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Sorry to hear. Hope she is on the way to getting back in the right direction. Wishing all of you the best.

12. seriouslybaby

seriouslybaby
    from small town

being a momma of three babies i cannot imagine what you guys must be going thru. we will continue to add prayers to you & your family. we'll pray that peace & comfort come to you guys & healing for Miss Emma. Dynamite comes in small packages & i'm sure this little package of yours will be well in no time!! keep us posted!

13. Kerry67

Kerry67

Hoping everything works out which I am sure it will. Just think, in a year from now she'll be running around tearing up your stuff !

14. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Just had a baby girl last monday and everything went great. The last one was a nightmare with weeks in the NICU. Everyone ends up great. It's amazing what they can do now. Prayers to you and your family.

15. davis574ord

davis574ord

god bless you and your family, hopefully everything comes out allright keep us posted, and let us know if need any help!

16. Any updates? I hope all is well.

17. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Hope all is well and thinking about your girl dude.

Had some rough stuff with my little girl who is 10 now when she was born, so I understand the fear and stress. Hang tuff, I am pulling for you guys.

18. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Scince you asked for the update, I'm back on the nightshift pulling watch on baby Emma....

She had a good day today, her color is looking lots better, the blood tests came back and the infection is slightly reduced and the x-ray came back that said that while she has a spot of bowl in her left lower quadrant that is in trouble it looks less in trouble than it did a short while ago.

first bit of good news in two long days, she is very stable and hasn't made much gain to the good however we will take what she gives us....

she is still on the vent and sedated but at least she made a little progress today.

Thanks all, she's got a ton of folks pullin for her and has quite the little following in the NICU....

I'll be here all night....heck I shoulda brought a memory stick so I coulda updated the build thread on the 49 (though I've gotten absolutly nothing done on it scince she's been born....it's taken a severe backseat to the cutie in the hospital.)

Eh, it aint eating nothing, it'll get it's turn.

I just want my spitfire baby back....

19. r8odecay

r8odecay

Thoughts and Prayers my friend.

20. pdq67

pdq67

I really have a problem reading your thread b/c of the problems we had w/ #1 Son way back then.

All I'm going to say AND I mean this with ALL love and hope is to get down on your knees and PRAY!

Pray like!!

"Father God, I pray that you will send the Holy Spirit to heal and to comfort us in our hour of need, in JC's name I pray!!"

and I have been comforted MANY times.

It seem's as tho every time I get stop doing this somebody in our family get's in trouble!

We have the power b/c of the Son of Man to turn back Satan head on!! All we have to do is DO IT by commanding Satan to get OUT of our LIVE's!!!!!!!!!!

And believe in GOD......

Been there, done it so know b/c I'm alive today.

Hokey as all get-out, but it work's for me.........

pdq67

21. thoughts with you and yours...have our/my own premie great niece...she's a fighter and doing well...up to five years now after being born five months early...hang in there!!!

22. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Hadda little bit of time in between of goin back to work and dealing with hospital visitation.

Emma is doing much better, her vent was removed and she is breathing on her own, her coloring has improved and she is now realizing that she's hungry and is getting straight pissed off that we are not feeding her. (IV fluids only right now) Therefore her little attitude has shown back up...

I for one love that little attitude and am very thankful she is back to keeping the staff on their toes (and not cause she's sick)

She aint outta the woods yet however she is on the road to recovery thanks to all the thoughts and prayers from everyone not only in HAMB land but the NICU staff, my friends, family and workplace.

It coulda gone alot differently....and very thankfull that it went as well as it did.

Anyway, as I promised, here some photos of babino these were taken about 18 hours after she was born. Dont pay any mind to the ugly dude in black....least she didnt take after me in the looks department.

Attached Files:

23. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Good to hear man.

Keep on keeping on man...best of luck to you guys!

24. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Great to hear that she's doing better - she's a cutie !

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Glad to hear it!!! Best wishes!!

26. What a doll......prayers from So. Cal.....

27. Daddies little girl , and I would bet she already has you around her little finger. But isn't that the way life goes , and judging from the smiles you are just where she wants you...deep in your hearts. Be well and happy, Rob.

28. groove

groove
    from kelowna BC

Salty, I was in your shoes 5 years ago and know what you are feeling. One day soon your going to take that little girl home and again, nothing else will matter. So happy she is doing better. Thoughts and prayers.

G

29. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

that little bambino is already hitting shots outta the park. best of luck to you and yours. my daughter is a handful and my son is a real dream lol

30. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Good news and hope for much more down the road. Best wishes all the way. Hope you get to take her home safe and sound before too long.