Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rat Fink Skate Board

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OLIVER BROS GARAGE, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Just looking to get a little info on the vintage Rat Fink skateboard. Looks to be maybe from the 60's, has clay wheels it looks like. This is NOT for sale so do not ask!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. delaware george

delaware george
    from camden, de

late sixties early seventies....not familiar with this particular board,but could probably date it by seeing the trucks and wheels.
    george

3. I can tell you,it's NOT ROTH related. Don't know where or who made it.

4. Will this help?

[​IMG]
    and a shot of the makers logo?
    [​IMG]

5. delaware george

delaware george
    from camden, de

i'm gonna say seventies...i don't believe that nash has been around quite that long...they were known for being kind of a rip off of graphics and such in the early eighties...not a generic,but not a pro board,if that makes sense.

6. ChekrdPast

ChekrdPast

I remember having a NASH skateboard when I was a teenager. It was classic 80's Neon. (I think I got it at Caldor for you East Coasters). I didn't know much about how long they'd been in business so I did some research and they seem to have been around since the early 60's and made what they called "sidewalk surfboards". Here is a link to a Wikipedia post where someone (I don't know how reliable) puts a value on an early 60's nash board. Hold onto your britches. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_value_of_a_1963_Nash_Sidewalk_Surfer_skateboard

7. 61TBird

61TBird

Try earlier...:D
    It looks like a Mid-60's board.
    How do I know?
    Here's a pic of my Roller Derby Board from around '66-'67
    Notice the similarities???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The "Rat Fink" 'board is a really Cool find!
    Hang it on the wall and be careful....It's going to "lonely" if it's the only one you have.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  8. ChekrdPast

ChekrdPast

I thought that price seemed a little out there too . A man can dream though. I'm thinking early sixties too from what I read. Regardless, definetely a cool thing to have on the wall.

9. They still make Nash boards today. I remember that was my first board in the '90's.

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Nash has always been cheap rip off stuff. That one looks to be mid 60's. Very cool though.

11. k-member

k-member

Nice, I have a roller derby board and well a rat fink, a Holley-hi-tail aluminum board and an old fiberglass excaliber board that I will still ride once in a while. Gotta love the old boards.

12. DOUBLEZO

DOUBLEZO
    from SACramento

its a 60's nash board. nash made a lot of boards. [​IMG]

13. DOUBLEZO

DOUBLEZO
    from SACramento

and just because, check these out. tuk'n'roller, not nash. made by ray brown automotive. [​IMG]

14. freebird101

freebird101

those are awesome

15. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I'm so old my first skate board had steel wheels. Who remembers those?
    My parents tried to kill me with that thing, I'm convinced. Actually the danger started when I got one with "gum/clay" wheels. Then I could really fly.

16. yblock292

yblock292

Steel wheels!First skate board i made i stold my sisters roller skates and used them!

17. Jax2A

Jax2A

Those "Tuck-n-Rollers" are bitchin'! I want one.

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

Is it for sale?

19. erlomd

erlomd

nice board...I remember nash being a shitty quality board though...and not very highly sought after...but nice regardless

20. thebugbox

thebugbox

Looking at the way the word is written, it almost looks like they wanted it to say Frat Fink...

I had a Nash in the 80's, as it was all I could afford. They were prepackaged, mass produced boards (even had crappy glued on sand, not grip tape), that were 'not cool' in the skating crowd that could afford the build-yer-own boards.

I don't know what the 60's boards go for, but maybe you can find a matching Valtera to go with it... ;)

21. Labold

Labold

These photos are awesome. I thought I was the only sicko with a fetish for old skateboards.

22. erlomd

erlomd

i know what you mean....I have a small collection of 80's powell peralta boards.
    love them!

23. chopdtop

chopdtop

I've still got an old NASH skateboard with steel wheels.:D

Attached Files:

24. delaware george

delaware george
    from camden, de

the wheels made me wanna say seventies,but i stand corrected...my sixties boards mostly have steel wheels.

25. Labold

Labold

That's what I like too, mainly cause that's what I rode back when the pavement seemed to feel softer.

26. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

it's a 60's board contact dave at skateboardcollector.com he'll have a good idea of value

27. sololobo

sololobo

Way cool!! Dig the old Nash boards, I have sold a few of those to my Japanese vintage clothing customers, they love'em. ~Sololobo~

28. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

..man those things are the cat's pajamas !

I find it interesting that Ray Brown who made his name selling "Impact" safety belts was peddling fractured skull inducing skate boards out the back door....:rolleyes:

29. no!