Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 30/31 roadster build, Stacies car!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by titus, Dec 29, 2009.

1. yblock292

yblock292

me too, 1959 430 lincoln, 6 97's , top loader 4 speed, narrowed 9 in, 40 dash, bout ready to start blowing her apart.

2. Stacie

Stacie

Thanks to everyone who stopped by Titus's over the weekend before Back to the Fifties! And thank you Titus for your guidance to myself and others. We made a lot of progress that couldn't have been done without you all.

Attached Files:

3. Pinewood

Pinewood

Looks good! Will I see it this weekend?

4. titus

titus

thats the plan, the motor is in, the chassis is done, time to start plumping the motor for the 6x2 set up, then the body goes back on tomorrow and do some wiring and a throttle pedal etc etc etc and shell be ready to go, just a couple of days worth of work!

5. nifty

nifty
    from UK

bloody hell, blink and it's done. How long from getting the chassis to where you are now with the car? It seems like really quick progress.
    A friend of mine here is starting out on a low slung 50's style roadster, it'll be great to see your finished A and hopefully gain some ideas and styling cues.
    Keep up the good work and please post more pics

6. lookin' good

7. That is going to one nice roadster!

8. Pinewood

Pinewood

Oh that's all:rolleyes: I should just bring my coupe over as long as your at it...

I'd like to help and learn a little on the pedal and other linkage stuff. Wish I didn't live on the other side of town.

9. Bull

Bull

Buck up Sally . . . I make the 110 mile round-trip drive to Titus' shop at least once a week to work on my junk with him. :)

10. titus

titus

ill probably get in trouble from Stacie but here are some more pics of the chassis, its just getting put in grey primer till this winter when she is gonna tackle all the paint and body work, so it will come all back apart for that, so that makes the assembly process go a bit faster.

JEFF

Attached Files:

11. Pinewood

Pinewood

Did you guys build the driveshaft or have a local shop make it?

12. lorodz

lorodz

13. titus

titus

I cut it to length, ive done about 30 of em so far and counting!

Got lots more bits done here and there, started working out the carb linkage, started going thru the 6 stromberg 97's that will rest attop the motor, well just be running 2 for a bit till we have more time to sort out and tune the other 4.

JEFF

Attached Files:

14. nifty

nifty
    from UK

oofff that rolling chassis looks fantastic, very tidy indeed. As for the motor....damn that's centerfold material

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

How did you get away with out notching the Hurst mount? I decided to run an electric fuel pump on my '35 because the mechanical interfered with the mount. Love the motor, it's awesome!!!!

16. titus

titus

It clears by a very small amount, but its the aluminum vette type fuel pump and we are using the old jeep style motor mount pads also which has more room for the pump, i thought we were gonna run an electric too but at the last minute i decided to try a good old reliable mechanical.

jeff

17. This thread really makes me miss my old Roadster...

Hey Jeff... Have an extra body laying around??? Hahaha...

18. Stacie

Stacie

Attached Files:

19. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

lookin good, nice stance

20. neverliftmotorsports

neverliftmotorsports

That is an awesome car. Keep up the good work. Cant wait to see it done.

21. It's a beautiful thing. Hope to see it there.

22. titus

titus

Gonna try and fire it up today, working on mounting the battery, gas tank and some final bits and pieces and finish rebuilding the 97's.

JEFF

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Is there a slight channel to the body? The rails look visually slimmed and everything looks perfect!!! You definitely do awesome work Jeff. Oh and thanks for the info on the pump clearance. I am using the flathead biscuit type mounts along with the HURST mount, spacers., u shaped spacers and AD-75 anti chatter brackets.

24. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I love the windshield, makes it look so mean! Keep up the great work!

25. kisam

kisam

Wow, beautiful roadster! Good luck with the start up!

26. titus

titus

a bit more progress, got it fired up, we have to break in the motor still, so we basically fired it up, set the timing and the dwell for the few seconds we had it running, then well try and break here in tomorrow, it got a bit late to be running it.

Got it wired enought to run and charge, have to wire the lights etc etc, bolt in the seat, bolt on the steering wheel, mock up the 4 dummy carbs (yeah yeah yeah) get a new master cause the new one is bad, and some other little bits here and there.

JEFF

Attached Files:

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just reread this thread after I noticed the chassis. Will the tops of the rear tires be above the rear wheel wells? I like the kicked up rails, but want to center the tires in the wells on my '30. Can you post some side shots once it hits the ground? Great build so far!

28. Is that the ContinentalJohn windshield frame you bought from me a couple of years ago?

29. wow that car is looking great. What a combo with great looking gal behind the wheel too!

30. titus

titus

Seems like at ride height they will match the radius of the wheel wells percectly, with some tuning via leaf springs it could be a touch lower but she likes where its sitting, we will get some profice shots for ya.

Nope, that one went on my coupster

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013