Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 1st Annual Texas Nostalgia Nationals @ Yello Belly Dragstrip Dallas TX

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rusty, Nov 17, 2009.

1. sun down

sun down
    from tx

Rusty and crew, thanks for putting on a great show, I had a good time,
    it was nice to see some of the hamb folks..

Thanks Rick ( lone star Mopar) and Paul for allowing me to tag along and follow you guys in.. felt good for the old man to get out again..

Fred

2. Rusty

Rusty

You guys are awesome, im still recouperatin this morning, i am doing a big post for a recap, without each and everyone of yall this was not possible

3. Elrusto

Elrusto

Yeah Doc, I won't tell JB about the tires. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. chicken coupe cook

chicken coupe cook

5. Dirty2

Dirty2

6. 60 GASSER

60 GASSER

sorry we didn't make it i had to work on rick carrell's race car yesterday we'll try next year! pics looked good, we missed out for sure! look forward to seeing ya'll at mokan! if were cool enough to get in? cya herb.

7. rschilp

rschilp

First time drag race for my little ones.. they LOVED it. This morning I found both of them in the garage looking over our projects and comparing things they saw yesterday and how to make it better.

The little seat time they got in the Scorpion V was one of the many highlights of their day.

And for the person that mentioned to my kids that they are old enough to drive Jr Dragster.. thanks :mad:

Attached Files:

8. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

We took the long shot and scored!!!!! No rain, not even a drop. Rusty and crew put on a great event and it's one to look forward to every year. The track and crew was great. The pictures don't show how cool this place is. I'll post some pix later.
    And the WINNER was Austin's own Skotz in his "Flamin Flathead" 32 Ford. Top Eliminator, all the money, all the trophies and even took home the trophy girl!!!!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  9. Rob, That's awesome.

10. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Good times, Thanks Rusty, Danny, Chandler and all else involved we had a great time. The weather turned out perfect and Yello Belly is a hell of a spot for this thing too!! It kind of almost has some of that Little River vibe to it. I haven't been there since I was a kid but I will damn sure be coming back for the next Nostalgia Nats!!

Thanks guys!!

11. Rusty, Danny, Chandler, Tim, all the wives and friends who helped put this on....WHAT A COOL DAY:D!!!!

Starting out with Pattie, the really neat Lady who owns the track that "wanted" us to be there in our old cars to "Ol Smokey Doc" and I messing around and having FUN making noise(especially after I learned of the "special racing trick" to throw him off at the line.....sooo simple, just takes one hand:rolleyes:......hahaha). To the laid back comaradatie between the "hard core racers that we are"....what a hoot.

And to hear some of the little side stories like Richard and Doug:) meeting up with the Canadian guys that had to leave thier car in Oklahoma, but they came down anyway....R&D gave them thier keys to thier cars so they could "at least make a pass after coming so far"....then getting to see a bunch of Richard's early 60's drag racing pictures.....Y'all had some really neat folks that added to the whole event.

Seeing Bill Slauson thrashing with his "fresh 56" and staying with it, working out those pesky bugs.....And of course Ol Hot Rod Bill and his 27 coupe eating up the track...trying to "out smoke Doc".... Don running the ol Scorpion down the track:cool:....Cool, cool....and of course, having my "sweetie", Terri waking up at 3:30 so we could make the early morning trek, being the offical photographer for me, and then getting to take her in the coupe for the last pass.....what a neat, neat race day.

This was "THE MOST FUN DAY THAT I HAVE EVER HAD AT A DRAG RACE:D"....and of course, winning the Top Eliminator(Collin Casey Bracket Style:eek:), just put the whole thing off the page for me.....WHOO HOOOO .... a FLATHEAD WON!!!!.....this proves that "anybody" can do this !!!! I will plan on bringing the Flathead FED up there next year, to continue the ambiance that you have created.

A Great big THANKS for every one who put it on and participated to make it such a Great time.

