Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Pedal Car Stroller suggestions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowchevypickup, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbarob

bubbarob

did some work on the tricycle today!

[​IMG]

with removable trailer
    [​IMG]

2. rapom

rapom
    from CT

Here is a 57 Chrysler 300 stroller I built for my oldest son. worked on it for a few years, going to shows in primer. It went over really well. Two years ago we painted it black and added the side moldings, made up from a '65 valiant and interior emblems from an '08 300. It rides on a custom frame and uses cut down go-cart wheels and big 'n little custom rubber.

Attached Files:

3. Here is my nephews 1950s tricycle. Custom paint and leather seat with his initials carved into the leather in old english.

The other bike is one I found at a garage sale for free!! Going to restore for another nephew of mine.

Attached Files:

4. there is some amazing pedal cars in here, cant wait to have a get so I can get the chance to make one of these!

5. beachbum39

beachbum39

Here is a stretched version I just finished for my twins, its rough but they'll probably beat it up anyway. Stretched 17 inches, made the wooden sides and added a second set of pedals.

Attached Files:

6. Malibob

Malibob
    from Pittsburgh

I am so happy I found this. I am expecting my first kid in October and can't wait to start making something to push him, her around in. Lots of great inspiration here. Thanks guys.

7. LOWLYDE

LOWLYDE

Heres my daughters 51 merc, fiberglass body home built frame with home made whitewalls, rolls with casters in rear she loves it would sleep in it if we let her!!

Attached Files:

8. I have been following this thread for a while now and have been inspired, it,s taken a little while but I have finally finished my boys car. Body is as it was in the 60's but has been completley stripped, re-upholstered and repainted etc. Now lets see if he can drive!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. I gotta know how you made the white wall and where you got the body!Is it a Gene Winfield?

10. BROKEN PEDAL CAR

BROKEN PEDAL CAR
    from Visalia CA

i have the same one...wicked carts 175.00

11. Mr Wicked

Mr Wicked
    from cali

did you get the seat yet????

12. James66g

James66g

Ok well mine is shot took it to a buddies spot and he says the metal is far to gone to weld or repair so I am looking for a new body

13. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

I saw this at Goodguys Scottsdale...looks comfy!

Attached Files:

14. KIRK!

KIRK!

Here is a regular pedal car and a push one I did for my daughter. She did some of her own chalk pinstriping on the hood.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. rokcrln

rokcrln

I started building this for my son about a year ago and have not had time to finish it yet. It is a half scale to a Roadster PU I am building so he can have his own to show next to Dad's. I hope to have it done so he gets at least one ride before he is too big. I am having a hard time finding the correct size wheels and tires for it now, 13" fronts and 15" rears.

Kevin
    LFD Inc.

Attached Files:

16. daddio211

daddio211

Koooool KIRK! She's a cutie!

Holy crap Kevin, that's BITCHIN! Will you adopt me? At 6' 1" and 210 lbs I'll need something closer to a 1:1 scale if you don't mind. :)

17. fbama73

fbama73

I was the last model/pedal car show director for the Indy Goodguys show before they tore down our building and the Goodguys never bothered to find us another place for the contest. In 2006, a nicely done traditional pickup pulls up out front of our building and pulls this out of the back.

[​IMG]

I immediately went outside and said "I sure hope you're bringing that one to the contest! That got a big ol' smile from him!

[​IMG]

The builder's name is Bill Rinaldi. Great guy, and a great metalshaper. I think he was pleased that I was a metalshaper as well, and was very interested in hearing the details of the build. Yeah, he left with two or three awards!

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

Wanna do it outside? There are no other buildings.

19. fbama73

fbama73

^ It's Indianapolis Raceway Park. There's dozens of buildings.

Believe me when I tell you that I understand that a model/pedal car contest is pretty small potatoes in the scheme of a GG event. And I also know enough about the crap that went down with the model/pedal car contest right before I got it. I know it almost died from a case of excessive bullshit. But dammit, I ran it pretty damned good. It was fair, we were friendly and treated people well. I busted my ass to be as non-needy and as little of a PITA as possible. I wanted the show to be on it's best behavior possible, and went to the trouble to only staff it with people who understood and were on board with that. And it just sucks that it's gone, now.

20. Chris 50

Chris 50

I'm part of Vintage Tin C.C. with Bill. He actually just called me the other day and said his grandkids were now too old for the roadster. So he askes if I'd like to use it this summer when I take my little ones out to some events. How could I say no to that? Great guy indeed. (The roadster may end up back to him with a few pinstripes though. :D) Oh, and he is here on the board.

21. Fibergless

Fibergless
    from Germany

22. BROKEN PEDAL CAR

BROKEN PEDAL CAR
    from Visalia CA

well lets keep this thread alive..
    [​IMG]
    By br0kenb20 at 2010-05-26

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as of today im working on frenching in some headlamps, mini chain steering wheel, exhaust pipes and the hood now opens for storage and has a mini battery for headlamps and under car neon, as well as a custom grille and cup holders.

23. BROKEN PEDAL CAR

BROKEN PEDAL CAR
    from Visalia CA

24. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Nice custom Trimex Caddy and great job on the custom frame. Looks like one of the reproduction bodies made in SoCal? The flame throwers are a nice unexpected touch also! Where did you get the hubcaps from? I assume they are 4" hubs?

When he gets too big for the pedal car version you might want to check out one of my bodies, they are much larger. They were originally gas or electric powered. Most adults can even fit in them!
    [​IMG]
    http://www.jrcentral.com

25. Amazing cars guys!!! Here is an unfinished project. Lautaro grew up a lot!!

Attached Files:

26. BROKEN PEDAL CAR

BROKEN PEDAL CAR
    from Visalia CA

i want one of these !!

27. Fibergless

Fibergless
    from Germany

Beautiful!! where can i find a seller able to sent a body like this to europe? All the ebay guys don't want to......
    a 55 , 57 or 62 Chevy body will be fine even used

28. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

They are larger than a normal pedal car
    [​IMG]
    Here is a story from Ford times magazine about the company that even shows the making of the original mold buck by Ford company stylists. I own the original factory mold to produce these bodies. The black body was produced from that mold.

I also own the factory mold for the 1957 Thunderbird jr that was used to make these http://www.matterhorn1959.com/blog1/thunderbirdride.jpg

and even the 1965-66 Mustang version factory mold from the Powercar company. http://jrcentral.com/forum/images/userpics/pic1392.jpg Shortly I will also have the 67-68 and 71-72 Mustangs also

29. BROKEN PEDAL CAR

BROKEN PEDAL CAR
    from Visalia CA

whats the price on the bird ?

30. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.