Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hey Bad Bob...like these new wheels on my Merc?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by drdave, May 6, 2010.

1. Hey Bob, these are totally trad, dontcha think? I know you are no fan of bubble skirts so I thought I would take them off and do this. Maybe I should go full independent and do the full pro touring thing, huh? ;)

OK, actually, I loaned a friend the wide whites for the weekend to drive to the Stray Kat and rather than leave the Merc on the jack stands, we just plopped his wheels on. We thought it looked kinda funny and I should post it just to see how long it would take to get flamed. LOL

Attached Files:

2. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Once and awhile i get a craving to build a protouring merc out of a Winfield glass version..... I like the idea even if it is not traditional

3. atomickustom

atomickustom

You loaned out your wide whites to someone to go to the Stray Kat? Damn, man, I always walk around feeling like crap because I can't afford a set. I need a friend like you.

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

lose the lakes and spots and you got yourself a chopped HOT ROD merc. I like it.

5. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

I like the idea of a track only, tube frame mmmmmmmm Shiny!!

6. it's beeyootiful.

7. Haha. Thanks John....I can see if he will let me loan them to you for yours since you are still up in the air on hubcaps. LOL.

Funny thing is, his Nomad normally sits on a rake and mine is tail down...the tail of the lake pipe is generally about an inch and a half off the ground (I use them as scrub guards for the rockers lol). Funny to see the rake on the Merc swapping his wheels over. Hope Duncan doesn't like my tires toooo much, I think I like em better on the Merc than the ET's. ;)

8. 00 MACK

00 MACK

admit it, part of you likes it! My buddy did the same thing to me once.

9. Hey......kinda "Goodguyish!!!!!" hahaha! You better hope he gives them back! Or you might have to find another forum,LOL!!!!!!!!

10. I like Pro Touring Camaros but a pro touring Merc would be an abomination. :)

11. Hot Rods and Hobbies built one for an actor that is butchin!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Nice one bad bob, that merc is hot! By the way guy, you should make you car match, it has too much going on.

13. chaddilac

chaddilac

Are those stick on buick ports?? :D

14. HAHAHAHA! I thought the same thing!!!!!!!

15. Don't worry guys....I didn't build it, I bought it. :) I got a great deal on it, knowing it was built well, but had issues and am working my way through them one at a time. The ports....you're gonna love it....are actually the chrome inserts you get at the truck stop to go in the oval holes on the front wheels of a semi truck cut into the sides of the hood. They rock, huh? Now, dotcha all go out at once and start a buying spree on these things. ;) The ghost flames and Chromalusion stripe are totally sweet, too. ;) But, brake issues and a rats nest of wiring headaches have been on the list before body work. But, for the most part, it is my daily driver and I don't stress over it too much.

Here's how it looks for real at the present (although now it has the wide whites instead of these almost-wide whites). One of these days, I'll sort out some body issues and resquirt it the same green.

Attached Files:

16. The things the Hambers do for Bob ;) , Dont worry Dr.Dave you dont need a new forum, those wheels fit in with PLENTY of stuff on here.

17. Paul B

Paul B

I would loose the lake pipes,seem like they take away or were an after add on. Talking about last picture not the one with the Mags

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

to tell you the truth, I like it better with the mags.

19. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

drdave, you are a true friend. Thanks for loaning me your wheels and tires for the Stray Kat 500. I took good care of them, I promise
    [​IMG]

20. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

That was just before the right rear blew out... it was AWESOME!!

21. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

me too..

22. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

DAVE...I'am not so bad POP, but that fine machine would look good with WAGON wheels on it. and that's the freeking truth...POP.

23. Party on Wayne! You fry 'em, I'll buy 'em! :)

Thanks for the kind words. I just plain love the car, wide whites, mags, even flat tires....makes no difference to me, I'll drive the tread off all of them. :D

24. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

Ah, come on, Duncan... My 4 cylinder '46 would do that- if Dave would loan me his tires.:D

25. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ha, Ha, ha, Kool post, It is amazing the difference the wheels make. I love the Chrysler
    caps.... Good luck getting the whites back from Duncan.

Happy trails,

Mick

26. 117harv

117harv

Does anyone know who made or makes that Mercury head shift knob on the merc on the first page?

27. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Mercury Charlie does.He has them in chrome and lucite.

Last edited: May 14, 2010