Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Vintage "Cageless" Midget Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by KKx125, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Sprinter 2

Sprinter 2
    from Ct.

Who is coming to Loudon NH for the Vintage meet next weekand what are you bringing ?

2. CTtoPA

CTtoPA

I'm coming. Got nothin to bring!

3. jconklin75

jconklin75

here is a picture I found of my Grandfather. Not sure what track or what car other then the number on it.

Attached Files:

4. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

thats pretty neat thanks for sharing.

5. Buildy

Buildy

"Who is coming to Loudon NH for the Vintage meet next weekand what are you bringing ?"

I sure wish I was.

I made a commitment to stay in PA and photograph the WoO races and it looks like that will bite me in the Butt,weather wise.

Wish I could make it, hope someone gets some good photos of what I`m missing.

6. Sprinter 2

Sprinter 2
    from Ct.

Call Bill J. at 518-329-0463 in Copake NY

7. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

8. racerbillyc

racerbillyc

These pictures are from 1981 but the car I am in the 18 is an updated Hillegus and the 19 is owned by Ken Hickey and driven by Len Duncan so I think they are apropriate to this site

Attached Files:

9. 28dreyer

28dreyer
    from Minnesota

Need some H.A.M.B Help

Can someone out there do a look-up in the Kurtis Kraft Genealogy book and tell me what is written about the ownership line of Kurtis #7 midget please.

Thank you

10. slobitz

slobitz
    from drums, pa

Billy,
    Whose car is the#18 hillegass?
    Stan...............

11. Speedrome

Speedrome
    from Irving, TX

Hope this helps!

Bart

Attached Files:

12. racerbillyc

racerbillyc

Bucky Cort owned the car back then I figured you owned it by now. Johnny Heydenreich won two races in the car in 1980.

13. Jim Nise

Jim Nise

Billy, nothing on the 18 looks like Hilligas to me, must have been some update!

14. thebikeguy

thebikeguy
    from australia

Any members from here in the Canton Ohio area??

15. Spike Gillespie

Spike Gillespie

MR. Al Consoli ! Beautiful shot of the K & G Shell Service Offy. Don't want to sound greedy, but It sure would be nice to see more of those great midget shots.

Thanks.............Spike

16. gtxrider

gtxrider

Lou Ciccone bought #66 and Dewey Cali (on the right) bought a Badger that Johnny Mann drove until Lenny Boyd took over the drivng of the Badger. That little Chevy II really screamed.

Attached Files:

• 66.jpg
      66.jpg
      File size:
      266.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
  17. gtxrider

gtxrider

The BLACK car Johnny Mann drove was the #66 Strapoli car. Dewey's Badger was Orange. Billy Mann drove for Everett Rodgers in the RED WOOD LODGE Badger. As a Badger III. I think they had Sescos.

Attached Files:

• 66.jpg
      66.jpg
      File size:
      266.8 KB
      Views:
  18. racerbillyc

racerbillyc

Yea Charlie Shoemaker put cross torsion on it and probably moved shock mounts not sure what else was done I just stood on the gas and steered it. Great handling car led points all season until a blown engine in the heat at the next to the last race cost us the championship. Wound up third.

19. slobitz

slobitz
    from drums, pa

I cut the cross torsion of and took it back to dead stock. Jo hnny Heydenreik still holds the track reord at Flemington with a midget. Bucky Cort took that car to Jamaica and it looke like a rocket ship. Nothing like a midget. The Poster that was printed for that series had the car on the cover. Billy who owned the car when you drove it. It was the last Hillegass car built it had an offy in it and an olds whe i bought it.
    Stan...................

20. racerbillyc

racerbillyc

Bucky Cort owned it when I drove it 1981 and first three races of 82 I got fired when engine blew "for not watching guages" always did threemonths later when Bill Brown finally took motor apart found connecting rod broke right below wrist pin. They don't make a guage for that that I know of. lol

21. racerbillyc

racerbillyc

Stan, Here is a head on shot of the 18 from Harrington maybe this will help you tell if it is the car you have.

Attached Files:

22. slobitz

slobitz
    from drums, pa

Billy this is the Edmunds that was the Mighty Mouse.

I bought it from Billy Davis. Did you drive ever one of my midgets.
    Stan..............

23. racerbillyc

racerbillyc

I think I drove a few other than the $ hunter car. RABS, Sprintcar4j, and I want to come up one weekend let me know best day and time so we can take tour and talk for a while. Bill

24. racerbillyc

racerbillyc

Stan, Bucky had another old midget I think it had an offy in it still that may have been the Hillegus. I suffer from CRS sometimes. Another thought I had today. Was the 25 checkerboard midget owned by someone from Washington, NJ at one time? When I first moved into the area 30 years ago someone told me the person who had owned the Gulf station on Rt 57 in the sixties had a midget painted like a checkerboard.
    Bill

25. RABs32

RABs32
    from new jersey

Hey Uncle Billy, Ken also want's to get us together at the Matakas one day so I can transfer ownership of Hunters old wing to Stan for the Mighty Mouse resto

26. Ken_Schou

Ken_Schou

Yes PLEASE !!!

27. Ken_Schou

Ken_Schou

What kind of car / chassis is the Hickey #19 pictures?
    What ever became of it?

Attached Files:

28. Ken_Schou

Ken_Schou

I used to REALLY ENJOY watcing Johhny Mann in this car!!!!

Your mention of Lenny Boyd reminds me that he owes me call.
    THANKS!!!

Attached Files:

29. Ken_Schou

Ken_Schou

STAN ..

Can you tell us anything about those races in Jamaica?
    THANKS!!!

30. Ken_Schou

Ken_Schou

ALSO QUOTE racerbillyc
    I think I drove a few other than the $ hunter car. RABS, Sprintcar4j, and I want to come up one weekend let me know best day and time so we can take tour and talk for a while. Bill

It's been 3 maybe 4 weeks now since I Private Messaged Stan & RABS. RABS got back to me .. Stan never did. I also posted a reminder or two for Stan right here. .. .. OH WELL!!!

I'm GUESSING that because of his business that Stan can't meet at Mataka's on a weekend .. so RABS if you're going to Stan's for a tour, etc. it may be best to bring the wing directly there.

Harold Seaman is now too tied up to make it to Mataka's on a weekend too. Loudon, a motorcycle thing in Washington, DC and more after that ... plus restoring that modifed for the Jarzombek, etc, memorial at Riverhead (NY); so that window is now closed too.

Me, I think I'm going to give Ed Mataka a call this week & see when is best for him. I'm retired, so it could even be during the week .. if that's best overall for Ed. I'll probably get former ARDC, SMRC & USAC midget chauffer Bob Lombardo to take the ride with me. Rich, Billy .. I'll let you know when, in case you would like to &/or can make it.<!-- / message -->

Last edited: May 16, 2010