Register now to get rid of these ads!

Removed some rust!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 52chevydeluxePDX, Apr 23, 2010.

1. 52chevydeluxePDX

52chevydeluxePDX

So I decided it was time to clean up my floors on the 50' Buick. There's a nice rubber matt, then the original carpeting under that, then a nice layer of padding, then under that was this terrible insolation that was all rusted..it had never dried out and it was soaking wet...
    Today I took all the carpet up and scrapped that old insulation out. Anyway, here's how it looks now and a pic of the old rusted crap that was soaking on the floor...

Attached Files:

2. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm thinking the "nice layer of padding" may now become the "old rusted crap that's soaking on the floor". The water is coming from somewhere. You might have to seal your windshield or the heater or maybe the firewall...or the floor itself.

3. 52chevydeluxePDX

52chevydeluxePDX

it was coming in from the doors. I put all new weather striping on the doors back in december because if I drove it in the rain, it would come in from the sides... so thats fixed now..

4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like you've got it covered then. Glad to hear it. I do love the early '50s Buicks. I've had a few myself. Out of all the old cars I've had, I think one of the coolest was the '51 Roadmaster Riviera...quite a car.