Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Lowrider guys-Naked Lady Hubcaps?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Richard D, Jun 2, 2010.

1. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Good grief Richard, you do need to be gettin' those as I don't think you could handle it. I really think they are to suggestive for your tender mind. How about some nice baby moons, eh?

2. studhud

studhud

I got some of those even some NOS 14 inchers in the box article said that the lady floated and the cap went around I cal bullshit on that one!
    Dave Hitch

3. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

I don't think I've ever actually seen a car running the naked ladies.

4. kraka138

kraka138

the voodoo idol is running them[​IMG]

5. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Do the naked guy hubcaps double as curb feelers???

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

A few years at Paso I saw a car with exactly that. The lady stayed upright and the cap went round. It was kind of humorous to me.

7. studhud

studhud

I remember that car it wasn't these caps tho I think it was the trucker handle type ones?? You might know what I'm talkin about they are a bit bigger and the chick is posing a bit different. That is if I remember right!
    Dave Hitch

8. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I too have seen the lady hold still and the cap go around... Not this cap. You can buy just the lady, and apply her to the cap of your choice

9. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

HAHAHAHAH... That was funny!

10. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

Only when its really cold out !!!

11. ken1939

ken1939

That sound you heard was this thread falling off the curb in only 7 posts:rolleyes:

12. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I have a set of 4 NOS naked lady hubcaps in the garage somewhere.
    I first saw them at the 1980-something Fall Chicasha OK Swap Meet still in the original paper and boxes. Offered the guy $400 for them and he refused saying he just brought them for display. I offered $500 and he turned me down again.
    The following summer at the Oklahoma City NSRA Nats I saw a pickup in the Swap Meet with four of them loose. The guy came back an hour or so later and I got the caps for $60, same guy guy, same caps, no boxes, no wrapping, still nice but not perfect. DAMN!

Those which have rotating caps and stationary NLs are these caps modified. I have spoken to a few guys who were using them on pre-49 customs at other NSRA events over the years and was advised NOT to use them anywhere except cruising fairgrounds at low speeds. It seems they don't ride well at speeds above 10-15 mph due to rotating mass tearing them off and smash, bang, no more naked lady hubcap. None of them used them out back under the fender skirts because at least one of the set was destroyed from falling off.

13. DrJ

DrJ

Reminded of the words of wisdom;

"It's impossible to describe good taste to someone who has none."

14. tiresmokindad

tiresmokindad

Nice Naked Lady Hubcaps! I think it is okay to put in my car. So that I will be inspired. :D

15. kustomclassics

kustomclassics

I remember seeing Rudy Rodriguez's black 51 merc at Paso years ago with them on and they looked perfect on there.