Register now to get rid of these ads!

Late (62 & up) Chevy 6 in HA/GR Drag Racing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Joe Roseberry, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Joe Roseberry

Joe Roseberry

It appears to me that the acceptance of the later Chevy 6 flys in the face of the HA/GR Drag Racing rules I built my car around. Does the pre 62 rule still apply ? The 194 (and larger) Chevy 6 shares the bowtie and number of pistons with the 61 and earlier motors and as far as I'm concerned is just the camels nose under the tent. I (we) have done the work and have a great running early 6 so yes, I have a dog in this fight. I have not had a problem finding early engines and consider them to be kind of like gophers, everyone has them in their backyard.

2. you should post this on the HA/GR board. You'll get more action on it, from others with "a dog in the fight"

my opinion? (my "dog" isn't on the track yet)

you're spot on.

3. Joe Roseberry

Joe Roseberry

Thanks moparsled, I'll see if I can get to the HA/GR board. I really don't have a good relationship with this dammed computer. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Joe

4. scroll down to the bottom of the page. Look to the right, there's a box that says "forum jump" above it, click the little "down arrow" , highlight HA/GR, click

be prepared, pretty much everybody will defend the later sixes.