Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects my sketchy 55

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 8FLEET9, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Butch M

Butch M

Man you could park that shitbox in my garage anytime.......that thing is cool..:D

2. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

haha, i'll trade ya;)

3. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

i feel this car photographs a lil too well, what with it's flat white paint & all. so here's some photographic evidence of what a shit box it is...
    remember i did pull at least 1 license plate out of the floor of this car, & i'm sure there's at least 1 more hiding in there!
    [​IMG]

4. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

haha i love the sharpie.

i rearended someone in my old van once and someone wrote OUCH!!! on the front haha

5. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

90% of all 55s rusted there. A fairly simple fix now that they make all the proper panels that actually fit pretty well. Give you something for you to look forward to next winter. ;)
    [​IMG]

6. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

"show cars only" that's why i'm going the other way;)
    [​IMG]

7. poorboy

poorboy

looks great man!

8. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

love that pic! lol

9. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

10. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

cool!!!

11. I shouldnt've never gotten rid of my old '55. Yours has the look! I dig it alot man.

12. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

and as if this car wasn't already offensive enough to look at...
    [​IMG]

13. Butch M

Butch M

Man that not offensive it's just right.........:D

14. lorodz

lorodz

thick lil devil isnt she .....just my style...

15. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

oh yeah, i installed a new fuel sending unit today too. now the gas gauge actually works & fuel no longer pours out of the stud for gauge wire. seems the goon hand before me tried tightening it down so much that it twisted the tab on the inside of the tank that attaches to the float, totally f-ing it up.
    also ordered some air shocks for the rear to keep the tires outta the quarters. as well as a set of 20 new 2" wheel studs. plan on getting that & some new rear shoes in some nite after work so i can actually drive this thing this weekend.

16. lorodz

lorodz

i know you got a 4 speed in your car, im trying to do the same thing is there any posible way for you to snap some shots of the way the linkage is set up from the pedal to the throw out fork and how you set up the trans as far as cross member ...im getting a 4 speed this weekend and reall so badly want to set it up as fast as i can without any problems ....dying to burn threw the gears

17. chris55

chris55

Looks good, where did you get your headers?

18. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

i'll see what i can do for you as far as pics go. i made the engine-side mount for a factory Z bar out of flat stock & a ground down bellhousing mount ball stud (you can buy a new one for like 18 bux). but i cut & re-welded the factory pedal to Z bar mount as well as the the pedal-rod side of the Z bar with stuff i had from an automatic column shifter lying around, cuz it was quicker than chasing down bushings. it's a real simple set up, easy to copy. i have a factory bellhousing with the side mounts as well as some generic aftermarket tailshaft mount crossmember. it came with the car, i know nothing about it. but it's just 2 L brackets that mount to the frame and some square stock. nothing fancy.

guy on e-bay, he makes em' in his garage outta 1 &3/4" exhaust pipe with 3&1/2" collectors. i painted them with 2 cans of parts store satin clear header paint. they were like 4 hundo shipped. contact: [email protected]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  19. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Man, this is just too cool! This car has a serious personality.

20. lorodz

lorodz

ight ...yea my cross memeber is the same style .

21. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

thanks man.

added a set of monroe air shocks out back today. worked out nice. at just 30psi they keep the tires out of the quarters and i only had to raise the rear of the car maybe 1/4" to do so. it rides the same and it didn't change the stance any.

also added some 2" wheel studs to the front hubs so i could mount up my centerlines. plan on doing the rears as well as new rear shoes saturday.

[​IMG]

22. lorodz

lorodz

looks sexy man keep it up...

23. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

Glad to see the shocks changed. I thought I smelled rubber in that turning picture earlier.;) :cool:

24. glassguy

glassguy

man this came out nice, and quickly.. especially with it being such a different car from the lowriders!!!! it looks sick! im happy fer ya...

25. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

all new wheel studs & lugnuts. think i'll blast this pig down the highway tomorrow. i'm pretty sure i have more $ in the studs & lugnuts than i do wheels & tires...go figure.

26. DBAG

DBAG

GASSER, GASSER, GASSER!!<br><br>[​IMG]

27. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

stayed late a few nights this week to get her ready for the weekend so she could sit in the shop. damn rain...more importantly, damn no inner fenders or wipers.
    [​IMG]

28. ponchopowered

ponchopowered

the cars looking better and better every time i see it

29. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

Looks good for the "SHIT BOX" it started out as. I would definitely drive the shit outta it, then it would just be a box! Bang some gears and burn some rubber!

30. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

haven't updated in a lil bit cuz i've just been driving her! woop! i did manage to take all but the slightest bit of stumble out of the carb with a few metering rod/spring changes. still wanna add a few degrees of timing to her, see how she likes that, but just haven't got around to it (i can adjust the carb through the hole in the hood but not the distributer haha). so for now i'll live with the tiny bit of stumble left, it is a tunnel rammed stock-o 305 after all.

also today i rid the car of wheel hop with some parts store spring clamps. damn, i should've taken a pic. i added 2 clamps to each rear leaf in front of the axle binding the front of the spring pack together. makes it real resistant to wrapping up, which is good cuz i really don't have room for slapper bars (due to the 3" lowering blocks) and ladder bars just aren't in the budget at the moment.

oh yeah the ancient posi works pretty good:D