Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sheetmetal in Beaumont/ Houston area in TX?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SpazTaztic, May 21, 2010.

1. SpazTaztic

SpazTaztic

The smallest I seem to be able to find in my area is 16ga galv. sheetmetal. Anyone know of and dealers in the area for some 18ga?

2. 210Spencer

210Spencer

16ga is usually the cutoff for most suppliers i've tried. Have you looked up Alamo Ironworks in SA?

3. GaryC

GaryC

depending on the size of the piece you need, some Menards and Home Depots stock a pretty decent selection of 18 & 20 gauge cold rolled. I've lucked out in the past and been able to pick up 2'x3' sheets of cold roll 18 gauge from them.

That said, I've noticed it is total hit or miss and really depends on the store. Some have crap for steel stock, the menards they built up the road from me now has a huge selection of the stuff, where the old one it replaced had next to nothing. And the one a city over, also has next to nothing.. so it does vary.

4. abone1930

abone1930

5. SpazTaztic

SpazTaztic

Thanks guys! Yeah locally they mainly have the thicker stuff because of the refineries, plants, and mills in the area. Funny thing- I work at a steel mill but we only make coiled rod and rebar... nothing that I need haha. I will check those out- thanks again for the info guys!

Spaz

6. SpazTaztic

SpazTaztic

I havent checked the SA area yet. I was hoping there was something closer within a couple of hours.

7. MyDeSoto

MyDeSoto

This is the place I have bought from in the past. Usually have just about anything I need, and most thicknesses.

Diamond Sheet Metal Inc 7009 Hirsch Rd Houston TX 77016-6854 tel;713-631-0330

~MyDeSoto~

8. SpazTaztic

SpazTaztic

Reliance has 18ga 4x10 cold rolled for $90 there in Humble. Just got off the phone with Jason.

9. tcnotch

tcnotch
    from Toxic City

You should be able to find it in Beaumont. Have you tried any of the commercial HVAC or Mechanical companys? If they wont sell you a sheet they sould be able to tell you where to get some.

10. aaggie

aaggie

Most of the Tractor Supply Stores have a good selection of sheet stock and diamond plate.
    I bought several sheets of 18Ga. at Curtiss Steel on West 11TH in Houston.

11. Ctm_motortrends

Ctm_motortrends
    from Ontario Ca

What size do need my dad's company has rolls of sheet metal I am sure I can get some from him. Pm me and Iwill try and hook you up.

12. FOOFZ

FOOFZ
    from houston