Register now to get rid of these ads!

We need a traditional show in Phoenix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kerry67, Apr 15, 2010.

1. erock805

erock805

Awesome news Chip..thanks fer da update!

2. Choptop

Choptop

Meeting June 12, 2010. I'll be there. :D

3. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Let's not have the meeting at the library because its on my birthday and you guys may want to bring balloons!

4. Kerry67

Kerry67

June 12th it is......I think the meeting went well. Some good ideas and it seem everyone is pretty stoked to get a show in the valley that appeals to us. All seems good right now.

5. GreggAz

GreggAz

cant make the June 12 Meet, thats our wedding day! Good luck guys

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Man! YOUR FINALLY GONNA DO IT!!! CONGRATS!!! Although, she's waited this long, she can wait a day more!!! HAHAHA!!! No big deal, right?

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Yes - I will definitely be there! Just let me know where gang, and I'll get it set up. Hey chop top, my offer still stands.

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Is it possible to sneak a balloon animal making clown into a public library? Wouldn't mind being the first to try! HHHHMMM, Elicit balloon animal clowns...

9. Kerry67

Kerry67

Oh Man.....

10. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

in for the 12th

11. Donnyboy

Donnyboy
    from Phoenix AZ

I need to see if it a kid weekend for me

12. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I think the library was a good meeting place, nice and central, quiet, plenty of room, and no waitress bugging us to buy another round. We can always have balloon animals and more mini bike schenanigans afterwards...

13. Mike

Mike

I'll bring the naked midgets, who's bringing the bowling balls and rubber bands?;)

See ya'll there.

14. Kerry67

Kerry67

Anyone think of anything else ? My brain has been going non stop about it. I just don't know what is possible until we talk to The Billetproof guys. If they want music, there is a band that blew the roof off the Orleans the past two years at Viva that I would love to see play a show out here if possible. I am going to talk to them and see what it would take to get them out here. Not that we are going to have bands for sure, but believe me, these guys would rock the hell out of Phoenix. Them with a good local band (like Voodoo Swing) at the show or the night before at a pre-show show would be amazing.

15. Payaso

Payaso

I wish everyone could experience Billetproof...there are no gimics, no themes, no BS, no militant volunteers/staff, no ushers...the list goes on and on...it IS the #1 show for our 'Lifestyle'...Down to Earth, Laid back, and as they put it..."The World's Least Important Car Show's", You got Love it!!

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Are we thinking the library again then? If we are, I better get on it pretty soon. Funny thing, I used to have a naked midget...sorry, different story!

17. MilesM

MilesM

Congrats.

18. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

Shit, I can't make the 12th either... in a friend's wedding in Flagstaff.

Just a reminder regarding the weekend of Sept. 24, 25, & 26... I know the Roller Derby is cool, but frankly, A LOT of folks are going to Long Beach for this: http://www.showcaseofkustoms.com/

19. Invicta

Invicta

It is my opinion that we NOT try to plan a date around everybody else (CA,NV,TX)But a date that is going to work for the City of Phoenix and the State of AZ. It will be impossible to plan a date that works for 4 states, or a date that everybody will be able to attend. I'd like to see an event thrown that gets people talking about PHOENIX. Something that we can not only call our own but somthing that more people will hopefully attend next year and the year after that. I think that was Kerry's origional Idea, To have a show for us. Just sayen.

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Invicta, I have to agree. Do we want the library again? Lets get some votes on this so I can set it up.

21. rebarsfords

rebarsfords

The local Surf band the "Incognitoes" might work as some entertainment too.
    Just throwin' in some ideas....

22. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

The library worked pretty well last time. I'm so far from everything that anything near downtown is great.

I'm throwing my birthday party on the night of the 12th as well. I would love to have you guys out for that. We're still working out the details with the bands but it will be at my second home, The Copper State Tavern in Glendale. I'll keep you guys posted.

23. Kerry67

Kerry67

The Library is fine with me.......

24. Invicta

Invicta

i think the library was great

25. Donnyboy

Donnyboy
    from Phoenix AZ

No kid weekend for me, I will be there.

If we keep working around other States we might as well say f' it. Like the way I was raised - Take care of your own before you worry about others.

Should we bring some balloons for spits and giggles?

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Okay guys, I'll get it set up on Monday for the 12th. I'll post details Monday afternoon. Screw the balloons, lets just bring the mini bike and the go kart! Imagine what that contractual warning would look like!!!

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

28. little skeet

little skeet
    from huston

Yes, I am in Loveland, Colorado...but I spend my Winters in Fountain Hills, Arizona.
    I like your idea for a good show. How about creating one using the theme
    "Warm Winter Days"? A take off from Hot August Nights. Number one, is promotion and sponorship, number two, is organization along with very good comitment to the entire event. You will need to put together a group of people comitted to the cause and will not drop out until it is finished.
    The GoodGuys is well attended....but their scene is getting old and boring. Phoenix needs one that is HOT ROD oriented. Also, include the old time drag guys.
    Good luck to you.
    "Wasn't anybody there except me and Little Skeet"

29. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

See ya on the 12th

30. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Been tied up moving into a new house and a little late but keep me posted I am game to hit that next meeting.. My 52 is a drive shaft away from being on the road and its ready for a debut soon..