Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Let's remake 'Two Lane Blacktop'.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatheadpete, May 9, 2010.

1. The first one sucked so I hope if it's ever remade (hope it never is) they do a better job, that's 102 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. I could have spent it doing something more pleasurable like getting a root canal without anesthetic.

Just my opinion of course ;)

2. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Abe Vigoda as GTO.

3. I'm pretty sure Abe Vigoda is dead! :rolleyes: :D

4. I think anyone of todays actors that would read for that part would consider it a very bad move. It's a good thing James and Dennis had the music thing going for them. I bought the movie at a vendors booth at Jefferson this spring and wish I had my $ 15.00 back. I agree the whole thing did depict the times pretty well but Jesus a good movie it was not. Leave it alone and let it continue to be the cult classic it ( for whatever reason ) has become.:rolleyes: Give me more flicks like Rebel Without A Cause, and even AG was a pretty well done movie. I'm not a movie critic by any means, but I just think the producers could have done a better job. So now that my rant is over and answering the original post I'd say this, Neil Diamond for James Taylors role, Toby Keith for Dennis Wilsons Role, and Billy Ray Cirus for GTO. The hitchhiker I'd say Miley Cirus, that way everyone could go on with thier music carrers, ( except Billy Ray ) and nobody gets hurt. My first vote stands though, leave it alone.

5. then he'd be perfect!

6. <object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pLhKh0RQ5Eg&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pLhKh0RQ5Eg&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b2__Hk1todQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b2__Hk1todQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

7. ken1939

ken1939

He is still alive, you missed the superbowl ad?

8. budd

budd

Steve Buscemi as GTO

Attached Files:

9. Brahm

Brahm

remake it with Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, and Steve Buscemi

Call it Two Lane Labowski

I DON'T RIDE ON SHABBOS!!!

10. mercury Bill

mercury Bill

The movie sucked then and it will suck now.

11. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint

I love this movie for all of its wierdness,I watch it a few times a year, but a remake sounds terrible. look what they did to Gone in 60 Seconds. They won't make a descent car movie again until they quit with CGI and have real cars crash into other real cars with real dumb people driving them. There's no substitute for tangible destruction, as much as I hate to see a classic destroyed.

12. [​IMG]

ken1939 ... Yes, I realize Abe is still with us ... my post was meant as sarcasm (hence the sarcastic smiley) ... back in the early '80s it was rumored that "Abe Vigoda is Dead" ... throughout the '90s, his "death" was the subject of many an Internet joke & late night TV host monologue ... and in 2002, Greg Galcik recorded the song "Abe Vigoda's Dead" (a parody of the 1983 Bauhaus classic "Bela Lugosi's Dead").

But enough useless '80s trivia ... what I'd really like to know is why this silly O/T thread isn't closed yet?

13. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

The Goat played by a new Government Motors 2010 HHR SS
    The 55 played by a beat up $500 ricer with a fart can muffler, Stickerz and $10,000 stereo with blown bass speakers. Music by a monkey with a stick beating on shit and screaming like his balls are on fire.
    Danica Patrick as the driver, Paris Hilton to check your jets and make it run HOT!
    Betty White as the hitch hiker.
    Who gives a damn who's in the HHR.

Now tell me this wouldn't make money... LOL

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  14. Thus making Paris perfect for the role, as I understand it's easy to enter on her laptop too.

15. metalshapes

metalshapes

Which is the perfect metafore of why there shouldnt be a remake.

Sorry for my use of the word Ricer.

No disrespect meant to rice.

I eat a lot of it...

16. 61TBird

61TBird

Tara Reid - "The Girl" (Laurie Bird's character)
    Peter Stormare - the Thames Panel owner (since it doesn't run,it fits in with Nihilism...)
    Flea-Pumping Gas(at the above station)

I haven't decided where "The Jesus" fits in yet.:D

17. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

Have to agree with this statement. Gone in 60 Secs (Nick Cage remake) was total crapola compared to the original. It's hard to recreate the mood and era of a film. Just my 2 pesos.

18. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I had rice on a burrito yesterday.

19. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^ Is that a new style of BTTT ? :confused:

20. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Yup....oriental. Didja know ninjas are just oriental burglars?

21. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I would have to say your signature say's it all. Have one for me and be safe if thats whats up.

22. Nik

Nik

Jeff Smith from chevy high performance as GTO

David Freiburger as the Mechanic

Ryan Cochran from here as the Driver

Dayna Deluxe (pinup babe) as the Girl

Smith has got to be getting close to the right age, and watching Freiburger constantly jumping out to change jets in his flip flops would be humourous. This would also give Ryan a chance to get away from the computer and hit the road. Plus I'd really like to see how Dayna looks moving around, all I ever see her in is poses. The most expensive part would be Dayna, she gets paid to get her picture taken, I figure the others would do it just to have some fun.

23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Think anyone would notice??

24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

And just as full of bullsh*t too...
    But They had the girl right on the first post. GOTTA be Betty White...

25. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

The guy from Earl as GTO, Megan Fox as Wandering Girl, Woody Harrelson as Kissin Cowboy, The Pot smoker dealer guy from Pine Apple Express as Tuner, Rod Blago as Road kill guy, you don't need a stunt double just pay him a bit extra, Joe Biden as The Driver, so the car may have to be a matic but it would be funny to watch him say the drag race MF line and with a little hair him and the singer look a bit alike. Or Betty White could be the driver. She would have no problem with the stick the line or any fight scene. I bet she would be ok with a love scene with Megan too. The car now has to be a 32, I picture the Bass coupe, the 55 has been in plenty of movies, lets go current cool. Any one who hates the movie was not drinking enough beer when they saw it, try it again with a 12 instead of a 6 pack and yes Abe Vigoda has been dead for several years now although he is still walking around and moving he does by all scientific analysis surely seem to not be among the living.

26. Steve 38

Steve 38

Ha ha ha, so true. Angelina Jolie would almost certainly be in it. There would be extra sex scenes, both the guys in the 55 would look like Vin Diesel, there would be a bunch of CG car chases, the 55 would jump over parked cars every few minutes to escape GTO (who will probably be a Russian spy), and lots of things will get blown up. And it'll grose 500 million at the box office.

27. samurai mike

samurai mike

why did i look at this. there's five minutes of my life i'll never get back!

28. RichG

RichG

So, basically, just another Michael "Boom!" Bay classic?:p

29. JAWS

JAWS

Funny sarcasm........well played.

30. 117harv

117harv

I think i might be the only HAMBer who has never seen this movie. I may have seen it and don't remember, it doesn't register. I do remember a movie, i think it was called maken county line, and there was a 55 chevy, yellow i think that had fuel injection and when they crossed the line the cops shot them.