Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. do u sell any of this in the states

2. sled

sled

Mark,is stated above...Colima!

3. sled

sled

Jandl,Yes....i do sell worldwide ,no problem.Any deal takes a different logistcs according where the buyer is located.
    To me its way easier to put the car/s in a container and send em over,regarless of customer destination

For US guys a container is un-necessary cause the shortest distances most of the times.So i have ground shipping logistics in place,sending via towtruck /flarbed to the closest US border or at customer's door destination ,depends what they are willing to pay...is a full plan that has to be organized case by case...but no problem at all.

NO fees for you US/canadian guys to pay ,at all....is perfectly legal to rempatriate an old US made car back home,easy as that.

Mexican papers work prefectly worldwide too...i exported more than 100 containers myself,im talkin by direct experience.

Got tons of positive feedback also among Hambers worldwide.

Anyway,PM me if you want to know more,glad to answer...Sled

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  4. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Well,some more junk abandoned in Colima...a 57 New Yorker coupe among others.There were a number of cars also in the woods but mostly late 60's stuff..and the grass was vey high,hot like hell...so i did'nt want it to go messin around...Done with this place,let's move over on the next adventure....have fun , Sled

Attached Files:

5. ChrisinPhilly

ChrisinPhilly

Is the owner selling the airflow?

6. sled

sled

Chrisin,not sure ...i have to ask Chui the owner about the Airflow...let me call him and find out...thanks Sled

7. howco

howco

The side windows on the hearse are insane........Munsters car......Helped a buddy finish his Caddy hearse last year, he asked me for a custom plate idea, I came up with 'dirtride', the Wa Dot had it available..........

8. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Wow--I want that safe! Except for the fact that it probably weighs 47,000 pounds. Any more pix of it? What a beaut, though. It's kind of shaped like my Vornado fan.

9. i guess i should head south of the border, man thats some nice stuff you have there sled

10. sled

sled

Theo,sorry....i dont have any other pics of the safe.I just checked my camera and nope...
    There is a plate on the bottom with all the builder infos and dates plus patents of that age...impressive thing ,no doubt.
    I read em but honestly i dont remember the builder company.Its american anyway.

11. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Wow, Sled, thanks for the quick reply. Hope you're having a good night. You're doing the Lord's work down there.

Another question for you: in post #1286, I thought I saw a couple of milk truck wheels. Is that right--is that what they were? Not sure if you laid your hands on 'em or not.

Thanks! Keep on doing a great job--and save me a '36 three-window for 10 years when maybe I have some money!

Theo

12. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

This more-door is super cool--partly 'cause everything looks lower on flat tires!

I tell ya, though--how much WOULD this sucker cost to drag up to L.A.? I have to wonder. Makes me wish I had a truck!

13. sled

sled

If you talk on the 36 Ford moredoor is matter to buy it and put in a truck and send it way north...is in south Baja California ,close to San Jose' del Cabo ...but there are plenty empty trucks they go back north,so no big deal sendin it to Tijuana area,and from there pick it up,easy...

Well,my intention on that thing is slightly different..since the metal is sound and perfect i would cut it ,use the whole chassis and front end plus all floors to get a rusty 3 window coupe in shape...and keep the nice flattie with those cool Weiand heads too...give away the rest ,i dont need it...but its far away,so i honestly i have no idea if will be for sale...have'nt asked yet!Too much junk,no time for all...sled

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  14. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Well,something cool that recently came up...been couple months ago with my fellow hot rodders in DF (Mexico City) for the usual lunch every thursday in a spanish owned restaurant.They meet there since 40 years ago.What a gang...
    When im in DF i try to not miss this meeting with these young fellas...im the youngest one,average age here is 65/80 and even more...but these young fellas have seen and lived some wild stories,i tell ya....

So ,one of em, Alfredo (nicknamed Clay Smith ) wich in his good days was quite a good racer and a mechanical wizard mentions to me if i want a 36 roadster ,that showed up in town...not really for sale but the guy who owns it is more into 50's street rod stuff...so ,he might be willing to trade or sell ...

Well,yeah,sure...let go take at look at it...so next day is when i took these shots...liked the car quite a bit,very solid,almost all complete altought not shows in the pics it was and well...what to do??
    I tought for some time,car was not advertised anywhere and it will never be so after a month i went back there,set a price with the actual owner wich i knew from years before and we struck a deal...shipped the car home,like 400 miles away and tought what's next...the idea was immediately to build up a mild custom,trad style...

Then i realized i have already a good number of restorations on the go...a bit too much.So some of you remember that i put if for sale here in the Hamb classifieds...and quickly sold it was.
    A kiwi Hamber had a pal that really want it...he flew all over from New Zeland to Mexico for just 3 days and that was good fun...Thanks for coming a long way ,Wayne!

A friendly deal was made and after been paid car was loaded in a 20" container and off to kiwiland..actually as we speak is almost arriving in Auckland, early june,after almost 2 months in the ship.He cant wait ,im sure..

Why i bore you with all this story??Cause you met fantastic people worldwide playing with this junk...Human stories that will never happen otherwise.
    So,im grateful and feel lucky that i had the chance to rescue this thing and many others down here....life has values fellas,real ones!Have fun out there...Sled

PS.almost forgot...of course Alfredo had his well deserved fee...thanks bro!!

