Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sins of steel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by warped welder, May 2, 2010.

1. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Hip boots may be better

2. fellow

fellow
    from LaPeer, MI

damn very interesting post. you can learn a lot by reading. hahaha VERY COOL ART WORK ya got going for the shirts and posters.

i take it the mini bike race is going to be in the circle pit there? shit is going to be fun as hell...

3. fellow

fellow
    from LaPeer, MI

got a mini bike yesterday. a 2x2 rokon... not the fastest things but if anything is in my way i can go right over them... working on taking it....

Attached Files:

4. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Hell yeah. I think the mini bike race will be in the circle track but we haven't finalized that yet. That venue has a lot of room for all kinds of activities.

5. fellow

fellow
    from LaPeer, MI

what bands are you guys getting to play. i think more punk rock needs to be at the shows.

6. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

I totally agree! A couple of the guys in my club play in rockabilly bands (that have played Billetproof in the past), and while they are good at what they play, that music certainly doesn't bring much "energy" to the show...

7. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

From what I know there will be no punk muisc at this show. Typically we try to have a family freindly show and I don't think a majority of the people would agree with having that type of music there.
    If it was up to me I would have a more diverse group of musical styles at the show but rock a billy, surf, and stoner rock type have been the staple so far. Tim is the singer for an awesome old school punk band Heresey but the will not play there.

8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Rev. Horton Heat tomorrow in Detroit! I'll ask them to stop by ( ya never know!) while I wear my SOS t shirt and hand them a flyer.

9. You going to the show tomorrow? As far as music for the show we have DJ Del spinning a wide variety of music. For those of you that have been to the Basement at Autorama he is the DJ there for the weekend. I have heard him play everything from the Dynotones to Gene Vincent to The Cramps to you name it. We thought it would be cool to have music going all day long at the show. If I am a betting man the Twistin Tarantulas will play as always. They are a good local Roots band that plays the basement at Autorama, also Pete was in Heresy with Tim and Stretch was in the Trantulas. I stopped by and saw the progress on the pedal cars today and the kids are gonna dig it. I should also say you better have some HP to win the minibike races. I was going almost 40 and Chad was pulling on me. Looking forward to putting the drama behind us and getting on to a killer show put on by the local clubs and continuing all the good times we have all had in that old parking lot in Davisburg. Hope to see everyone there.

10. Much like Spicoli hiring Van Halen to play his graduation, We know you would be on the phone with Bruce getting Maiden to play SOS. Run to the Hills!!!!!

11. I will be there. Hopefully my coupe wont take a shit on the way home, like it did from billetproof. (maybe you guys secretly fucked with it for going to billetproof?!?! LOL..) I had an ok time, but I can say I definitley saw alot of shit that i KNOW would be told to fuck right off at the gate at S.O.S... Including a 55 chevy that was almost completely carved of billet.... It was a REALLY NICE car, it was just not the normal type of car I would see/have seen at billetproof in the past..... It really didnt make a difference to me either way, but I know I will see only cool pre-64 cars at S.O.S...... See you there!!!

James

12. James hope to see you and your car there. Man I would love to own that car!!!

13. fellow

fellow
    from LaPeer, MI

what happened? same problem you have been having?

14. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Well I think I am going to come hang out with you guys, I passed on going down to Thompson Ohio for the gasser/409/nostalgia weekend because the weather was getting a little bit in question. It should be a good time and the weather for at least Saturday looks great.

Jon