Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where can I get this clutch ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by weim55, Jun 7, 2010.

1. weim55

weim55

I want to lose this heavy pedal borg beck pressure plate on my '60 Buick and go with a diaphram unit. I can't seem to find a diaphram plate that will work with the recessed stock 364 nailhead flywheel. The recess depth is .660". 11" Clutch. I don't care what the bolt pattern is, I'll redrill the flywheel if necc. 10 1/2 " would be OK too. Nothin' fancy here, just a stock replacement for a cruiser.

Ideas??

Thanks, Steve weim55 Colorado

Attached Files:

2. Maybe Fort Wayne Clutch.....Indiana I think...

3. dwcustom

dwcustom

Why not go hydraulic?

4. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

HYDRAULIC??!/ What? Pressure plate? Are we under the same Buick here?

5. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I dont think a diaphram will help you,when I went for a clutch for my 65 custom 500 the shop gave me a diaphram pressure plate and its alot harder then the 3 fingered pressure plate it previously had. Same with a friends 64 country sedan,the throw out bearing destroyed the diaphram pressure plate he had in it and he came up with a 3 fingered unit he forgot he had and it was alot easer to push in then the diaphram so I will never use a diaphram pressure again if possible.

6. F&J

F&J

That has been my experience also. I really prefer the finger style.

Is the pedal linkage or pivots binding ?

7. weim55

weim55

Not sure if we're on the same page here........ I've done an awful lot of clutch conversions and such and without exception diaphrams are always lighter on the foot. Surely someone has to make the pressure plate I'm after. BTW..... it's a factory 3 speed stick Buick. Stock linkage that I'll retain.

Thanks, Steve weim55 Colorado

8. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

And by the way that is a LONG style cover not Borg.

9. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I keep hearing they are easier on the foot but all the ones I had were the opposite,the 67 skylark GS 400 4 speed I had was the toughest of the bunch and hated to get caught in traffic in that one.

10. fasttimes

fasttimes
    from NC

Try calling Mike Hayes at Center Force Clutches in Prescott, AZ or Red at Mcleod Clutches in Placentia, CA. They are both very knowledgeable guys.