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  12. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

This light Blue 55 with the fender wells radiused pushed me over the edge. So I went and bought one this morning that I've been looking at for weeks.
    This is my inspiration car!
    I got losts of pics of it but didn't get the guys name :(

13. So who finally got the guy that power parked his S-10 with the alarm? Jeez!

Great time, even if we weren't racing.
    All the hard work was worth it.
    Now y'all can take next weekend off, and come relax at Propwash!

14. Drag'n 59

Drag'n 59
    from DALLAS, TX

Ahhh yes the alarm. Every pass made set the damn thing off and the genius just kept resetting it. Kind of like sitting next to a whinny kid on a long ass flight.

15. BELLM

BELLM

Like Steve and the Austin guys I made the wrong call, finally @ 9:30 I gave up, was raining here, weather radar showe rain headed there, 3 1/2 hr drive one way, should have went anyway. I'll be there next year regardless of the weather.

16. new camera...new download issues...where's that manual?

17. dwrfab

dwrfab
    from Dallas TX.

Rusty and Crew:
    I had a great time running the Scorpion 1 at this iconic track. Even after having my Suburban lay down of an apparant pump failuer. James Fuller came to my rescue with his roll back. He loaded the trailer and the Scorpion 1 on the back and hooked on to the Sub. We went all the way back to my shop in Garland and got my old reliable red PU. and followed Fuller back to the track. We had some problems unloading the rig and Hope we did not inconvenience anyone when we unloaded.
    Thyanks again Don Ross

18. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Congratulations! To Skotz...:D...big win. I guess he will be back for more north Texas drag racin. A special thanks to Rusty, Danny, and the whole "DIRTY CREW" {and Timmy boy} for a super great event...:cool:. We had loads of fun.:D

19. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

<TABLE class=tborder id=post5238645 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #e5e5e5 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e5e5e5 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e5e5e5 0px solid" width=175></TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_5238645 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e5e5e5 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->[​IMG] Re: 1st Annual Texas Nostalgia Nationals @ Yello Belly Dragstrip Dallas TX
    <HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Yeah Doc, I won't tell JB about the tires. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    LOOKS LIKE DOC HAS BEEN HANGING WITH THE "NITRO" GANGS!

20. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

;)Just curious, How many times did you walk the little old lady?;)

21. Doc,
    I'm glad that you cleared that up:rolleyes:, cause I talked to "some guy" that was impersonating YOU....wasn't ever serious over this "high competition racing format"....and shoot fire....he even had people "shooting him the bird" at the starting line:eek:....hahaha
    What a neat day....sorry you had to be at the "church" all day
    Signed
    TW / BK Hisself

22. Rusty

Rusty

you guys are too funny!

23. Hotrod 35

Hotrod 35

What a day at the Drags. Doug and I had a blast and meet some cool folks. Will post some pic. tonight.

24. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

to bad you were at church doc. there was some dude driving pretty girls around in your car

25. chicken coupe cook

chicken coupe cook

26. Herdez

Herdez

Mark Hallock also owner of this car. Ed Marrows old drag car.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. Meow, meow:rolleyes:.....Eddie, we missed ya up there.....had fun, as you can tell from the posts. We left out around 6:30 that morning and it had quit raining on the west side of 35....yep, next year...you'll have fun!!!

28. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Man it makes me sick that I missed the event I will make the 2nd Annual Texas Nostalgia Nationals @ Yellow Belly race for sure. I had fun in Florida watching the space shuttle with my family!

Attached Files:

29. QuadQuad

QuadQuad

BIG thanks to Rusty for getting this event going! We had a blast, technical issues aside!

Lookin for more pix from y'all though...camera died :(

Wish we could make it out to Propwash (right down the road!) but I've used up my car time allowance for a day or two preparing for the race....
    So next year it is! :D

30. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

i was to lazy to post pics on sunday. ill get you some posted asap. i took pics during time trials but had to put camera down when we got busy.