Attached Files:

15. haychrishay

haychrishay

It's a 47 Cad

16. sled

sled

Nope...as Reverend stated above it's a 42 Miller...2 or perhaps 3 worldwide custom made by Miller in Bellefontaine,Ohio.100% original still

The mexican VIN plate was stating 1947,probably because was imported later in Mexico.Tipycal mistakes on dates on early days,very common.

A rare one,no doubt....Sled

17. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Updatin time fellas...quite busy moving all over recently and seems that i cant keep it up but great fun indeeed...
    Been recently to a VW show with some pals o mine and during the show a guy approached Pepe,one of my pals and while chattin about cars the kid said that he owns a 57 Lincoln....well,what kind then??Probably a junk project ,Pepe tought...guy showed some cell pix and that's what came up...a 57 Premiere vert in great solid conds and fully running !!Wow,unexpected ,no less!Pepe called me right away and we've been off to check the car out... Guy said he'll might sell it,needed some cash to move on other stuff....well,guess what??Im dealin it as we speak.
    This car was belonging to a Japanese ambassador in DF ,then sold couple times but still very complete and restorable,wich i intend to do if i'll get it...as far i know it's the only 57 Premiere vert in Mexico...i did had 56 verts time ago but never a 57...
    Worth it to bring it back to life,no doubt.....sled

Attached Files:

18. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    On the way from the show we stopped in and there checkin out some more cars that we had some leads of...some still there,some alreday gone but worth it to check em out....you never know if the good one is behind the scenes...
    That yellow Mercury wagon was very complete and from time time has been vandalized...too late now!
    The A sedan has been burned down but luckily nothin major....there are way too many A Ford stuff around Mexico but when we came to 32 to 34 they drastically drop down in numbers,very hard to find em.....sled

Attached Files:

19. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Well,i do know a lot of stuff around and sometimes the circle closes itself...i knew this 40 De Luxe convertible since couple years but i totally forgot about it cause it was in poor shape the first time i saw it...it was belonging to a guy i knew and by chance i met him again recently so he told me that he sold this 40 vert to a customer that want to have it fixed but without the right vision a damage can easily be done....this guy wanted a stupid Jap straight engine on it mated with a jap tranny ,so they cut inner fenders and part of the firewall to adapt this shit on it...amateur job to a very valuable car.
    It makes me wantin to buy it back and fix it but i cant save em all ...is not about the money but man o man,makes me sick to see such shitty jobs....you cant buy common sense!!
    Til the next one .....sled

Attached Files:

20. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

I just spent a good hour looking at this thread again. WOW

21. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

the cad is bad.....

22. Magnus B

Magnus B

Mesasge from Sled:
    Something classy here...a pal o mine recently being lucky and bought from the daughter of an old collector wich unfortunately passed away couple years ago.Guy had great taste.Many bikes also in his stash...Indians,brit stuff,BMWs and such...so he made a package lot for a reasonable price all included with this 50 Jag XK120 roadster...despite the pics is almost complete and the drivetrain is already under rebuilding...im helpin him with the restoration cause i love such lines.Car will be done the highest standards....drop dead gorgeus lines altought im not a fan of brit stuff....great design!

Attached Files:

23. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    This 46 Ford vert is a great running car despite the unfinished look...flattie powered and brand new white tuck n roll custom upholstery as requested by the customer....it's has been already sent to Sweden last month and will be ready to enyojed in few days by the owner...Container almost arrived there....Plan to be in Scandinavia myself for the car/bike/music events soon ,to have some fun with many pals there and meet many customers of mine too.

Attached Files:

24. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    Exotic stuff today....from the same lot that my pal Arthur bought togheter with the XK120 roadster it was this 62 Alfa Romeo Giuletta Spider vert,...1300cc DOHC with 2 big Webers on the side.Cool italian sporty car,known for theier brisk performance...all original exept a respray dome long ago...very easy to restored this one.It's got the front grill too...Arthur,you did well ,no doubt....

Attached Files:

25. Magnus B

Magnus B

From Sled:
    Ok fellas,time to post some bike stuff too...well,since there are many knowleadgeable guys here on the Hamb lets have some fun...wich kinda bike would be this one then???For some this will be easy to reckon...i know we are on the cars side here but such powerfull stuff is appreciate it here too... As soon answers will be in i'll filling in couple more details (and pics)..Enjoy! .....Sled

Attached Files:

26. sled

sled

Nobody wants to play here???

27. dentisaurus

dentisaurus
    from Boston

Might be a Vincent

28. druids62

druids62

PLAY? Every time I see your or Magnus B post on here I start to salivate. I just want to visit and buy you a couple of rounds of 1800 tequila or Dos Equis!!! Thanks very much for the stories and the photos! Love it.:)

29. Magnus B

Magnus B

Message from Sled:
    You see...not even fun playing here.The first one won, Dentisaurus, congrats!! Yep,a 48/49 Vincent Rapide 1000cc,same owner for 50 years and never been on the road yer since then...complete but apart,owner knows every part of it around his messy house.Bike is all over the place but he's already more than 70 years old and obviously he'll never fix it...so,im workin to get this one hopefully....a hot rod on 2 wheels here!!!Impressively fast bikes for the age and still are....

Attached Files:

30. sled

sled

Hey Druids62,thanks for the tequila offer but is better that you fly down here and we'll have a toast locally...good tequila is cheap around here,Jalisco province is where tequila comes from so you'll have great choices too...thanks for the kind words too..glad you guys are havin fun,that's what is all about ...