Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof NW show coverage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boones, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

After months of crappy weather we got a good one. Headed down Saturday morning with my friends to Billetproof NW. It the furthest I have driven the wagon and it ran great.. cruised a 70-75 the whole trip. Did not see a single old car along the way so they must have all taken the back roads or left later.

We arrived to a line of car waiting to get in but the Slo Pokes did a great job with organization and quick entry..

The show was smaller then last but I think there were fewer shitboxes, not to say there weren't any as there were a few.. as well as a few rides with less then optimal rims. Overall had a good time but since I was not staying the night, I decided to drive home in daylight rather then stick around for the cruise... (heard some folks were getting out of hand, hope they did not screw it up for next year).

Here is a link to my photos and a few of my favorites.

http://public.fotki.com/boones/car_shows/billetproof-nw-2010/

only had a walk a few feet to catch three or four of my favorites.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

just dug this pickup. I am big fan of hubcaps on this style truck and it just works for me.
    [​IMG]

have to show cousin steve Pontiac, its longest voyage so far..
    [​IMG]

like cousin steve, Shiny made his longest trip with his vert he just got on the road.
    [​IMG]

wish I could have gotten a side shot of this ride.. love the astros and low stance...
    [​IMG]

a northwest classic
    [​IMG]

a timeless look, still one of my favorite shoebox fords
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

see the rest on my sight.

some cars were hotter then others.. it got worse before Shiny took the fire extinguisher to it.
    [​IMG]

2. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

3. narlee

narlee

Nice pics. We left the cruise a little after 10:00. There were a few sirens during the afternoon and one fight we know of that was right behind us. The police were pretty cool as far as doing burnouts though as we saw a guy do a major burnout right in front of them and they didn't do anything. Fun time.

4. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I tryed but the Billet proof staff did the big knock on my sidewildow andthe cut it out motion on his neck..... Not sure why

5. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

The best car there parked in the shade so there were no good shots of the blue '32 3-window. The guy told me he built it himself and to say it was a great car would be an understatement. Someone has to have more information on that car, as close to art as anyone could expect. There, to me, seems to be a growing contingent of rat-rods.... I said it but I'm really trying to be tolerant. Thanks for taking pictures of the great cars there.

6. Choptop

Choptop

yer not sure why someone told you not to do a burn-out on a crowded city street?

7. Choptop

Choptop

that will change.

more on this to come.

8. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

9. Choptop

Choptop

hmmm... think on it a little.

why or why would doing a burn out on a city street lined with people during a car show cruise be a bad idea....

anyone one to fill in the blanks on this one? Please be kind.

10. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Were they holding you responsible for everyones stupidity

11. Choptop

Choptop

ya think?

the town hasnt had a cruise in 20 years. There are signs everywhere citing the statute that outlaws cruising.

Why do you think cruising was outlawed in the first place?

how hard do you think it was to convince to town to let us have the cruise? How many phone calls and personal appearances did it take? How much in insurance was purchased? How many city departments had to sign off on the plan? How many pages was the traffic report? The site map? The parking plan? The projected impact on police staffing report?

all of that is likely in jeopardy.

more on this later. Right now I am very tired. I have a TON of phone calls to make about the situation in the morning.

I'll report more when I know it.

12. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Well, Its quite simple. One asswipe gets loose...Hits a parked car, and squeeze people between bumpers. Or, even worse...wipes out somebody's kid. That's what I kept thinkin about. Told my Wifey to keep a "way out". Those guys that weren't even part of the show were atempting to fuck everything up. It was a CRUISE!!! Not a drag race. My Buddies and I stood close and quiet waiting for "Mister Red Mustang Fastback" to give Choptop just a little too much shit. But He handled it very calmly and it was all good, I hope. Too much crazyness always amounts to no good. I hope Alan can calm the City Fathers when this comes up. Great show though, and the best Criuse I've ever seen. I really hope we didn't screw this up. 9"

Attached Files:

13. A Rodder

A Rodder

Out of the 12 cars in our caravan, three took trophy's, the 32 spoken above, the 28 pu, and the 36 sectioned roadster. Damn the willimette valley showed well. And to boot I sold my 33 pu, Joe

14. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I do agree with that, and I can only be responsible for myself. I'm sure that the O/t driver(not a mustang) that I was in would not even spin a tire with its 6 cyl if the road wasn't wetted. That being said. It on ly takes one ass wipe to ruin it for everyone. Glad it didn't get out of hand. It was a little dicey when the T buckets lined up and got all loose.

15. Choptop

Choptop

THE_DUDE... my apologies if I was aggressive with my knock on your window. Just trying to keep a cap on the situation that was quickly getting out of hand. Nothing personal intended, and I'll pick up the first round the next time we meet.

That being said... there is a GREAT opportuinity for those wishing to burn-out coming up... the Billetproof Hot Rod Eruption Drags on Aug. 29 at Riverdale Raceway in Toutle Washington. Its a green track... they WANT you to do burnouts.

