Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Tach Collectors Show and Tell

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scottrod2, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Here is an older Argo tachograph I found. It records info on a chart inside the tach. Used on big trucks. The center of it is a clock.

Attached Files:

2. weim55

weim55

Not tryin' to be a smart ass here......really.....

I sure pretended this was a tach as I went through the "gears" on my Sting Ray. It's the only part I have left from that old bike. My first set of wheels, I was 10 years old....

Attached Files:

3. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

JEEZUM CROW!!!! is that an honest odometer reading on your stingray speedo?:eek:

4. johndanger

johndanger

My favorite right now.

Attached Files:

5. Muttley

Muttley

I have one.

falcongeorge likes this.
  6. Randy P

Randy P
    from Austin, TX

This is an Airguide Scat Tach, anyone know anything about it? It's still in the cardboard display, reads "Helps you really GO", "Accurate, Transistorized, Illuminated". Chrome plastic body and chrome is a little deteriorated. Looks very '60s to me, maybe '70s? I think Airguide made speedos for boats, so maybe it's marine?

Attached Files:

7. yoyodyne

yoyodyne

Do you mean this one?

[​IMG]

In this case, Stahl is Stahl and Associates, a speed shop in York PA, Not directly related to Jere Stahl or Stahl headers, who is also located in York. IIRC, ther was a family conntecion, don't remember exactly.

8. I'll play along...finally got around to doing the install along with some cleaning & polishing;

Model D-3 tach (only seen 1 other 5k model D tach with the red numerals)
    [​IMG]

Model E-2 Transmitter...wiring & connectors are original (with the exception of the engine ground wire)
    [​IMG]

Yup, uses a D-cell battery for power.
    [​IMG]

Stamping on rear of transmitter...I have been told that this may be a date code...I purchased the tach together with the transmitter as a matched set, stamping on the rear of the tach is "150". Possible manufacture date 1950???
    [​IMG]

9. bbc nova

bbc nova
    from Minnesota

Hello

Any idea what this tach is or what it’s from? There is no manufacturer, numbers or identification on it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

did you pull the rear off? should be some markings inside. some pics of one i recently picked up.

Attached Files:

11. bbc nova

bbc nova
    from Minnesota

Still no markings. Id like to sell it but want to get an idea of its value first and what to list it as. Was told it works but havent verified yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  12. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

66 Chevelle "knee knocker" It mounts under the dash to the right of the steering column. They used to be pretty costly. I believe that different engines used different red lines but I don't know which red line is correct for which engine. Check on some Chevelle sites. It does not need a sending unit. I paid 200 bucks for one to use on my 66 SS396 convertible many years ago. I'm not certain but I think they started to repop them. I found one a couple of years ago real cheap and did pretty well on Ebay.

13. chryco

chryco
    from Winnipeg

My Stewart Warner mechanical tach , from the late sixties , to mid seventies .
    I have a S/W and of the same tach in the Sox and Martin 68 Cuda Super Stocker .
    Chryco

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  14. chryco

chryco
    from Winnipeg

Here it is ...............

Attached Files:

15. maniac

maniac

Heres 2 I have, don't know which sender goes with what tach, don't know if they work either

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

I got this one from Don montgomery at a swap meet... Ive always loved the DANGER!!
    20100822145732.jpg

17. Does this tach take a sender? I just picked up a similar one this weekend. It appears to be date coded 5/63. p/n 810750.

18. Bump once for info please, before I Pm.

19. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

Since this thread is back up I'll run a question....I have always liked the old EELCO "silver faced" gages but have never seen a matching tach or speedo and don't see where they were offered in any of the the old catalogs. Seems kind of crazy that they would produce a complete line of gages and not offer these. Heard a rumor that a couple were spotted at the Pomona swap a few years ago, but they may have been custom made/silk screened.

Anybody..........?

20. Any idea of the year of this Dixco ? It's in the henry j I just bought and not sure if it even works since the car has an HEI dist. in it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

22. MotoArts

MotoArts

I'm sure the 5K is a marine unit, but have no idea on the 10K...
    And does it require a sender?
    Anybody know?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Back side of the 10K:
    [​IMG]

23. volksjunky

volksjunky

I'm pretty suprised to not see another Moon here,my father gave this to me last summer.I have no idea how old it is.
    [​IMG]

24. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

My collection thats not in anything yet. I have one of the 8000 rpm long tachs in my hot rod roadster,that is driven from the dist with an extension under the cap as shown in one picture. Gary :)

Attached Files:

25. memaerobilia

memaerobilia

Here are two old oddball tachs. First one is a 3 1/4 inch mechanical Jaeger 0 to 15,000 with the tach drive cable. Second one is a 3 inch General Electric 0-9000 tach from U.S. Navy Aero, in really nice condition.

Attached Files:

26. Fast67VelleN2O

Fast67VelleN2O

Actually your Jaeger tachometer does not go up to 15,000. It goes to 1,500 rpm. Your numbers on the tach face get multiplied by 100.

27. memaerobilia

memaerobilia

Thanks for pointing that out..Looked at them too quick, I guess. I was thinking the "X 100" was for each incremental line on the dial. So I guess the other G.E. one (marked in small print on the dial as "100 RPM" only goes to 900 rpm? and must be for something very small & slow? As I said..."oddballs."

28. yoyodyne

yoyodyne

I still have this one. Cable drive Jones Motorola w/telltale.

[​IMG]

falcongeorge likes this.
  29. nybronc

nybronc

any of you guys know of a chrome mechanical tach, we are building my sons chevy and would like preferbly a moroso chrome with tell tale if poss.? thanks, newyorkbronc

30. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Late '60's, early '70's VDO. No sender required, 6 or 12 volt, + or - ground, 4, 6 or 8 cylinder, wrinkle finish aluminum cup, ball and socket mount. Will one day reside on the dash of my '40 Chev coupe with 292 inline 6.

Attached Files: