Register now to get rid of these ads!

Satin's 58 Impala so far.................

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Satinblack, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

If there were nobody else on earth, what color would your car be? That's the color you should paint it.

I really like a '58 Chevy, I think it's really classy, whereas I feel most '58 cars are a bit too much.

2. Satinblack

Satinblack

Well when you put it like that......black of course. Starting to think I'm building the batmobile. I liked that too

3. joel torres

joel torres

yes its a modern sunroof installed into the roof once finished it will look factory installed

4. sololobo

sololobo

S.B., understand wanting to match your handle, however in my conservative opinion! Especially after working in sunny California preserving paint jobs, I suggest some subtle approach, like a safari tan, or cream, and a non metallic finish. The less is more approach is hard for people to go for, but always end up being applauded by all. These colors would show off your red touches and the car has so many exceptional style lines it isn't begging for scallops to give it some pizazz. These colors are easy to maintain and are long lasting due to lack-o-clears in the color that facilitate fading. Like A.Holes, we all have one, but thats my humble opinion. That baby is sittin pretty. Rock on. ~Sololobo~

5. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Sololobo is right. But then again tans and creams may fit my personality but trust me, they don't fit satinblacks.....he's a crazy maniac who talks about coffin boxes and the rears of gulls.

No really I did that, but his strong personality doesn't fit mundane creams.....I always thought they were a great classic color until I saw a 60 starliner in factory beige and then I changed my mind. On tri year cars I love it, but on the land barge era not so much.

6. Satinblack

Satinblack

LOL you got me figured out Brandy........ I appreciate the concern but I definetly don't go for light colors etc. I have a garage and yes I am well aware of the time etc to take care of a black or dark color/ metallic car. I plan to drive this baby to my grave and if it were creme I would rather pull an AMC pacer out of a garage and drive it instead, get my drift.

To top it all I live in the desert community of lancaster so heat is a concern too but oh well thats not gonna stop me from driving it.

Im to the point that my gold flake on rear deck is out the window, im now thinking black with gold rainbow flake topped with a black candy That way it will offset the black paint on the outside....... Well if I do go black

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  7. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

I recant my men are so primary statement.

8. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Oh dear.

9. Satinblack

Satinblack

To each their own, but I can safely say no way in hell would I cut my Impala. I had a guy down the street tell me we need to chop it, "Like hell we do"

10. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

The sport roof on them is called a sport roof because it's lower and sporty.

I was gunna offer some factory sheet metal to fill that hole but I'll wait to sell it to the next guy who buys and restores the car.

11. Satinblack

Satinblack

Yep, 1.5 inches, thats why all the glass and wingwindows and such dont interchange with belairs

12. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

Nice solid looking Impala with a perfect stance. Color is a very personal decision, IMHO Pagan Gold or this HOK Lime would look good on the '58...

Attached Files:

• lime.jpg
      lime.jpg
      File size:
      138.2 KB
      Views:
  13. Satinblack

Satinblack

Funny you mentioned that Black Sheep, I had my house of kolor chart out and looked at that color too

14. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

The very color I had picked for my biscuit.....crap, don't that just about figure?

15. i like gun metal grey with a matching color to off set the gray why not do a copy of the trim lines . and then check diffrent colors like a two tone match but make sure your wheels are in each piture as well as the crome trim lines

16. junk fiend

junk fiend

i was thinking a metallic lime green would look badass too, especially if you want it to look like a redline hotwheels

17. Satinblack

Satinblack

ok.....whatever that means

18. Satinblack

Satinblack

Oh good someone deleted that post, looked like someone selling gold for World of warcraft game or something, ban their ass

19. ragtp66

ragtp66
    from Chicago

Here are a couple of other ideas try something like this http://www.reliableplating.com/blackchrome.html in a chrome black finish. I used to sell Patio Furniture and a company called Brown Jordan offered a finish called CARBON that was an unbelievable color that if you could duplicate it on the car it would look incredible unfortunately I can not find a picture of it this link is another take of the black chrome finish http://www.lighting-lamps-chandeliers.com/IVG2/Y/ProductID-59283-.htm My 58 is going original as it is an original honey beige/anniversary gold car.