Register now to get rid of these ads!

My boy's first cruise in.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ol'chevy, Jun 18, 2010.

1. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Took my 3 year old to his first cruise in tonight, he had a blast. Mom is at mother/ daughter camp, or we wouldn't have been able to go. Had our first guy's night out. He fell in love with a pearl white 40 ford convertable.
    Went to Wally World to buy a matchbox car afterwards. Good times.

[​IMG]

A much earlier photo....

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  2. Sounds like a great time!! Cant wait to have a kid.

3. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

They definately change things....

4. Yeah i bet...Its an awesome thing

5. Farmboy46

Farmboy46
    from Grandy

very cool my 2 1/2 year old daughter loves goin to car shows with me, she always says "car show today daddy?" shes gotit all figured out already.

6. mottly

mottly

train em early ;) - my daughter's keen as mustard, but my boy isn't...go figure :rolleyes:

7. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

Nice! I bought my sons first project today, 23 T bucket, and he is 8 Months old! Took him to a cruise in last week, he could have cared less, but hey, he is only 8 months, I look forward to him growing up a bit more.

Congrats on him enjoying it!

8. thats cool, i have two little girls 2 and 5 and they are digging old cars too.
    go figure...

9. Vintage_Vixen

Vintage_Vixen

That is the sweetest thing ever! I take my 7 year old with me and he always flocks to the imports... UGH have I not taught him anything?!?! Oh well... he's still young and I still have time to implant my purist ways on him. lol
    Cheers to cruise-ins with our babies! =)

10. What a great post, on "father's day weekend" too. That is a great photo.:D

11. micahmelanson

micahmelanson
    from Vinton, LA

They are a blessing and make life a lot of fun. It's great motivation when they want to go work on the car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. that's about when I got addicted to the smell of burned metal and grease.....

13. moparjack44

moparjack44

Can't wait til my grandson is old enough. He is 1 year old, I say, by next summer he will be ready.

14. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

That just makes you feel good to read about! Can't wait until my son is big enough to do the same thing. 16 months old and already LOVES cars!

15. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Great photo

My boy just hit the three yr mark. Lessons from his time in the shop so far:

Lesson one: what not to beat with the hammer
    Lesson two: Dont dick with the oxy/act gauges
    Lesson three: When Dad gets real quiet, go see what moms doing

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  16. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

My 11 yr old son loves going for rides with me in my Acadian. We would go to cruise in, car shows, etc. even before I had the car. Great bonding time, and I hope good memories for him always.

17. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Cool pic. I enjoy my kids 3 love cars 1 not so much but thats cool he has his own thing. My dad tells me if he would have known that grandkids was this much fun he would of had them FIRST.......

18. moparjack44

moparjack44

Yeah, :D.

19. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

First thing this morning he asks to go see some hotrods. We went to a church family day, mine and one other were the only old ones there.

20. Way cool times ahead for all you dads with sons. Ol'chevy great to hear you bringing him up as a Godly man. For all those who do not have sons do not over look the fact that there are alot of single moms out there with boys that would love to have a chance to work on an old car. I have helped guide a young man I meet through my church, his home life was a wreck.I enjoyed seeing him learn car skills as we hopped up a go cart. LOL I have 2 daughters always wanted to build cool go cart. Hope all
    fathers here have a blessed Fathers Day. Gary

21. calvinh

calvinh

I took my 15 month old son for a little early morning fishing for the first time today. Then he chased some ducks, tried to give his sippy cup to a turtle, and got a fat lip on a tree. Pretty good day if you ask me. I love having a little boy. I can't wait to take him to his first cruise. Congrats on what sounds like a great time with your boy.

22. perk30

perk30

Cruises with the kids will and should continue for years. I started taking my daughter to cruises when she was little. She was always attracted to the VW bugs. She's now 25 and we just got back from our annual father daughter trip to the Pittsburgh Parts a Rama. She no longer likes the VWs, likes the hot rods, but is more attracted to 70 Chevelles and AC Cobra replicas.