Register now to get rid of these ads!

PORTLAND, OR. how about a voodoo meet? yes, it's that time again!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ironandsteele, Apr 27, 2010.

1. april may

april may

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

2. Payaso

Payaso

I hope you can make it...suppose to be awesome weather!!!

3. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

i'll ask him

4. bootsnbolts

bootsnbolts
    from portland

oh thank goodness others have mopar vehicles! reading the intro 'read first' i was like, these guys are going to run me the hell out! (67 valiant here, almost got a 65 rambler, may be switching down to an earlier 60's model this sunday).

btw LOVE the manic hispanic signature, 'i've seen this before...it's a drive by smile.' probably my favorite piece by them.

5. 52chevydeluxePDX

52chevydeluxePDX

See ya kids there!

6. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

keeping my piece of shit top secret till the body work and paint is finished.. but maybe we will come out..

anyhow, fuck portland man, you want hydro's come out here to Hillsboro (to most its said "hellsburrito"), cant remember the name of the shop but i know alot of hispanic dudes that are down out here.. quite a few lowriders out here and lowrider clubs, i use to take the chevy to the lowrider show in shute park in hillsboro.

7. april may

april may

I shot the Lowrider Magazine hop contest in PDX, and where you need to go is North. Those crazy Canadians know what's up. They represented hard.

8. buckable

buckable

I'm bringin' a camera, so everyone better be on their best behavior . . . oh, yeah - forget that.

9. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Well I worked on the Chev till 1200 and I think I'm further behind than when I started. Wacky the way that works. Looks like if I can pull myself outa bed I'll be rollin the Dodge.

10. 57FORD

57FORD

my trucks not finished but i will be there. parked far away with the 350z lol

11. catbox

catbox

yes your memory is correcto and no the family doesnt fit the bobber to well.

I have an interview on tuesday so i got some energy and finished up the drivers glass and bunny fuzz. on to the next window...

here are a couple of teasers pics fro ya...

all the way up
    [​IMG]

all the way down with the new wheels in the front...
    [​IMG]

trunk mess
    [​IMG]

if'n i get the new job i will have all kinds of pep in my step and we will be making it out to the next availible doughnut day festival!

12. texaskoolaide

texaskoolaide
    from austin

makin me wish i was in portland. a little stump town coffee, nickle arcade, and the doughnuts. hell fire.

13. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Damn it man... I slept till ten

14. glmke

glmke

any pics from the get-to-gether today

15. Payaso

Payaso

If you need help welding up a battery rack...let me know...

16. chimpevolved

chimpevolved

Here's a short story of our trip to voodoo doughnuts. First I work graveyards, so I finished work at 7 a.m. Saturday after work Heather and I flew to Spokane. We picked up the rental car and first thing almost got nailed by a semi that blew a tire. Found the car and to my surprise the car was in better shape than I realized. Heather bought the car and we were off to the nearest gas station, at the station a tweaker asked if she could look inside, I said yes and found out that look meant opening the door and sitting inside. Heather drove the car a little, however the booster leaks and it takes alot of pressure to stop. After being on the road for awhile we stopped for gas and the car wouldn't start again. After asking a dozen people we found someone who had jumper cables and the car started right up. This became a theme at every stop, why the hell don't stations sell cables or have chargers is beyond me. at one stop we left the car running unfortunatly, it died and needed a jump, while asking around for a jump it puked out some coolant on the ground. Some ass made a comment about ford and I lost it, and procedded to have a lively conversation. The rest of the trip was uneventful except for non-stop head winds, dust storms, tumble weeds and rain. Got the car home in one piece, went straight to a party drank to much coffee and beer, sleept for two hours, washed the car and convinced Heather to drive to voodoo (we don't live far away). Had a great time as always even if I felt like a zombie. See you next month and hopefully I'll be awake enough to talk. Thanks for reading!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

awesome. i was looking at that car! i love that thing. i saw it for sale at the swap and wanted to find the owner to talk about a trade for my bobber, but never did. that's a cool car for sure. glad someone's driving it.

the meet was great, saw a lot of new cars, which is always cool. next month is the beginning of the beaches cruises too. can't wait!

see you next month!

18. buckable

buckable

19. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

20. chimpevolved

chimpevolved

Shooter54
    I saw in the PIR swap meet thread that you were looking to trade. I mentioned to Heather that I should send you the info, she threatened to cut off my man vegetables. At that time we were haggling with the owner over the price and triing to figure out if we could afford it. Hope you don't hold it against me.

21. catbox

catbox

I may have to take you up on that as my welding skills arent that great just yet and i also dont have a dedicated outlet for my 220V welder. Its a pain to unhook the A/C and then hook the welder up and then reverse it when done.

the hydros are hacked in and need some attention as well but thats another story for another time...

22. glmke

glmke

no pics from sunday?

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  23. Payaso

Payaso

No problem...just let me know...

24. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

haha. good times.