Register now to get rid of these ads!

death by the truck-load...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theloosecannon707, Jun 11, 2010.

1. 62rebel

62rebel

so; where's the inevitable "it just made the value of MINE go up" post?

seeing a potential rod shitted away is just sad. i'm LUCKY; my wife wants to buy enough land, far enough away from people, to store all the cars i want.... we just need the money...

2. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Really? You're going to take offense to this?

Might be a Chevy. Can't tell picture's to small but just maybe.

But truly a shame to see it go down that way.:mad:

3. vtwinpartss

vtwinpartss
    from NOR CAL

I really really hate El' Ranchero's and I wouldnt send one to scrap... That just sucks for a classic of any kind....

4. If I saw that truck in my neighborhood, I'd tell the guy to unload it at my house and I'll give him what the scrap guy would, plus a 6-pack. Most of the yokels in my area would jump on that deal in a heartbeat.

5. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Nobody but the last owner knows the story and maybe just maybe he or she was sick of idiots on places like craiglist and kijiji promising to turn up and buy it and not bothering.
    Lots of you are too quick to condemn someone just because its YOUR hobby.
    Yes it's a shame but it's done now so get over it.

6. Shagrat

Shagrat

Lot's of cases like this one. We can't save em all....
    The recycler that I take my scrap metal to saves all (or at least the nicer) of the vintage cars & trucks. Every time I'm there the owner comes out and tries to sell me any one of a dozen or so that he has pulled off to the side.

7. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

wow

8. Alex Yohnk

Alex Yohnk

Nash29, you are my kind of philosopher.

9. SON OF A BITCH!!!! If it ain't a '57 Chevy or a '69 Comaro most scrap monkey's don't have a clue. They get their fast money and move on to the next pile.

10. 067chevy

067chevy

That really sucks

11. Have you considered running for public office? I like that ideology.:)

12. shit...or get off the pot...saw this posted in a john at a local salvage yard...

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

14. LEMMING249

LEMMING249

JerryLeeEidson1958.jpg
    My Pops '57 and me...........your pic makes me very sad!

15. big creep

big creep

what fucken morons!

16. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

I'd have followed it to the scrap yard and tried to make a deal with the owners to get a few parts from it. The big bearing wagon/Ranchero 9" is worth about $300-$500 depending on where you are, good trim bids up as well. Car is doomed, doesn't mean all the parts should be too.

-KK

17. I would have offered him double the scrap price to unload it, it's still not that bad, combine it with a rotty northern car and you've got something.

Thats why old cars get scrapped, no one steps up with the cash when the car needs to be saved, they just sit around and bitch about it.

18. Wow. Bummer+. I dig 58's. And I could use that smooth 9".
    Dumb arse situation. It'll come back as some shitty Great wall or hyundai or front- drive chevy.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  19. The_Monster

The_Monster

Threads like this suck.

Its just like watching the news... you always walk away bummed out or pissed off.

20. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

That sucks! I would of loved to get it before that dumb bastard got his hands on it. Oh well its history now.

21. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

God you know how hard thoses are to find!!!!!!! HOLY F..................... Im going to throw up. Maybe 300 for scrap, I might be in jail now if I would have been there. He would have come back with flat tires on his turck

22. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I have family (through marriage!) who are scrappers. That is the same mentality they have. I have told them...95% of what you scrap is just that, Scrap. It's the other 5% that I worry about. They love to clean out old farmsteads. I have heard about MANY old grain trucks that they have hauled for scrap, including a dumptruck with a truck block 409, and SEVERAL sets of guide lights! Not to mention the loose old car parts, gas pumps/lubesters and other "automobilia".That's just stuff I've heard about AFTER they scrapped it! I have tried SEVERAL times to get them to understand that some of the stuff has value far more that scrap weight, I have even asked them to let me know when they're going to haul out something old like that, so I can at least grab the desireable parts off it, but it falls on deaf (and dumb) ears! Dispite my pleas, my Father-In-Law has lead them to believe its ALL scrap!!! For all I know, they have scrapped a 32 Ford!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  23. F&J

F&J

I've seen a few desirable cars in Cal offered on AACA at real fair prices with no takers....but I sure don't understand how that car ended up like that.

It's RARE to meet a guy that would not put a small amount of effort to make a decent profit on something he may have gotten for free or as low as 100 bucks.

All I can think of is that the picker does not have a storage yard to store it until it could be sold...nothing else makes sense.

Picture that car as an old autorama type build...what a waste

24. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Now I feel sick.

25. hope yer in law family mentioned does not live by us...

Shame about this ranchero i need evrything from that car...

26. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

27. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

28. Ashcraft

Ashcraft
    from Colorado

Yeah, it's a '58. The '58 used '57 taillights, for fairly obvious reasons.

Those are rare even here in the southwest. Most of them rusted away.

Shame.

29. can't keep them all! i can say trying to keep track of 100+ (yea 100+) vehicles the amount of relief when they were gone was tremendous. quit crying about vehicles getting scrapped its pathetic! one day your disease of "TITLEITUS" will go away. i'm just a hobbiest that it overtook not a scrapper.