Register now to get rid of these ads!

O.T. Biggs Oregon yard of cars.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fleetliner, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Fleetliner

Fleetliner
    from Oregon

A friend was telling me that in the 90's he was driving a long haul truck in the northwest. He was telling me about a cut off road from Biggs Oregon to Spokane Wash. He says there was a yard out there that was full of 30's & 40's cars. We went all over that area on google earth and couldn't find it. Any one on here know of the place? He can't remember the road, but claims to have driven it many times and the cars were always there.

2. kiwiwilly

kiwiwilly

I think I have seen pics of this yard and a link to the google earth location
    on the NZ Hot Rod Magazine website. I will see if I can find the link for you

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Biggs probably means Biggs Junction where US 97 crosses the Columbia

He may mean my neighbors place which is 58 miles North of there but may be considered a scenic route on the way from Portland to Spokane.

It isn't a wrecking yard though but a private collection.

4. vtwinpartss

vtwinpartss
    from NOR CAL

My dad has a shop in Biggs junction, and he lives on the road you are talking about in Goldendale Wa, I will ask him. I lived out there in the late 80's and I cant remember any yard full of 30's 40's cars. I will call my dad and ask him.

5. Fleetliner

Fleetliner
    from Oregon

He said it was just a house, not a business. Said the road turn off from Biggs was lined with trees and then at one point as you came down a hill there were the cars, couldn't miss 'em.

6. rainh8r

rainh8r

It's a museum in progress according to the owner. A friend stopped in awhile back, and while nothing is for sale, they were very nice folks that were up for a trade or two if it was something they were interested in. It's right on 97, and you can't miss it.

7. vtwinpartss

vtwinpartss
    from NOR CAL

I just talked to my dad and he said there a few places on 97 on in biggs and one 60 miles north near toppinish and neither one will sell any of the stuff. My father used to work with the old man that has the yard near toppinish and the old man used to delliver cattle. Whenever he delivered cattle to a farm that had old tin laying around he would buy it. What you see from the road is his junk pile,,, you should see what is in the barn

8. 10secondA

10secondA

i drove through there with my family in about 93-94 when i was a little kid and i remember seeing the place your talkin about, any car guy that has seen it would know what hes talking about it was an awesome sight, ive told my friends about this place for years, i dont remember the exact location though, ill talk to my old man and see if he remembers the route we took

9. kiwiwilly

kiwiwilly

10. kiwiwilly

kiwiwilly

11. vtwinpartss

vtwinpartss
    from NOR CAL

The old man passed away a while ago and the son now has controll of the collection. The old man was told by the county, before he passed that if he starts selling parts off of the cars they would force him to obtain a zoning pertmit to change the land to a junk yard. The county has wanted the cars gone for a long time, but for now it is still considered a personal collection

12. bob3757

bob3757
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tigard, Or

I have been driving past the "collection' on Hwy 97, south of Toppenish, Wa. since 1962, and it looks the same now as it did in 1962. Bob

13. Flat_Broke

Flat_Broke

Yeah I drive past that one south of Toppenish quite often. Always wanted to stop and check it out but there's nowhere close to park an 18 wheeler

14. howco

howco

Gold.........