Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Rusty 47 Ford Reserection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolkemp, Apr 17, 2010.

1. You have some dedication alright! Props!!

2. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

I agree.. a meet would be great.
    But as far as "when our cars are done" I think that would be a while for some of us. :( See attached pics of where mine sits. But I'm hoping to drag engine closer to where the frame is this weekend. Sometimes I think about selling the thing. Then I find (or Rick finds for me... thanks buddy!) some parts like '40 front spindles.

I get a kick out of these guys in "the rust belt" of the states (no offense meant). You think you've seen rust.
    What Steve has is still recognizable as a car! Not much of that stuff left around here. Between the crusher and the salt air we have little to work with

Steve.. you are a wild man.

Attached Files:

3. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

first time I have seen this thread, very nice work and a great save of a old car. looking forward to more updates

4. ratt7

ratt7

Looks like a great start, alot of work, but your getting there.

5. koolkemp

koolkemp

If I found some one stupid enough to do it , I couldnt afford tp pay them anyways!!:D

6. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks ! I appreciate the kind words !

7. koolkemp

koolkemp

Are my pics showin up beside each other in this thread? Thats how they look but I am at work right now ...when I post them or look at them from home they are one above the other??

8. koolkemp

koolkemp

We should set something up for this summer Chad at Green Goblin Customs in Canning is havin a car show at his place end of August room for a couple of hundred cars should be a blast...hes on the HAMB but doesnt know shit about computers ...he build some interesting stuff!

9. You should move the cursor to the bottom right of the previous pic and hit "ENTER" between each url entry and that will make them stack better. Make sure that you preview the posts to make sure that the pics are not going off the sides crazy.

Nice fab work! Looks like some of the cars that we have to build in the midwest. Just rust with doorhandles. Not much else.

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thats the funny thing, I did preview them! They are all stacked when I look at them on the pc at home, didnt know there was a problem till I looked at em on the laptop at work... I have just been using the yellow pic icon to insert the pics...guess i got some experimenting later tonight, my apologies to any one who hates scrolling sideways to look at pics as much as I do!

11. international iron sled

international iron sled
    from san diego

i like the tail dragger stance this thing has :D

Attached Files:

12. tbone1951

tbone1951
    from COLORADO

that is fricking awesome i want to learn

13. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

i still need to do the firewall and floor, then all bodywork but working 60hrs aweek lately doesnt give me much energy afterwards to do anything.. usually when i get home its getting dark, but i get sunday off so hoping to get the firewall tacked in place and lay the lower floors.. im hoping for late july to start it with a key :)

14. koolkemp

koolkemp

Sounds great Rick, at least ya can spare a few bucks to spend on it eh! I gotta call Bob does he still have that S10 Blazer?

15. koolkemp

koolkemp

Hahaha hardly I have had it a little over a yr and a half didnt work on it all last summer...I try to get all day Saturdays, a few hours on Sundays and usually 2-3 hrs during the week...all those 2-3 hr sperts add up to quite a few hours over the coarse of a year next thing ya know a shitload of work is done :cool:

16. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks clean cut ! I figured out the issue and edited all the pics should be ok now.

17. The firewall and 1 rocker box is all the bodywork I've done on mine so far... I put Chrysler vanilla shake on it, but I'm only half done with the firewall... I used roofing nails to fill about 1/2 the holes, so there are about 40 pointy things inside abour the toeboards that nees grinding off.:D

18. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

So that's what I need to do!!! Start on it and not tell anyone for a couple years. ;)
    Still, I wish I could get all day Saturday once a month let alone time through the rest of the week.
    Ah well. Everything in it's time I guess.
    With any luck I'll have a trailer on the road next week. That will help moving parts about.

19. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks Squablow if I do use the short doors to make a business coupe out of it I will slope the roof to pretty close to where it ends now, so I can have a back seat for the little one...I even thought about maybe putting in some type of opera seat for her, could mount a dvd payer opposite to keep her occupied on long drives...

20. koolkemp

koolkemp

Shit I never thought of that I am sure that would have saved me a couple of hours at least!!

21. koolkemp

koolkemp

I wont be here from May 3rd to the 7th gotta go to Toronto for a training coarse for the new job...so dont show up when I am not here !

22. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

i think so, i havent talked to him much lately but i think he still has it.

23. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Training course? Cool.
    I'll certainly check with you first before going.
    I'm in Halifax the 17-19 so the weekend before is out.
    It'll be a Saturday anyway so Fred can go too. We'll either take his truck or my trailer.
    Need any little bits of steel for brackets? I've got a bunch of small stuff I'll bring anyway.
    And don't worry Rick... I'll save some for you too!

24. koolkemp

koolkemp

Ya I am workin for a Toshiba dealer now told the crooks I was workin for that I didnt feel comfortable there anymore , quit on my Birthday :D best present I ever gave myself lol! Ya sure any kind of steel would be great, gotta keep building the new collection eh!

25. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Ya.. I knew you had changed jobs but didn't know you were working for a Toshiba dealer.
    Darned old computers. ;)

We have a welding shop at the campus so I grab on to as many little scraps as I can.
    I think you could use a few. ;)

26. No prob...Glad to help! It keeps all the pics inline and no sidways scrolling. Also keeps all the viewers happy!:D

27. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

newmac is my new friend,lol... i have lots from them, and the subway metal exchange... i need some 1-5/8 tubing now :)

28. Rikster

Rikster

29. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

I too used nails to patch trim holes on my 47. I found it easier where possible to put the heads on the inside, do my tacking and cut the nail off. the rest I cut down first to about a 1/4 inch. they fit perfectly.