Register now to get rid of these ads!

On the side of the road what have you found?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by phukinartie, May 9, 2010.

1. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

Found a huge roll of canvas/tarp. Two guys stopped and help me lift it into my truck. They thought it was mine. When I got home some neighbors helped me unroll it. It was a tent bigger than my front yard. One of those preaching tents I guess.

2. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

Several tool boxes full of tools(guess the owners did a roadside repair, got excited when they had a "we have combustion!" moment and left).

I was walking along an Interstate in NY once when I was about 18, it was a hot spring day, but snow still on the edge of the road, and I found an ice cold beer peeking out of the snow. The beer was so cold it was almost slush. Priceless!!:D

3. bobw

bobw

A drunk girl.

4. He'll I'm reading in my iPhone in a bar ! I spouted beer

5. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Found a black angus beef cow between the house and the dairy. She didn't like me finding her at 3 a m, with my truck, and I didn't like finding her!

6. El Gordo

El Gordo

Few years ago Mom (then 70 ) was out for her morning walk and found a pair of Levi's laying in the middle of the alley behind her house.
    There was a nice leather belt still looped in them.
    She picked them up for the belt and noticed something large in the pocket,
    It was a roll - $1600!:eek:
    She turned it into the police and 3 months later the money was hers:D

7. Ebert

Ebert

Found a great 20 ft chain on the side of the road while riding my road bike. Stopped, hid the damn thing, and returned with my truck to "retrieve" it. I know-not a big find, but I have used the shit out of that old chain.

8. I stopped at the traffic lights and looked down at the road next to me and saw a 10 ton hydraulic jack. Guess who went home and built a 10 ton press that day?

9. AZ29

AZ29
    from Arizona

A 1930 Wyoming license plate. No paint, but not bent or more than surface rust. Went to my brother who has a 1930 Model A , in Wyoming, waiting to be made road worthy.

10. junk

junk

Best creeper I've ever owned. Found it in the fast lane on I-90.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

11. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

One of my female aquaintances' (way back when) grandmother found a calf in the road. Kept going a few miles home. In the morning she told her grandson to go get that thing out from in front of my car. Expecting a small roadkill, he barfed when he found a mangled calf more or less whole under there.

12. snelson57

snelson57

I keep finding spare tires from s10 pickups when the cable rusts off...almost have a full set.

13. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by Ratatat [​IMG]
    Two pounds of pot of the side of I5 by the town of Arbuckle. It was two one pound bundles wrapped up with duct tape.
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    did you have a b-bq ? lol

I sold it for $450 a lb.

14. dodgedartgt

dodgedartgt
    from SW FL

Yuo mean 'possum in the half shell?

Mikey B

15. Wow. You gotta be pretty damn bored or really f$#@in' sorry to actually take the time to fill a box with shit, and then set the box up on the side of the road.

16. 4ever18

4ever18

About 10 years ago, I'd finally talked my brother into attending the fall Hershey, PA swapmeet. Just north of Carlisle, PA (on I-81), there was a '28/29 Model A front fender lying along side the road. I stopped, backed up a little bit, got out, ran back and picked up the fender. We laughed about how it was going to be a good trip since there was even free Model A parts lying along side the Interstate. If memory serves me correctly, he gave the fender to someone he knew (Front Royal, VA area).

17. calvinh

calvinh

My wife complains when I pick things up I find because they usually are junk but I have found some cool stuff also. I found a Harley panhead motor on the road between Albuquerque and Taos NM a couple of years ago. Sold it when I got home and it payed for gas and the rental house on the trip. Also found a Estwing framing hammer years ago that I still use on a daily basis. Coolest thing was my dog Bocephus this last winter.

18. 31fordV860

31fordV860

A dead skunk ...but it was in the middle of the road (does that count)
    ......oh and it was stinkin' to high heaven....

19. now THATS funny

20. 1953Plymouth

1953Plymouth
    from Peoria, AZ

Started out young by finding a full ring 1954 Chevy Bel-Air hubcap in a ditch when I was 10. Numerous nudie books during my early teen years when I still rode bicycle. Lots of tools, a great 3/8" chain with grab hooks and a box full of about 200 45rpm
    records from the mid 60's.

Best find: Entire front dog house for a 1965 OLDS 442 including bumper, grill and all the chrome trim. Hard as it is to believe I was taking a short cut to my favorite local scrap yard to look for a front bumper for the 65 Olds 442 I was building at the time.
    God smiled on me that day!!

Worst find: Four rotting Coho Salmon. My trailer came uncoupled and broke the safety chains. Coupler "snow-plowed" a deep furrow in the sod on the berm of the road. Finally came to rest in this stinking pile of fish. Karma???

21. Deuces

Deuces

Found this little 9 week old guy that crawled out from under my Stang at 3:30 in the morning and freezing outside.. Someone must have tossed him out. :( He's mine now! :)

Attached Files:

22. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

I had an almost instant flat on the back tire of my motorcycle. Managed to keep it up right while making my way to the right shoulder. Got off the bike and gathered my thoughts on how I was going to get home with a flat tire and decided to venture down the freeway embankment to take a leak. What did I find? Probably 20 different piles of poop. Yeah, people poop. Big ol nasty piles of poo-poo. This totally blew my mind after all this was in the middle of Orange County on Interstate 5! WTF?!?! There's a gas station with a bathroom at every freeway off ramp! No reason to be taking a shit on the side of the damn freeway!

23. At least you didn't crash and land in the "safer barrier" of dirty diapers that line that highway for 100s of miles...god I'm glad I left CA...

24. HA but yuck:eek:! Sounds like Mike Rowe has another "dirty job" to deal with. . .:D

25. Deuces

Deuces

I don't care what anyone sez..... This shit is funny! :D:D

26. Better "funny" than "runny"!:D

27. gary terhaar

gary terhaar
    from oakdale ny

When i worked at a car dealer you found lots of stuff in the neighborhoods you roadtested in and around.Left the shop one day in the middle of january on a 10 degree day and saw a piston and rod in the middle of the road,still smoking hot.There was snow all around and no oil or vehicle was in sight.Guess they were in a hurry and couldent stop for the parts they lost.

28. phukinartie

phukinartie

Thats cool about the kitten I picked one up on a busy 4 lane the little feller was scared to death I took him to a shelter and he adopted out soon after

29. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I've found many tools of various kids, both mechanical and garden-style (most recently a nice 3-foot machete from Columbia), several chunks of H-beam and I-beam and other steel scrap which came in handy, lengths of chain from careless stowage by truckers and others, just run of the mill stuff.
    My brother found a really nice WWI bayonet and scabbard.

30. hemi46

hemi46
    Member Emeritus

20 foot chain, Reese head with 2.25 ball, misc tools, bungee chords.