Register now to get rid of these ads!

another new guy from northern Calif.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Russ B, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Hi!

I am an old hot rodder since the ‘60s. For good old stuff, I currently have a ’51 Ford club coupe, it is a 392 powered mild custom driver, and a ’29 Ford cabriolet, which in pieces and was my first car, back in 1958.

Right now I am working on getting a ’29 Ford closed cab back on the road. It was built in 1992 for my daughter and I hope to get it running good, looking pretty again, and out of my shop & down to her in San Diego by the end of the year.

I was spending time here a few years ago browsing in the tool section threads while building up a Harbor Freight bead roller to be a useable tool, but I guess I never joined then.

Growing up in northern CA in the ‘60s, I first had the cabriolet running, then a ’29 tudor w/327, then a ’57 belair tudor (with same 327 and finally a 4 speed), and in the late ‘60s I built an A/SR ’29 roadster w/401 injected nailhead.

Then, VietNam, grad school, marriage, kids, work, etc., all kept me away from hot rods until the early ‘90s when my youngest wanted an old car as her first car. So I found a nice closed cab ’29 body and started looking around and saw that things had changed a lot since the ‘60s. I quickly learned that old metal was now a lot rustier, but parts availability was better than ever. With the internet and easier communication of needs and solutions, it is better yet in 2010. Once back into old cars, I have been keeping busy and happy again. Now mostly retired, I have my own workshop with time, room, projects, and tools to keep me busy for years.

After I finish the PU, I want to finally build the cabriolet and maybe another ’28-29 Ford (maybe a deuce framed highboy hemi coupe or RPU). ...and the ’51 always needs attention now and then. Oh, BTW, I like early Model A Fords.

Looking forward to spending more time over here.

Russ B

2. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Hey Russ,

It's always good to see more Nor Cal folks coming aboard. Welcome to the HAMB.

3. cops-n-rodders

cops-n-rodders

Aloha Russ,

Welcome, from one NorCal H.A.M.B. newbie to another. Seems every time I roll thru Millbrae, So. San Francisco or Daly City, etc., I still see 60's era cars parked in driveways or on the street!

4. fxfxr

fxfxr
    from eureka, ca

Welcome from Eureka

5. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Arkansas City, KS.
    firstnomad

6. Johnny Bones

Johnny Bones

Welcome aboard!