Register now to get rid of these ads!

Central Welding mig wire

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bloodyjack, May 10, 2010.

1. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

I always get Harris brand welding wire from Central Welding it’s a great wire and its made in Italy.
    I just went to get another roll in my lunch break and they now carry a new brand made in China!
    Not only have they switched to a Chinese brand the put the price up too.
    In future I am going to buy mig wire from Harbor Freight because all though its branded with there crappy Chicago brand the label says made in Italy and I belive its Harris wire branded for HF.

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  2. RDAH

RDAH
    from NL, WI

The place where I bought my welder, Air Gas, has 3 different brands with 3 different prices all made in China. Bought the most expensive and hoped for the best. Work good.

3. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Of course it does...it's made from all the high quality vintage steel that went east in the last scrap drive. :(

4. wheelbilly

wheelbilly

only use lincoln from home depot. tried paxair's house wire once and it would snap and i ended up wasting more then i used having to reset it. i hear esab makes a good wire, but haven't found it anywhere