Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features TRUCKS ONLY PIC THREAD! Show me your cool trucks...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terd ferguson, Oct 11, 2009.

1. TMoney

TMoney

Ha, nothing anyone on here says about me or my cars could piss me off. Everyone has their own opinion. I understand that. This place is a forum, a place for people to say what they want. If someone doesn't want people to criticize their work, maybe this isn't the place for them.

I love how offended people will get when everyone doesn't love their work. :p

2. TMoney

TMoney

I've said it a thousand times and I'm sure I'll say it a thousand more: "This is a traditional hot rod and custom forum. It ain't about change, it's about time-proven coolness." If you want change or something different, go to http://olskoolrodz.com or http://killbillet.com. You might be more suited there, so would that truck. :D

Let's see some more pics huh? Too much badgering on a pic thread. Sorry, I guess I'm responsible for that.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  3. TMoney

TMoney

Thanks a lot man.

4. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

Good idea!

5. Hell Z they were so shook up with the monster rod they didn't even notice that I posted a 4WD. :D

Gotta love it.

More pictures please. No need for drama, well maybe no need for drama.

6. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

I just searched this thread and apparently I've been enjoying everyone else' pictures but have not posted any of my own.

This is my '55 1st ('Z' series) GMC Suburban.
    [​IMG]

It has a little newer Jimmy 270 with the stock 4-speed and a 3.08 geared rear. Aside from the rear and the disk brakes in front and some better seats it is basicallly stock.

I've had it eight years and have changed my plan for it many times. So mostly I just drive it.

This is my current project. It is a '54 GMC (also a 'Z' series) 1-ton dually.

[​IMG]

I'm setting this one up to pull my trailer. Cadillac 500 with TH400 to replace the original 248 and Hydra-Matic. Power trains weigh close to the same but the Caddy produces more than twice the horse power and even more torque. GM 14-bolt in the rear gets me highway friendly gearing and more modern brakes.

I may not compete with the modern big Diesels but it will have more than enough oomph to move my car trailer and anything small enough to fit the trailer.

I want to use the original wheels but can't find modern light truck tires that will fit them.

7. TMoney

TMoney

Awesome! Love the Jimmys.

8. Mullins

Mullins

asidrownyou do I get your approval? Or are my trucks to ratty? Your truck looks cool and sits great. I appreciate all american hot rods, Thumbs up to all Customs, Hot Rods,Gassers, & Rat Rods!!! As long as it's American Steel I respect the Hard work of what it takes to build them.
    Nothing better than seeing the creative ways people do each one. As long as we keep building them, more kids will get into the hobby seeing the cool rides.
    My hats off to all of you that love the American Hot Rods!!!! Keep the next generation into American Hot Rods and send the foreign crap to scrap!!!

Attached Files:

9. Mullins

Mullins

Old Sub, You will love the 500 Caddy. My Cooters Garage Truck has a 500 caddy with a nice isky cam and ederbrock intake/carb. 400 turbo and it's a very good running old ride. It's been in it for years and still pulls strong. Love the original wheels, hope you can get some tires for them. Truck is looking great!!! Cool piece.

10. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

Mullins
    Hey that Willys makes your place look ratty I would be glad to haul it off for you.....

11. Mullins

Mullins

LOL Now that's a good one spuds!!! I guess I'm going have to Patina my barn now. LOL

12. TMoney

TMoney

Ha, you don't need my approval. No one does. Those are some bitchin automobiles you got there. Love the look of all of them. And thanks.

13. Framewelder

Framewelder

This one WAS mine, sold it last fall.

Attached Files:

14. another fenderless truck

[​IMG]

although this one belongs to a hamb member

15. another friends fenderless truck, not a member

[​IMG]

16. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

It needs a flame job across the door just behind the header outlet...

17. erock805

erock805

you all are crazy this thing is Awesome!

18. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Drove Okie home from the shop, 40 miles, mmmmh, has some issues but I will work them out after the stitcher gets done with him.

Should have it back in a week or so and maybe Columbus GG's, just maybe.

Attached Files:

19. erock805

erock805

20. vtwinpartss

vtwinpartss
    from NOR CAL

Here is my 28 Willys project

[​IMG]

21. kennyboy

kennyboy
    from uk

my 53 panel

Attached Files:

22. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

I'll be looking for it at Columbus! Looks great. Or the panel if need be :D

Later, Bill

23. TMoney

TMoney

That thing's awesome!!! I love 1st series ADs!!!

24. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

SWEET !:cool:

25. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

that's bad ass!

26. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

Wow. Gorgeous.

27. Mattilac

Mattilac

So.... what happened to the cool pictures thread?? I can't seem to find it. I had a few shots to post...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

[​IMG]

Love that Suburban. Is that the original color? I couldn't help myself, but had to Photoshop it. I hope you don't mind.:D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  29. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

THanks! It and I both love compliments!

Its got several coats of paint on it and the original color appears to have been the lighter green that was an option. It does look nice painted, but there is a lot of metal work that needs to happen first!