Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs kustom cars of australia

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RI5KY, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

can't have an Aussie Kustom thread without Mr.Diablos' F1
    [​IMG]

2. Rikster

Rikster

The first one is American based design.. but Australian only body style...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Krylon John

Krylon John
    BANNED
    from Placentia

4. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Adrian Perri's '49 Slammed and Bagged Bare Metal Mercury Coupe.....

[​IMG]

HC.

5. I'm with Smooth Customs. How about some actually AUSSIE cars that have been customised, like Simon Telford's EJ above.

The Yanks have a million and one Mercurys and Chevys to look at, so how about something different.

And RI5KY, it's kind of nice when you nick other peoples photos off the Internet that you at least give them some credit, or get a camera and take your own pics.

6. I see why you are called Brootal.
    Not a nice thing to say about anything..

7. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

less bitching people more pictures for fucks sake

heres mark apaps in progress, oh wait it was imported as a car but has since had a new chassis built, roof re chopped and re skinned/hardtopped, actually i think the only things left from the original car are the front wheels and guards.. was built at a well known 'kustomzz' CA shop..scary shit you guys build!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    close yours eyes people another yankee import ohh noooooooo
    [​IMG]
    to make it better, two aussie built cars, mario colalillos caddy and john mesitis chevy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    adams aussie built chopped merc
    [​IMG]
    winfield paint 'Marylin' cad
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    kuda zee's F1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    choppers merc
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

YOU WANT AN AUSSIE CUSTOM? eat your words haha
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. RI5KY

RI5KY

Its a shame you have not posted any Australian based Cars that have been customised.[/QUOTE]

as i said in my original post, if you have any other pictures please add

9. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    paul naughtons shoebox
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

This Chev was done by John in Berwick, always been a favourite... it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine...

Attached Files:

11. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

Thats brilliant that thing, saw it at Bright last year. Who did the 2-door conversion?? Were the front doors extended at all...?

12. Lucky444

Lucky444

Here's a pic of a longer door being matched up. I'm sure Fat141 won't mind me posting this up. Don't know who did the work.

Attached Files:

13. Heres my wanna be........when I grow up i'm gunna be a,a,a,a,a,a,a,a custom...................................btw FAT141's chev used US 2dr sedan doors...............andyd

Attached Files:

14. Aushotrods

Aushotrods

fat141's car rules! we were wondering who built it at bright last year hey luke!

15. TKITEZ38

TKITEZ38

nice pics, "kustom's" or not, who cares, as long as the cars live in australia. :)

16. So you want Oz built Customs with a C.........my brother, Bruce built this 51 Chev in 1973/4/5......the first pic was from the 1976(?) Vic State Rod Run at Wangaratta...the 2nd & 3rd pics are taken outside of Bob Bowmans Street Rod Accessories shop around 1983/84 when I owned the Chev & was taking some pics for the ASRF Newsletter......the Chev was "just in the background"......The Chev ran a 186 holden 6 with twin carbs,headers & a 5 speed Alfa gearbox, rolled pans, Caddy tailights(ex Dennis Millets Custom 32 Ford Sedan), genuine Moon Discs, fully detailed chassis in red & silver, chromed suspension & steering parts, Cal Custom Appletons on the cowl and as parking lights in the grille opening, everything from the headlights down was hand formed in sheetmetal, nosed & peaked hood, twin frenched aerials, dechromed body, custom dash with a full set of Smiths gauges in an anodised dash with custom console, 10" shortened steering column, 59 Olds steering wheel, 4 P76 bucket seats paint was AMC Fireball Red and Silver in lacquer.......plus a few other bits & pieces........apologies for the poor photos.......these are all I have.........this was a Custom.......only Barris builds them with a K......lol..........Andy Douglas

Attached Files:

17. Wow- A build thread/ more shots would be welcome on the Mark Apap car- some sweet flow shows in those big modifications so far.
    Andydodge- I remember a lil' ink on that kool Chevy. Nice lil' 'K'.

18. Spoggie, the only ink I've ever seen of the Chev was a pic from the 1978 Wollongong Rod Show with it "towing" my track roadster in front of a Bonneville scene we did....have heard that the Oz little mag Newsledder had a pic but have never seen it........andyd

19. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

to me,the car that really got me going was the old mick lee 39/40 roadster, pure class and style at a time when, well style was lacking somewhat.

20. fat141

fat141

Thanks for the nice words on my Chevie. Andy is right, doors came from US compliments of Gary Minor (DIEHARDS) and the work was carried out by local body shop in my town.A search on "4 door to 2 door conversion with pics" will reveal all.
    Feel good that others like it too.
    Rod

21. Muzz

Muzz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nekronomicon, that chev was in Supercar magazine years ago in an article of converting from a 4 door to a 2 door.

Muzz

22. [​IMG]

A couple of west aussie customs.....

[​IMG]

23. Kustoms in the American sense were always a little light on here before the computer age . I mainly recall early Falcons & Holdens, Morris Minors, pommy Fords & some Cussos .

24. I"m not bagging the US stuff, just that it might be of more interest to the non-Aussies to see Aussie-based customs. :)

Sadly, it's a bit of a dying art now that it's so easy to bring in cars from the US. Oh wait, that might not last! Maybe the BS import rules will see a rebirth of the true Aussie custom! :)

25. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

Nice looking car's you have down under

/Stefan

26. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Any more of the blue 58 Belair on the last page? That thing is beautiful!

27. Deu55

Deu55

:cool:Hey I think that a 16 year old into Rods and Kustoms is pretty kool.....Rod.....

28. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Hmm... that bare metal Merc is to die for!

The Aussie cars seems kind of ugly from what I've seen. :D

29. Yes it is cool, but he should still shut up on occasion and listen to his elders. :p

That goes for you too, sonny!