Register now to get rid of these ads!

May 7, 2010 a day in history. New Fordbarn now open!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blown49, May 7, 2010.

1. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I used to post over there back in the day and I can seem to register with my username. Did it carry over the user's from the prior board?

Chris

2. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

I was hoping that when he took this over the format would mirror this place, that old layout was so hard to navigate when other boards abandoned the style.

3. just registerd with a aslightly shorter user name thanks for posting

4. 1930roadster

1930roadster

Excellent, never joined before, now i will... very familiar and EZ. A+

5. Muttley

Muttley

Muttley has entered the Ford Barn.

6. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

how cool is this

7. I am signed up and have been using the Ford Barn before I joined the Hamb.

As I see it thus far is a ton of Hambers have signed up which I think is a good thing but I have also already seen post and photos creeping in of cars other than Fords,,:confused:

I like them all but if The Ford Barn becomes diluted then it will lose many of the ol' timers that have used it for years.

As for the Format,,I have talked to a couple of guys that have been users of the site before I started checking it out and they hated the thoughts of change,,both of them are ecstatic about it now.HRP

8. Yup, It's neat to see those guys being able to post pics of their cars now.

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

I joined the Ford Barn with the name Roadster62, different site different name, but now I'm wondering if others did this or kept their HAMB name, or does it matter. The Barn is an established site with young and old "Old Timers", I'm glad Ryan stepped up and saved it, I hope they enjoy the upgrade, and I look forward to posting there.

10. StrickV8

StrickV8

Thanks for stepping up Ryan to continue the Fordbarn. I already see my nightime computer time is going to be longer because the Fordbarn will move at a faster pace than before. This is a good thing!

For those who don't receive an email for registration validation, check your SPAM folder. That's where mine ended up.

BTW-registered as "Strick" over there.

11. very cool! just registered

12. HotRod33

HotRod33

I have enjoyed the fordbarn for years............ it will be alot easier to use now.....

13. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

One thing: Can we all resolve to keep the hot rodding off the Ford Barn? It’s one thing to ask an old Ford question that you’re going to apply to your hot rod, but entirely another to be blatant about the hot rodding thing. The more the restoration hobby is respected there, the more knowledge and talent should hopefully stick around. If we drive off all the restorers, we’ll just end up with an all-Ford mini-HAMB, which isn’t supposed to be the point.

-Dave

14. Agreed,, HRP

15. Absolutely right! I always liked Fordbarn because it was ONLY FORDS......I hope all the original guys stick around....

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

I agree with those above, questions on how FORD did things is what the Barn is all about IMO. I for one don't want any of the old Ford Barn people turned off, I just think the new format will allow more info to flow. They all seam to like the photo posting feature.

17. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Works......Thanks.

18. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

WOW awesome to see it up and running and improved,really well done ryan.Keeping it alive and real.

19. Way to go Ryan !!!

20. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

Just what I need, another website to suck up my time!
    Good job!

21. Like a breath of fresh air......the cold, cold, cold winter is over, spring is here with and I love it....

Congrats sir, and helpers, this can only bring great things,

Drewfus:)

22. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

Thanks Ryan, this is awesome!!