Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Who makes ford to chevy engine to tranny adapters?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brad chevy, May 15, 2010.

1. brad chevy

brad chevy

:cool: A buddy is just trying to make his car a driver for now,Its a 41 Ford with 3-speed tranny shift on the tree if that matters,he has a 327 Chevy to put in it but can"t afford right now to change out drivetrain.does anybody sell this adapter? He is in the process of getting the flathead to put back in it but just wants to drive it now.

2. Eelco? Used to be common, should be able to find one easy enough, but warn your friend that once he gets used to driving it with the 327 he'll never be happy with the flatty. Actually, just don't open the hood and no-one will know, then he can use the flathead somewhere it can be seen.

3. brad chevy

brad chevy

Yeah,I already ragged him about it. Hes an old school Ford guy but just tired of not having a ride.I get the smallblock back when he gets his flattie going.

4. really everyone makes one.....if you want new look at offy, speedway, Bendtsen’s, Wilcap or go through and alliance vendor. for used check the classifieds here, local craigslist or ebay.

5. old4dlvr

old4dlvr

Speedway have them $199.99 pilot bearing $19.99 Chev s/b enginemount $49.99 All you need.

6. brad chevy

brad chevy

Thanks for the quick info.

7. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

That's downright reasonable. I'm used to seeing transmission adapters that cost far more than that.

8. brad chevy

brad chevy

I looked on Speedways web site and that is the correct price.other places want 3 to 4 hundred for same piece.Also found me some chrome headers for the 22 -t-bucket at a reasonable price.

9. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

EXETER AUTO SUPPLY is an alliance vendor and can get most if not all Offenhauser Eq. pieces ever made.