Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barn finds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chevychopper, Apr 19, 2010.

1. nutajunka

nutajunka

Totally amazing how car's like those can just be parked and just be left to sit and collect dust. An amazing find for sure.

2. Sjiefaa

Sjiefaa
    from Holland

That was a shedload of cool-car-history right there :D.

Did you ''only'' get the Lawdari, or are you bringing home the other cars as well?

3. seetz

seetz

when did it last run? has a 1949-50 Rocket, but I see a modern GM alternator.

4. servi53

servi53

that thing rocks, excellent find

5. Chevychopper

Chevychopper
    from Smyrna, DE

No telling when it was last running. Going to go through the whole car, hopefully tomorrow to see what's going on. Based off of the depth of the dirt on the car, i'm thinking it hasn't run in at least 5 yrs, but that's a guess.

6. selohssa

selohssa

That thing is very cool. Did you get any of the other cars?

7. Chevychopper

Chevychopper
    from Smyrna, DE

We picked up a 65 Caddy 2 door in really nice condition. I've got my name on the 60 Lincoln 2 door vert and the 57 Caddy convert at this point. She's taking her time letting things go because of emotional attachments. I can really understand that so when she's ready to let things go she will call me. I know the franklin and studebaker will be ready to go soon.

8. Chevychopper

Chevychopper
    from Smyrna, DE

Got the car washed up today. Kinda hilarious watching the years of dirt come off of her. I'll post more pics later. Got a lot to do tomorrow to see if we can get her running.

Attached Files:

9. Labold

Labold

It's amazing what a little soapy water will do.

10. The rear bumpers look like 1963-67 Vette.Don't see how it could have been registered as a 1960 if those bumpers came on it originally.

11. skiffnbuck

skiffnbuck

Nice Wash Job!! :) Where can I sign up to have the salt brine and bat poop washed off of my Toyota?? Give a call when you have a breath...want to see how it's coming. Looks promising.

12. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Big Change, thats a great Find!!

13. Jimv

Jimv

the 60 lincoln vert is a rare one also!! I worked for Linc-merc in NY about 40yrs ago & never saw one before!
    JimV