Bring 5 sets of tires and two transmissions you dont like... burn them all to the ground to the cheers of the crowd... heartily encouraged.

if you pop a tire or a transmission I will give you a FREE "I broke my Hot Rod at a Billetproof Drag Race" Sticker. Very rare :D

16. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

No problems man Ya just startled the crap outa me. Ha ha I hope it all goes well

17. DrivenDead

DrivenDead

I had such a great time... sooo tired. I took off my shirt and it looked like I was still wearing one. I got just a little sun.

Ohh... and I loved all of the Kids dancing to our band on Saturday day. We had a blast playing. Does anyone have any pictures of that?

I'd have to say my favorite car was the green caddy that won the best Kustom... good choice Devients! Two thumbs up!!!

-Drew

18. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Had a little fun on the highway pacing and racing fred.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wCdPwVX-_-E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wCdPwVX-_-E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

19. jeffsullivan

jeffsullivan

first of all, thanks to alan for putting on a great show/cruise. it was a blast (my first billetproof).:eek:
    as far as the cruise, we went back to camp and started drinking around 8 and it was getting pretty crazy down there then. dont get me wrong, i love a good burnout (see photos in my album!!), but there is a time and place for that and a crowded city street with tons of people on it isnt the place. i saw a lot of kids on the sidewalks, how many times have you seen a kid run off from mom/dad, what if that kid ran into the street and you hit them? that would be some HEAVY SHIT to deal with.
    that being said, im sure you have talked about the cruise situatiuon with someone from unique tin, but the cruise we have in longview is pretty well controlled. it is a fun cruise that is closed off to people without permits.....i dont know what it would take to make that kind of thing happen but it may be an idea. we dont want to lose a good thing.

congrats to all of the winners, and hope everyone had fun:D. and thanks to anyone who purchased anything from me!!;)

thanks again, alan.

20. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

thanx for posting. Great pix!

21. I agree Doug, that one flat black rolling pile that slightly resembles a 32 Ford keep popping up at various events. Some dip fuck owns it and drives like a maniac. Lets hope we've seen the last of him ;)

I'll have yer wheel at HRAR by the way...

22. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

is the blue 32 the one with winters grill (I think that was what it was). it was a great car and just parked to tight to get any good pictures of it.

23. hotrodscott2003

hotrodscott2003

Billetproof is quickly becoming my favorite show of the year! Had a GREAT time once again...minus some downtown cruising stupidity, of course. Honestly, what does doing a burnout on a city street prove, anyway? I can get my 3 hp minibike to do a burnout, so it has nothing to do with power...

If the knuckle heads that were doing this RUIN the cruise portion of this show, then I hope kharma gets the best of you! Even some of my rowdy'r friends were asking why these bozos were showing that their '79 Cordoba could burn the tires...wow, impressive, huh? I heard that one POS 5.0 driver even was quoted as saying 'this is my town, and I can do whatever I want!' Congats, you are now officially the King of the Dipshits, and the very reason cruising was outlawed in 'your town' in the first place!

Enough of that...great show, looking forward to next year! Thanks again!

24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We just drove over for the day and did the spectator thing but it was the most fun at a rod trot we have had in 15 or more years. some great cars and some fun to be around people.

We didn't stay around for the cruise but "local dipshits" usually are the ones who ruin things like that. One thing that Cool Desert Nights has with their cruise night (same weekend) is that you have to have a window sticker to be in the cruise. I'm not sure that would work at Billetproof but it is a thought.

Glad to see that Paul and Barb's Caddy got best custom. He has put a lot of work in that car in the past few years. It also shows that great customs don't need wholesale or ultra radical changes.

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yep, those top three do it for me.

26. draggin37

draggin37

As it was said above. Thank you Alan for a great weekend. Us Unique Tin boys hope all is smoothed over with the city as we know all too well what it takes to make a cruise happen! We had a great time as this is one of our local favorites...

On a lighter note, Unique Tin C.C. hopes everyone returns to the NW for another great weekend of events the Fourth Weekend in August for the Unique Tin Weekend and the Billetproof Hot Rod Eruption drags!!!

Its gonna be a great weekend with a show on sat. cruise sat. night and some kick ass racing at the drags on Sunday!

27. Looked like a good event, Nice area and country , sharp rides , thanks for sharing ,,,,

28. buckable

buckable

[​IMG]

Right, not only did you not scare the kids away, your band was one that people stayed around for. Could tell you were enjoying it - expect you'll get invited back next year. Good job.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  29. DrivenDead

DrivenDead

We'll be back next year as long as Allen will have us! This is our new favorite show of the year to play, and thus far we've played all three years. Thanks for the pic of the band! Does anyone have pics of the "kid mosh pit" as my friend was calling it... lol!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  30. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Sweet! thanks for posting!