Register now to get rid of these ads!

Name Your favorite car(s) you no longer own

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dennis kirban, May 26, 2010.

1. dennis kirban

dennis kirban

Great read thus far on this thread...interesting enough I had one of the 63 black ford xls when they were new......as to the early tempest story those spring motors are quite rare.

The common thread is the sad fact we can't turn the clocks back. Even in the electronics age its probably tough to find where that favorite car or truck is today unless you retained the VIN number and a few other bits of info since the states probably are not much help for ones 25-35 years ago.

Definately a wide variety....

[email protected]

2. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

My 51 shoebox... And to think the guy who bought it had nothing good to say about it when he owned it!! WoW....
    I really miss that car but had to sell it to help my mom who was very ill at the time.

Buzz Bomb

Attached Files:

3. ford51

ford51
    from sweden

My54 sunvalley and the 55 customline 2d post.Time changes!

4. WOW! If it ran/drove half as good as it looks that buyer had to be a first class idiot.

5. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

my 4 corvettes i had .................... steve

6. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

69 Caddy hearse. Scared small children.

7. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Don't have to name it, it already has a name. The Peter beater.

8. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

17 years old,1975,I owned a 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS,454 LS6,4spd,12 bolt posi rear diff,black bucket interior with full gauge package and 8 track tape player,Gobi Beige with black ss stripes,Cowl Induction with a flap controlled by vacuum,Cragar SS wheels,L50 15 tires on the rear. Really miss that car. I had a lot of fun and good times and nearly crashed it several times and if I had,it would have been very bad at the speeds I was doing.

9. Barn-core

Barn-core

Believe it or not it was a '62 Mercury Comet 4 door. It was a real low buck turd, but with the straight piped six and three on the tree it was a blast to drive. Also my '57 Chevy 150 2 door, warmed over 283, muncie 4 spd, tourque thrusts.

Attached Files:

10. Greg'Hel

Greg'Hel
    from Iowa

So far, the 68 plymouth I use to own. Had a slant 6, I drove it daily, even a couple of winters without the heater core. I sure do miss it!
    68 Plymouth.jpg

11. Kinky6

Kinky6

Really just two cars. The first was a '66 Mustang coupe, 200 six w/ un-syncro first 3 speed. Bone stock, nothing special, but I had a lot of fun in it anyway. Had it around '74-'76, let it go to my younger brother.

In its place I got my mom's old '59 Ford Ranch Wagon. Two tone green, 9 passenger, 332" V8 w/auto. I thought it looked kind of cool and yet goofy at the same time. I was in college 300 miles from home, and it would haul a lot of stuff. Finally let it go because of transmission problems. I didn't know enough at the time to have it swapped over to a 4 speed. :confused:

What drives me nuts about not having it anymore is when I saw this pic:

Attached Files:

12. RickyD

RickyD
    from SW WA.

67 GTA Mustang FB with factory air, consoles, factory Cal. smog pump, 3904v:(:(:(

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

14. 28 chevy

28 chevy
    from NE Pa

'76 camaro, 305 3 speed
    Not a racer but pretty cool

15. 1957Custom

1957Custom
    from Tulsa Ok

I really miss my 1970 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler. It was a 429 Super Cobra Jet 4-speed 4.30 Drag Pack car, Ran low 13's stock

16. little skeet

little skeet
    from huston

The year...1962...

I miss my 1954 @ door hardtop Chevrolet. I had an Eldorado V-8 with dual fours and the batwing oil bath air cleaners. A Cad Lasalle 3speed, 57 Chevy rear axle. The body was fully customized. Molded in 55 Pontiac bumpers front and rear, the door handles removed and opened by solenoids. The hood and trunk shaved, headlights frenched, the hood filled in and rounded, the grill completely remolded with all the teeth that couldbe put in it, all white tuck and roll interior and Chrysler batwing taillights cut and molded into the rear fenders..all of this with Candy Apple Blue paint job. It was a real girl getter!! But gas mileage was really terrible!!
    Wish I could fin it.

17. Rrumbler

Rrumbler

'51 Ford 2 dr. sed., '57 Chevy, '57 Chevy, '64 Pontiac LeMans, '62 Corvair (Bride's car), '64 Corvette roadster, '68 Chevelle SS 396 (first family car), '70 Chevy Kingswood Estate wagon - a good big car, '77 Olds Cutlass Salon - a great long distance cruiser, several good trucks that helped me make a living. Since about '92, though, even though some of them were good cars, there has been nothing that I really miss. I still have my '59 Chevy pickup, had it since '71.

18. 33cruiser

33cruiser

I really miss my 51 Vic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

Yeah that is what I thought! and it ran like a champ!!!

20. I guess I missed my very first car the most.I shared a 56 Fairlane 2dr with my sister in high school.Loved the car but didn't have the money to hot rod it much,just put bucket seats and a floor shift in it is about all.Sold it when I went overseas in 68.I miss the next car I had also.1966 Fairlane XL 390/4speed.Had so much fun with that car,got married and drove coast to coast in it.I regret selling my 1932 5window the most.Thought I had lost interest in hod rods and sold it for a mere pittance.I was wrong.Still love hot rods.Got divorced and had to sell my 59 Vette,that is regrettable too.I don't sell anything I like anymore.I will just hoard them.;)

21. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

My black 72 Chevelle with black bumpers ,Hand sanded the chrome off .No vinyl top ...Halibrandson the rear and torque thrusts up front and black interior with racing seats and my 66 lemans console with a B+M shifter Powered by my 327 which I still own after 20 years and going in my roadster.....

22. N8B

N8B

The first car/truck I ever built was a 1952 Chevy pickup. I was 14.
    Had to sale it when the parents decided to move..
    I guess thats why I own three of them now.

23. 34 3 window, but that was only 2 years ago, i didn't have the funds to fix it correctly so i sold it to a good guy who has almost got it back together.

24. DAVEG2

DAVEG2

'55 Chevy 350 4 speed. 56 Chevy convert.

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I know it's O/T, but that shoebox has the best chop ever... period! Now my list. brief, but sad. My '35 5 window, I know where it is, but can't afford to buy it back. My '39 deluxe coupe, 283 chev, weird reverse pattern 3speed, '57 chev rear end, Cragar s/ss. Sold it for 2750.00 in late '81, and watched the new owner roll it over a week later. Everything else I've loved I've kept.

26. Jeffrey James, the Hussy is very cool, a lot of attention to detail by the looks.

I really miss this one most.......390 / 4spd toploader.......still can't figure exactly why I sold her.....a momentary lapse of reason I guess.:(

Attached Files:

27. 63dan63

63dan63

67 Chevy II 2dr ht. I love the clean, crisp body lines.
    Thank you for asking,

28. dennis kirban

dennis kirban

Getting a wide variety of vehicles to my thread. Judging from the time frames and age it appears many of you are about my age early 60s....

Nobody is really listing any late 1970s or early 1980s as a car of choice. They were some lean times for the automakers as performance took a back seat and it took awhile before those 5 mph bumpers looked like they blended into the front ends and back ends.....

[email protected]

29. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

The 31 A I had in the early 50's and the 34 I had in the late 50"s also the white 56 that was park next to the 34. Tow car

Attached Files:

30. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

I miss my 59 Nomad. Its the only car my wife cried about when it was leaving...
    And I miss my 53 suburban. I guess because it was the only car we've owned where it was a bone-stock original and we built it.
    And my 54 Chevy truck. Because I just liked it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]