Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Dead Heat Car Show Pics-Okazaki Japan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Comet, Apr 29, 2010.

1. A couple weeks ago I went to one of the first outdoor car shows of the season here in the Nagoya area of Japan. Thought I'd share some of the pics with you.
    It was a beautiful day and this was a mid sized show, with live music and a swap meet. They could have sold a lot more entry tickets with a larger venue, some of the coolest cars were outside. I didn't take pics of everything because several of the cars I've seen and posted before, so if you see something cool in the background, and want to find more pics, search some of my posts from last year.
    I want to make a special note of the trophy for Best Custom, made by Fudemae. That thing was killer, and I wanted to buy it. Haha. In any event, I've ordered a piece from him and will pick it up at the next show. He said his stuff is more popular in the states than in Japan. Hope you enjoy some pics from someplace a little different!
    http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/cometsrides/Dead Heat Car Show 2010/?albumview=slideshow

Attached Files:

2. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Nice, thanks. Hard to believe sometimes that there are so many nice american cars there in Japan. And I guess headlight visors are popular? ;-)

3. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

Ill say it again....they have some great style over there. I really dig their style of bikes as well.

4. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for posting the pics very kool rides. Fudemae's trophy that your talking about
    is the gold lady statue that was pinstriped? I agree with ya, I would have tried to
    buy it, Very kool piece!

Happy Trails,

Mick

5. Yep, that's it.

6. kean

kean

Our site updated pix of that event.
    check it out.
    http://strongers.org/

By the way, the picture of that poster is my '59 and Makoto's triumph.

7. Good Wood

Good Wood
    from pa

Thanks for posting.

It's hard to imagine how so much American metal wound up over there.........Woody

8. Damm...thats a cool looking show, thanks for sharing.

9. mercury Bill

mercury Bill

My first chopped 50 merc is over in Japan somewhere..

10. There is a nice black Merc in the pics, is it your old one?

I vaguely recall Japan having annual inspections, is it hard to get plates and insurance for cars like these?

11. hershambob

hershambob

12. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Hey there.

Thanks for sharing those. Great looking cars there.

13. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

14. Ctm_motortrends

Ctm_motortrends
    from Ontario Ca

Nice cars man ! Also nice to see you guys are keeping them alive out there. I didn't see 1 S13

15. Lucky444

Lucky444

Hey, great set of pics! Lookin' like the weather is shaping up for you guys over there. General Motors seems to be well represented in Nagoya!

16. Great pics! Thanks for sharing. Has anyone slammed a Toyopet Tiara over there? It may not be HAMB-friendly, but would make an interesting lowrider.

17. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

if only I had the headlight visor concession.........

18. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Comet. Heading your way on the 9th of next month (June) to go look at some land at Hakuba, just out of Nagano. Will be incountry for nearly 3 weeks. What's the best way to find out what hot rod events etc are happening. Maybe take in some shops. I have to go to Yokohama, am I remembering right that that's where the Mooneyes shop is? Obviously up for a beer too if you are keen :)

19. elvi411

elvi411