Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hamb T coupe club

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustycarr, Nov 26, 2007.

1. SOHC427

SOHC427

They are all a riot!
    Eric

2. carbon guy

carbon guy
    from indy

I just want to update this so here is the latest pic from HotRods and Hillbilly's
    [​IMG]

3. They are all drippin' w/ the cool factor, I need to start looking for mine?

4. Love him or hate him,,the late Boyd Coddington built one cool looking T before he died,,,

I really don't care for the quarter window modification but the basic car looks great and very hamb friendly. HRP

[​IMG]

Dannerr likes this.
  5. T42

T42

Damn, almost missed this thread....Count me in!! My first attempt at a T coupe was more then I could handle so I sold it off and started over again.
    First attempt....
    [​IMG]

After I sold that project I bought a much nicer body on Ebay from a guy in Witchita, KS. Then bought a frame from Spirit industries in Mountain Home, Arkansas.....Here are some pics of my current project. I really need to get back to workin on it too!!

Bringing the body home..
    [​IMG]
    The new chassis....
    [​IMG]
    Engine....
    [​IMG]
    How she sits today....
    [​IMG]

6. meatgrinder

meatgrinder
    from New Mexico

Im buildin my 27' coupe. only problem is i have never made a car groud up before and i dont know where to start on the frame.
    Any help would be much appriciated

7. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

hey meatgrinder, this is the way i do my frames...i decide what height i want my car to sit say i want it 4 inches off of the ground i set frame rails at 4 inches, then i take the rear end im going to use and decide what size tire, say i use 30 inch rires i set the rear end on stand with the center at 15 inches..then you can tell how high about the rear end to make the rar z in the frame..same goes for front axle too..and i usually start with the back half first...hope that helps

8. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Pretty much how i do mine too, i would add that they look better if the rails from the firewall forward are tapered in slightly, makes them not so heavy looking at the front, I use 3" x 1.5" x 1/8" wall box.

Here's a couple of semi naked pics of mine, hope it helps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. meatgrinder

meatgrinder
    from New Mexico

thank you for the help guys, most people i've asked just give me a bland measure and cut explanation.
    Much appriciated

10. oldskooloutlaw

oldskooloutlaw
    from Tulsa

Hows your stopping power with just the rears? I'm building a '41 fat fender coupe 60s gasser style with a tube straight axle and I'm not sure I have the stones for just rear brakes.

11. rotenjon

rotenjon

I was just back home in Minot N.D. and went to a scrap yard and found 4 coupes, i want to say it's called Nodak Klassics, im sure if you do a web search you will find it. good luck

12. Hellvedere Steve

Hellvedere Steve
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Coalfield

Here's my project, The Angel of Death, workin on the frame still. Hope to have it a roller this winter. Putting the 383 out of my 67 Belvedere in it, should be scary!

Attached Files:

• t.jpg
      t.jpg
      File size:
      52.1 KB
      Views:
  13. BigBlockT

BigBlockT

I want in here is mine 26 coup ,homemade frame with a 454, redy to start hanging doors but have no idea on hinges placement as far as how far out from the body does the hinge stick out ? my car did-not come with any so not sure a[​IMG]ny help would be great. thanks joe[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. BigBlockT

BigBlockT

I need measurements for each door hinge on on side of a car and some up close pics from the front and side thanks ([email protected])

15. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Here is mine.

Attached Files:

16. BigBlockT

BigBlockT

Can someone help please !!!!!!

17. Ralph

Ralph

For BigBlock T: The hinges are: top 3/4" out, middle 3/4" out and bottom 1 7/8" out from body side to hinge pin center. I just measured mine. Run a piece of rod down through all three to line them up, or the door won't work. Good luck! That'll be a scary fast ride when it's done. not much foot room either!
    Ralph

18. cloned clown

cloned clown

Count me in too!! I am building a '26 T coupe with a 394 Olds engine. It should scoot down the highway quite easily..... ;-)

Hope to have some pics to share soon...

19. Not mine... but these were at the HCPU a few years ago and really stood out to me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If any of you happen to need a windshield with frame pm me :)

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  20. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

Im a starter too.

Im down in New Zealand so tin t coupes are a bit scarce so mines tupperware.

Was built in the 70s by a teenage apprentice engineer (whose now 50 & living in California) so its got all the tell tale signs of that period - huge rake, rear tyres out past the guards, flake paint,burgandy & teal velour upholstery, and NZ copies of centerline rims.

Actually, its pretty cool, tho I cant get it legal with the tyres out past the guards, and some of of our rules on car building have superceeded what was cool back in the 70s. So we are having to update some of it and we are losing a bit of the original theme which is a bit unfortunate.

Will post a pikky or two when I figure out how to do that

Cheers
    Todd

21. rodrobb

rodrobb
    from Sweden

There are so many cool T coupes out there today, if you get the stans wrong they are ugly as hell but if you get it right noting beats a T coupe.
    Right ore wrong here is mine

Attached Files:

• 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      54 KB
      Views:
    Dannerr likes this.
  22. Scumdog

Scumdog

Who use to own it back in the 70's?:confused:

23. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

Was owned by Trevor Candler in Auckland Its the first tupperware T coupe built in NZ around 1978 or so.

Send me your email address Tom & i will shoot you some pikkys thru.

I habve no idea how to post pikkys on a message board

Cheers
    Todd

24. il6dime

il6dime
    from oklahoma

I have a 27 T coupe can I join your club guys. i dont have any pics as of right now but working on that right now. I was wondering what is the wheel base on some of yall cars. I'm wanting to go late 50 or early 60s style info would be greatly welcomed

25. Here are 3 future members. I still have 2 of them for sale.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      122 KB
      Views:
  26. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

Well heres my T coupe at Easter 2010.

Have lost the guards since, fitted up chromies & whitewalls & we are working on getting the rear sitting lower.

Will put up newer photo tomorrow

Attached Files:

27. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

And heres how it looks now.

Attached Files:

28. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

And from the front

Attached Files:

29. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

30. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

Hey guys, count me in. Drug this home two weeks ago. Will spend the better part of this year saving up some bucks and collecting parts. I will start a build thread when I have something meaningful to share. I can tell you, NO chop, low, and traditional.

Attached Files: