Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods LARS Question???? Registration????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Jun 2, 2010.

1. KIRK!

KIRK!

I'm a little confused. I've never been a participant at LARS, just a spectator, and I'm trying to figure out registration. I downloaded the sheet from their website and it has prices for everything but roadsters.

Is it free for roadsters?

Is there an actual registration form or do you just show up?

What am I missing?

2. Born a HotRodGal

Born a HotRodGal

Hey Kirk,
    They do not charge for the roadsters that are in the show. They are very specific on the cars that are for the show. I am sure they have the criteria on the site. And you just show up no pre register, once you park the car it stays till Sunday. Hope that helps..

See Ya There

3. I think its free for roadsters if they decide to let you in.

You shouldn't have a problem, but it depends on who is working the gate.

If not, there is another car corral by the swap area, which in my opinion has more interesting stuff to look at.

Dont get me wrong, I love 32 roadsters, but row after row of red 32's kinda wears on you..

4. Wikster

Wikster
    from Phoenix

Viva some young fresh blood inside LARS - I heard you get a fancy steak dinner too.

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

Wait, It stays in? I can't drive back to my hotel? If that's the case I don't know if I want to be waived in.

This will be my only mode of transport for the weekend...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. John Denich

John Denich

No you can leave! I know someone who came and went both days! unless its a new rule!

7. bonesy

bonesy

It's free for finished roadsters, and you take your car with you at the end of each day.

8. studhud

studhud

Was that thing an original roadster? Uh I could think itl be fine! I think they have a rule about that tho?? Dont know for sure. Look forward to seeing it al else fails park in the swap area with the "low brow crowd" tm
    Dave Hitch

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  9. Wikster

Wikster
    from Phoenix

Nah there's a mass exodus and re-entry every day, roadsters get a special line...

10. Wikster

Wikster
    from Phoenix

Double post my bad

11. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

I stay in an RV in the swap meet every year and I see the roadsters leave at night and come back in the morning. You are good to go.

12. 32-cabriolet

32-cabriolet
    from Gilbert Az

YES, it is free to roadsters, YES you can drive in and out each day, their rules are the car must have paint & upholstery...

13. cruzr

cruzr

I think it has to have paint to get in that area

14. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

GEEZ, I wonder where some of you get your "info" from???----But there again, thats how bad rumors get preference.---Terri, I'm surprised that either Andy or Sue hasn't told you all about our LAR fathers day show annually,---I can still remember Crow Canyon's rules(?) HA!----See you at your mom's booth!!-------Don

1. Must be a finished 1936 or earlier open car, (roadster,cabriolet,touring,convertible,phaeton). No admittance fee for driver & one (1) passenger.

2. "Finished" means no primer or spots of primer, shiny paint job, good upholstery, chrome ok, & general good appearance for public viewing.---Gate 17.

3. Above type cars will be registered to participate in the exhibition area & elgible to recieve an engraved English pewter mug at shows end on Sunday, Fathers Day in appreciation of the LAR club, for making the yearly event a success.---AND, yes you can drive out at Sat. for whatever reason---Just no cruising around INSIDE the Fairplex area.(Ins.liability)----Sunday is expected that the car remain in position all day.----Last year over 900!!!!

4. All other roadsters & cars will enter the gate for "Specialty Parking",(pre'75 cars only) here is where people will put cars up for sale, & park with friends,etc. Fee is 10.00 per car, 17.00 per person per day---Kids under 12 free.--Gate 15, off Arrow highway

5. Swap meet gate will be identified & usually a large line.---Gate 15--Each space is 20X15 First come, first serve basis.---65.00 each Sat.& Sun.----Sun. only 35.00.
    Fri--10am--4pm
    Sat. 6am--4pm
    Sun. 6am----?

Hope this will clear up ANY bum info!!!---------See ya there!-----Don

15. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Nice motor Kirk :)

16. uncle buck

uncle buck

What Daddy Don says sums it up

17. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Pretty sure you need to have shiny paint, but I have seen a few shiny aluminum bodied *special* roadsters in the show........one that I recall looked like it was out of Chitty Chitty Gang Bang......a BIG racing car looking thing........

And if you are a participant, they do serve you a dinner on the hill above the Fairplex........BBQ, baked beans, etc. and dessert.......for the driver and passenger........starts about 5:30 on Saturday.......

And you have to stay until Sunday to get your commemorative pewter mug as a participant.......

Hope that helps, Kirk.....

CB

18. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

KIRK... The Legion looks amazing,cant wait to see it.....
    driving in and out no problem.
    the legion should make a splash,and will be one of the cars that makes the show a little refreshing...see you there Brian

19. KIRK!

KIRK!

That's the info I had, it just seems odd that there is no mention of the admission price or process for roadsters.

20. Wikster

Wikster
    from Phoenix

Attached Files:

21. TOE

TOE

Whoa, I haven't heard of that movie...
    :D

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  22. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Shiny paint- no primer, no satin paint.
    Not sure you are getting in w/ those bare panels. They aren't painted.
    Their show- their rules. Don't be surprised if they waive you into the specialty lot.
    Get there early if you desire a good spot. You can leave & come back the next day- you don't have to leave your car but you can.
    On the mug- you must attend both days to get the mug. They give out the mug ticket on Saturday when you enter. You pick it up Sunday at 3pm. Never got mine last year- they ran out. And yes- they had my info.

23. Sure there's some red '32 roadsters, but there are plenty of roadsters in every year, color and style under the sun. Because a lot of these people have been coming for the last twenty years or so they may be driving the car they've had since the 70's, 80's or 90's. You make not care for their paint colors, wheels or style, but hell this is a historic event that has been going on since 1960! You can't get any more traditional than that, and its their tradition so respect it. Like most events, just look at what you like and walk by the rest. The swap meet is an event by itself plus the non-roadster cars out there are another great show in itself. I've never had a problem coming or going as long as I was parked in a spot that allowed me to get out easily. It is the best, no hassle show I've ever attended and have been treated great by its members every time I've driven through that gate. It's also the only show I've ever attended where it doesn't cost you a dime to be in with a cool pewter mug aand a free meal to boot. I also appreciate the fact that a lot of of these guys are in their 60's and 70's and standing out there all day in the hot sun isn't easy so don't bring an attitude, play by their rules and I'm sure you will be treated well. I wish I didn't have to miss it this year.:(
    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From LA Roadster Show and Road Trip 2007</td></tr></table>
    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From LA Roadster Show and Road Trip 2007</td></tr></table>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  24. KIRK!

KIRK!

I know we'll have fun no matter what. And I sure don't mind parking in the "other" lot. I was just curious because of the lack of info on their site.

25. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well put Jerry!!!----You are correct, every year we get older!---Thats why I'm renting a cart this year!
    Gonna miss meeting you, but your move to AZ. has its priorities!!-----Don

26. KillerKustom

KillerKustom

"LA Cabriolets"

27. KIRK! ... you just need to know where on their site to look ;) ...

LAR Show FAQs.JPG
    click to view LAR Show FAQs

28. KIRK! I'd be very surprised if your car wasn't allowed in. It is going to draw a crowd where ever it is though!

Hell, in 2003 Jay Leno drove the Blastolene Special in and it has no paint, just polished aluminum. And you are just as famous as he is!:D

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From 2003 LA Roadster Show Road Trip Grand Canyon Monument Vally</td></tr></table>
    <table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>[​IMG]</td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From 2003 LA Roadster Show Road Trip Grand Canyon Monument Vally</td></tr></table>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  29. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

It's NOT too late to change your mind !!

30. Kirk...you can always hang with us at Camp HAMB! I'll save you a spot if you want! You don't want to be inside with those cars anyways!!!! Not unless you're in a booth in the front! Otherwise,you are just another fancy car....There's MORE action outside anyways!!!!
    100 HAMBers signed the HAMB banner last year! It's not a small show!!!