Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Did i ruin my car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dynaflash_8, May 3, 2010.

1. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

Thoughts?

Comments?

Im still iffy about them. Got the rims for free so no pain if i dont like em.

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  2. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

3. Not my style. Would look better without the "graffics". :cool: Rims look ok.

4. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

My buddy put the stickers on the rear quarters. There gone.

The lettering is hand done by me

5. I dont think u ruined it. How did u mask those scallops off?

6. If it were mine (and its not) I would lose the 28 at a minimum, but I think it would look better without the scallops all together. The rear end would come down a little or add skirts. The rims arent bad, but will do untill you find something that REALLY hits you. Cool car regardless.

7. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Bout 15 mins with some fine line tape then bomb can.

8. AAFD

AAFD
    from US of A

Ditch the scallops, lettering, stickers...install the running boards, paint the traction bars black. Cragars look good, maybe a taller/wider tire in rear...

9. Well, regardless I still think it looks cool. Now if its goin to a customer that paid good money to u Id probably ditch the cans and get at least a decent spray gun. Cans dont have the fan tip u need to spray an even coverage. Small things yes, big no. But if its for u and ur having second thoughts about it. Then u obviously arnt to crazy about it.

10. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Well i like the scallops and the lettering, im talking about the wheels.

11. Oh, my bad. U showed a pic of the car and a spraycan. So I assumed.... Its not like its a frame swap. There cool, I like the american racing torque thrusts myself.

12. Plus if they were free u can drive em till u get tired of them. Sell them after that and have some money for new ones!

13. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Its all cool :cool:

I got the wheels for free and threw on some radial T/As i had laying around, and i think its just too much for the car.

Makes it look street-roddy

14. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

I think the're fine for a Street Rod:eek:
    But not for the old-time racer look that you already had.
    Scotty.

15. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

x2.

16. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I like the stock black steel wheels better.

17. H3O

H3O

only thing killing me is the rear wheelwells and it needs taller tires in the back. looks fine with the cragars.

18. rockabillyrodder

rockabillyrodder
    from Colgate WI

I think this is a great job it feels completly like an old racecar/ jalopy one would see on the track in the early to late fifties.
    With that said the cragars do not fit the era and the black steelies win.
    If cragars are a look you may want to go with, now, in my opinion is not the correct time.
    By the way I would love to have your car in your condition to rock in the worst driving conditions I could find. I wish there were dirt roads all over to completly enjoy it. I think I would have to go out and find some logging trails and take that car fishing or some back woods camping kick back and enjoy some creek chilled brews. Maybe even go out in a snow storm and pull some new cars out of ditches.
    If you like the cragars the car will need a repaint. I would run the steelies and the current paint they look like more fun. The cragars are ruining the current car. I would watch your back you might get hit with a poopnoodle if you drive somewhere with those cragars on that car and if you put BFG raidal T/A's on those rims it might just be a barfed-up poopnoodle.

19. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

You mean like this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats it, its offical. The wheels are coming off.

God knows i dont want to be a barfed-up poopnoodle!!!:eek::eek:

20. Car looks ok and those are not Cragars I think they look like applaince wheels,still maybe loose the 28 and if ya wanna keep the scallops out line it maybe in say red,and yeah maybe down in the butt some,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now drive it and enjoy the hell outa it!

21. draggin breath

draggin breath

A friend has a '42 coupe that he opened the rear wheel wells to '41 Ford specs,looks great!!!!!!!

22. indyjps

indyjps

If it were my car - I'd go with a solid color, the Cragars arent too bad, free is good, use the tires up or keep them for winter
    opening the wheel arches would help, depends on your fab skills.

Harbor Freight HVLP gun is only about $30 if you catch them on sale, they can shoot decent paint if you work with them a little. Gallon of Ebay paint in satin and you'd be looking a lot better for around $100 with paper / tape etc

23. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

what he said X2

24. brad chevy

brad chevy

Wheels don"t do anything for car ,lose the number,and if you are so sure about the scallops,outline them or highlite them ,would look alot better,number on side just kills whole car.do what you like,opinions are like assholes everybody has one.

25. 55chevr

55chevr

Yeah ... you ruined it ...

26. nice car to work with, but the 28 and scallops do nothing for it.

27. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

I personally don't care for the 28 but hay, if you like it thats all that matters!Don't worry about what everyone else thinks,It's not there car it's yours, just enjoy it and drive it.

28. missysdad1

missysdad1

Chrome wheels = poopnoodle (not my term, but I like it!).

My opinion: put the painted steelies back on and don't you dare touch the rear wheel openings - they are what makes a Nash a Nash!

Your car reminds me a great deal of the cars driven by the characters in Henry Gregor Felsen's books, Hot Rod, Street Rod, Crash Club etc. and those driven by my friends as I was growing up in the late '50s.

Real teens didn't drive the cars featured in the magazines back then, they drove cars like yours. What a great tribute to the way things really were back in the day!

:)

29. Master of None

Master of None

Forget the rim's what are you doing with the old rollback truck in the first pick? Looks way cool.

30. Master of None

Master of None

sorry second pic.