Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Pictures of Vintage Hyd. Lowrider Set ups

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Little Wing, May 3, 2010.

1. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Anyone have pictures of 1950's Hydraulic ( lowrider ) set ups ? Original ones,,not new versions. or can you suggest any old magazines that showed how they were set up in the 50's ?

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  2. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

get yourself a GM service manual for Cadillacs (and some others) with the leveling system - not entirely sure they were hydro...could have been air.

If you don't know where to find such a book - pick up a Hemmings Motor News at your local bookstore and search in the LITERATURE section.

dj

3. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Sorry I ment the original set ups for Lowriders

4. Kopper Kaballero

Kopper Kaballero
    from Tracy,CA

5. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

ive never seen pics but i saw a few lowrider specials on tv where they briefly cover the roots. a lot of guys used aircraft equipment for the original hydraulic setups. that style died out and has since made a resurgence. they said the big companies making the usual stuff has started reproducing the old aircraft stuff now for the look

6. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A couple issues back in GARAGE MAGAZINE, there's a pretty good story about hydros and Andy Douglas. He was inspired by the early ways if I recall the story right. There was also some nice pics of the early parts.