Register now to get rid of these ads!

would you banger??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DirtyWoody28, Jun 8, 2010.

1. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

I have been wanting to build a pre-war soup-job or gowjob and I can't decide weather I want to build my banger or my V8-60 any opinions? I know it is a lot of money to build a V8-60 but it is well worth it I think. The car is a 23 roundabout on a stock model a chassis. So the question is should I banger and if I do the V8 will the 38 trans bolt to the stock a torgue tube?

2. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Always love to see a hopped up banger...

3. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Run the banger and save the V8 60 for the next project.

4. 117harv

117harv

Build the banger.

5. Banger the V-8 60 would be way to expensive.

Then if you donate the V-8 60 to me I'll build the bike that my now deceised brother always wanted me to build for him.

A banger in a gowjob is the only way to go in my book. I like V-8 60s but for an original period correct pre-war gow job the banger has always been what I envisioned.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  6. mrforddude

mrforddude

Maybe you should ask her??

Seriously, what do YOU want? The only person your ever gonna make happy is yourself...so build it and they will complain...LOL

7. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

I don't know about a donation, but some banger speed parts would be nice haha

8. Sorry got side tracked. Sometimes I see V-8 60 and it brings back some of the better memories in my life. Dennis didn't leave me much but he had a tranny from a Lilac Sporster (very old shaft drive bike) and always wanted a V-8 60 bike built from it. This started way before you could buy a Boss Hoss.

Anyway now I'm hijacking your post sorry for the trip down memory lane.

I might know a fella that has some banger speed parts. Closest I could come would be to build you an intake or exhaust header. I might be willing to do that anyway, just to remember what I think I may have forgotten.

So you decided on the banger? Good decision in my opinion. I haven't built a flatty banger in a great many years but I have always liked to see what I could get out of half an 8 cylinder. Its a lot more work to make one scream but a lot more fun if you enjoy the journey as much as the destination (if you're a builder at heart).
    Edit:
    Maybe scream and flathead is an oxy-moron, but you know what I mean right?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  9. modelAsteve

modelAsteve

10. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

I think I'm gonna banger haha, I have always wanted to do an A or B motor, OHV conversion would be cool too, but I don't want to get ahead of myself on it. Pork, I'll probably take you up on the manifold offer, I'll send you a PM when I get there. There is a guy in a local model A club around here that has a Winfield head, that I would like to get off of him too.

The V8-60 has alot of uses, so it may go in my model A or a belly tank down the road.

11. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

12. Well the 60 was a little underpowered but I have always liked them for some reason. I'm not really a flatty guy although I have owned a couple of flatty powered cars & trucks.

I bought a V-8 60 boat motor once for 15 bucks. I was going to build myself a larger version of a skipjack and use the flatty for power. Had the skeleton of the boat built and another fella offered me an old motor cycle and 10 bucks for the motor.

Within a week the motor was in a T speedster. Still kickin' myself in the butt over that one.

Oh belly tank is an excellent idea.