Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The First Annual Meatheads Pig Roast - Austin, TX - Sunday May 23

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by McTullis, May 5, 2010.

1. borndead327

borndead327

what a freaking blast.............im in a pork coma

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

3. Kat

Kat
    from Austin, TX

That was the best pig skin I ever ate! Like candy, it was.

4. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

What a blast!Thanks to everyone for coming out.We need to do that more often.Thanks to Gregg and Shawna for being great hosts

5. seatex

seatex

The Austin Meatheads RULE! It was an abso-freakin-lutely GREAT way to spend a Sunday! Great food, great people and some great hot rods and Customs!
    Gregg, thank you to your and your wife for the hospitality, you've got a beautiful place in them thar hills!
    My hats off to the Meatheads, you guy's put on a feed that will not be soon matched!
    YOU GUYS ROCK (and so did the band!)!

6. BLAKE

BLAKE

This was really a mind-blowing event... seriously. The amount of effort that the Meatheads and our gracious hosts, Gregg, Shawna, and Georgia, put into this deal is really sorta hard to comprehend... BUT, the bottom line is that it was an incredible afternoon and we're really grateful for what they did! So much amazing food... poolside... a band rocking the patio... with 80-100 good friends... wow.

Hopefully we'll see some pics soon, but doubt they'll do it justice... this was one for the books!! Thanks, guys.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  7. borndead327

borndead327

meatheads por vida

8. L.A.W.

L.A.W.
    from Austin

Thank you Meatheads!!!! You guys are so great and we appreciate all the hard work that went in to putting this event together. Also, Gregg, Shawna & Georgia - thank you so much for your hospitality. We always feel at home when we are with you and enjoy ourselves so much we don't want to leave!!! Mr. Eighmy being there was the icing on the pig for me. HA!

One last thought...to all the haters (you know who you are) one word: AUTOFUCKINGMATIC!!!! :D

Again, thanks to all. This town and the people in it ROCK!

Cheers
    Laura

9. guitarmook

guitarmook
    from Austin, TX

I'll add our thanks - both to all the Meatheads who did so much work getting the meat ready - excellent job, y'all! - To the hosts, thanks for having us!, and to everyone who brought all the extras and filled the tables... it was a very good day...

a few pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

What a great day! The line of cars was awesome to see and be part of, the meat! oh man the meat..the great place, great friends, good fun, drinks, and the pool! Thanks to my fellow Meatheads who went beyond the call of duty on this shindig, thanks to the hosts for putting up with the hooligans! Good times! It was great seeing kids and adults alike having fun on the hot wheels track...going to be some serious competition at the next race!

11. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

[​IMG]Guest of Honor.We miss you already good buddy:D

12. geemann51

geemann51

Well, I only got to say it once this weekend, so let me say it now for the record and get it out of my system

“I got the pig in the ground and the beer on ice, cause’ all rowdy friends are coming over tonight”.

Wow what a pig roast. Thanks to all that came out, thanks to Javier & Jack, John, Sean, and the rest of the Meatheads for putting this on and helping out like you did. Not only did we throw one heck of shin dig, but I had fun with you guys making the project happen. Feel free to start scheduling #2…. Thanks to Rick for bringing the porta-potty; your number one in the number two business! Thanks to everyone that brought ice, beer, and the scrumptious sides to share and driving your cars out and giving my neighbors something to gawk at. Thanks to the Jeremy’s for parking the cars as they came in, that was a huge help. A very special thanks to the Lenny, Cid, and Vic of the Rockville Blues Band for rockin' us pool side. Pretty cool seeing Chris Layton sitting in on a few tunes too, thanks to Cam and Blake for pointing that out. Thanks to Mark Ford for holding my dog, I forgot to come back and tell you the gates were closed. Thanks to my good friend and neighbor Greg Nesbitt for helping to construct the pigonator and loaning us the back hoe to get the “pig camp” set up. Thanks to my Dad for driving down from Joplin for this and helping out. On a side note, I took him to the Alamo and lunch at Mi Tierra’s on Friday before the madness started, it’s been forever since we just got to hang out and get caught up, so not only will I remember the Alamo, I’ll never forget how cool it was to have you around for this. And last but not least, thank you to my lovely wife, Mrs. Eighmy for going along with this, being married to you is really, really, fun.

A few pics….

Introducing the PIGONATOR…
    [​IMG]
    A pig in the box….
    [​IMG]
    Check out the wheels, even the pit was a kustom…
    [​IMG]
    Javier just called “They’re five minutes out”!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    DW and El Spanky power parking…
    [​IMG]
    Javier and Jack leading the pack…
    [​IMG]
    Is this was the key lime pies showed up in?
    [​IMG]
    Rolling in….
    [​IMG]
    …and they kept rollin’ in…

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hot Rod Bill
    [​IMG]
    VIP Parking…
    [​IMG]
    What would a car event be in Austin without a few Yay-Hoos running amuck?
    [​IMG]
    Cars…
    [​IMG]
    Cars…
    [​IMG]
    And more cars…
    [​IMG]

Slimegreeen and Drew Day leading the buffet conga….
    [​IMG]
    Party on the patio…
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  13. geemann51

geemann51

Fun in the sun...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The band was perfect for this....
    [​IMG]

See y'all next year....

14. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

Great photos!As far as planning #2 lets do it.just today we started throwing around the idea of building a custom trailer pit shaped like the Meatheads logo:D.Should interesting.What a party!!

15. Colombo

Colombo

I had a great time and so did the wife and the little one. GeeMann thanks for letting us into your home. Javier, you are the man at cooking up some Pig, but I loved the brisket the most. It sure was a blast and can't wait till #2.
    I forgot to buy my shirt. Is there any left?

16. Slonaker

Slonaker

I can't believe I missed this! :) Next year...

Slonaker

17. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

Haha!! Haters?!? More like drunkards!!

Thanks To Gregg and his family for letting all us hoodlums crash his party and to his neighbors for not calling in the SWAT team. The Meatheads are the best, thanks guys for all the amazing meats, I have never been so proud to be a carnivor!!!

18. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Big "Thank Yall" to Gregg and his family, The Meatheads and all others who put this on. Lenny and his bros were kick ass, we need to see more of them around town. It was another great day to live in Austin, Texas, not only do we love hot rodding, we love being at the top of the food chain!!!!

19. McTullis

McTullis

What an awesome, awesome event. I can't thank Gregg and Shawna enough for hosting us and welcoming the entire Austin hot rod community into their home. Big ups to Javier for commanding the logistics of the day...there wasn't a single hitch and the food was perfect. Thanks again to Sean for wrangling pigs and being there helping every step of the way. Proud to call you guys and everyone else that was there friends. It was all smiles, full bellies and hot rods sittin out in the sun. That's what the Meatheads is all about.

20. We had a GREAT time!!!

All the meat groups were covered and the key lime pie was excellent!!

Thank You to everyone to making this happen.

-Jason

21. McTullis

McTullis

I didn't get too many pics of the cars and attendees but here's some pics from the meat side of things:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

[​IMG]Very proud of my son Jack for all his help with tending two fires and helping to baste the pigs.Meathead in the make if not already

23. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Uh. Where the hell was I?

24. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Too far away for ya ?

25. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

You couldn't hear it or smell it from across yonder way?

26. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

didnt you get your email invite:confused:

27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I didn't, but Greg told me about it a few weeks earlier... I brain farted and forgot until about 3pm... By then, I figured you all were gone. Of course, I had a BD party to attend that night and on my way I looked down to see a street full of hot rods.

I'm so damned lame.

28. geemann51

geemann51

Plenty of leftovers, c'mon over for a turkey sammmitch'....

29. geemann51

geemann51

Your boy is an amazing young man andf I am honored to have spent some time with him this weekend. Nesbitt jusy came buy to pick up some stuff and he and my pop's were all talking about what a special, unique, incredible boy Jack is. You done good Javier, he's a keeper :)!

30. BLAKE

BLAKE

Jack was great... when we left, he was just sorta veg'd in a chair... wiped out... in his dirty, smoky, sweaty T-shirt. You could tell he'd had a full day!